Are you looking for the Best Baby Carriers out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Baby Carriers before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Baby Carriers that suit your needs.
Your little one deserves an investment that will ensure him/her absolute comfort when you go out-of-doors, and a baby carrier is the ideal device that will help you offer superior relaxation to your baby.
Listed below is a selection of the top 10 baby carrier models for the year, which you ought to consider before going in for a purchase.
Latest Best Selling Baby Carriers
Last update on 2021-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
BABYBJORN’s Baby Carrier
A strong and durable carrier that will do well for your little infant, this model can withstand heavy babies easily, and is made purely of cotton to offer utmost comfort to your tot. it features an adjustment which allows you to carry your precious one at whichever position you desire.
ERGObaby’s Infant Insert Heart2Heart
A simple carrier that can accommodate babies weighing from 7-12 lbs., this carrier comes with a tender, soft padding that accords superior comfort to your baby for a long duration of time. This model, too, is made entirely out of cotton for durability and comfort.
Infantino’s Swift Classic Baby Carrier
One among the sturdiest carriers available, with a weight-bearing capacity of 8-25 lbs., this model comes with variable positioning, comfortable padding and strong, hardy shoulder straps that assure top safety for your baby.
BABYBJORN’s Baby Carrier One
With both front and back position carrying option, this comfortable device works well for both you and your infant. It is ergonomically made to safeguard your baby at all times and has a weight-enduring capacity of 8-33 lbs.
Infantino’s Sash Mei Tai Baby Carrier
Offering a natural, comfortable sitting position for your toddler, this baby carrier gives top priority to your child’s comfort, with extra-wide shoulder straps that allow you to tirelessly carry your little one around for a long time.
Infantino’s Flip Front 2 Back Baby Carrier
Yet another model that allows two interchangeable carrying positions, i.e. back and front, the model is equipped with a breathable mesh to give your baby access to clean, fresh air. It also features adjustable lumbar and is sturdy, with the ability to carry heavy babies as well.
ERGObaby’s 4-Position Infant Carrier
A comfortable device with adequate head, back, arms and knees support, this baby carrier affords your child a natural comfy sitting position. Its ergonomic design assures child safety and can readily seat babies weighing 7-33 lbs.
BABYBJORN’s Original Classic Carrier
A user-friendly model with low sophistication, this carrier requires minimal adjustments for use, thus making for an ideal option. The carrier is made wholly from 100% cotton to ensure top-level comfort and durability.
Hynes’ Eagle Baby Carrier Classic
A 100 percent polyester carrier which boasts of upscale quality, this device features a breathable mesh on its outer covering to allow adequate airflow for your tiny tot. A front pocket included in the carrier facilitates storage of little toys as well as other baby accessories.
ERGO’s Baby Carrier Package plus Grey Insert
Guaranteeing you uniform weight distribution for a tireless, comfy carrying, this carrier comes with superior padding and three different carrying positions- front, hip and back- according to your preference.
Baby Carriers Buying Guide
Baby carriers have always been popular choices for many parents and, funnily enough, their popularity seems to be growing even more in these latest years. It may sound like an easy task to buy a baby carrier but, trust us on this, it is not. There are many different types of baby carriers that you can choose from and, unless you are properly informed, you will likely end up being completely clueless about where to go and what to buy. But, fear not! This guide is here to help you out by supplying all the needed information so that you can choose the best possible baby crib that will satisfy all of your needs and that won’t hit your pockets too hard either. Let us begin right away!
Types of Baby Carriers
First things first, before you even start thinking about which baby carrier to go for, there are certain features that you absolutely need to consider before going forward. We will list them all and discuss them as well in the lines below.
- Soft front carriers: The trademark of these baby carriers is fabric seat that has both the straps and the leg openings located at the very back. The head of your loved one will be upright by that back section while its sleeping pose will be placed right below your chest. These carriers are a very valid choice for anyone who wants an equal distribution of weight between the shoulders. This will make your baby be able to freely move around the carrier and stretch its legs without any obstacles (mostly coming from the fabric itself) in the way.
- Wraps and slings: Baby wraps (also known as baby slings) are crafted by using plenty of fabric and they are designed to distribute the weight of your baby over one single shoulder. These carriers offer great flexibility because they allow mothers to look over the precious babies in a more discrete way and in a position that suits them the most. They are also suitable for toddlers and/or older babies as well. The fact that it has a pretty low weight makes it very movable and simple to use as well. However, if you prefer to have your babies’ legs stretched out, you should consider purchasing a soft front type instead.
- Hip carriers: This type of baby carriers comes up with a canvas seat, a shoulder swing that can be “rolled” around the body like a real sling as well as a strap that is placed around the waist itself. These carriers are primarily designed to be used on older babies and toddlers and will not be suitable for infants.
- Backpacks: The backpacks look almost identical like the hiking backpacks and their function is mostly the same as well. They are designed to allow any parent to carry their baby with them on their hiking sessions as well as the longer walks. Almost all models also specific sections that allow the parents to place and hold the babies’ diapers as well. They are also specifically designed for babies that are about 6 months old as they need to be able to maintain an upright position without your assistance.
You should always try to get a backpack that is designed by using the soft type of fabric that will allow the baby’s skin to “breathe” properly.
Choosing the right baby carrier
Before even thinking of buying a baby carrier, you need to ensure that you get the type that suits both yours and the needs of your baby. You also need to ensure that the baby actually supports it as, remember, the key thing is to provide a proper support for your precious one. You can certainly look up the offers of your local stores but, the chances are, you will likely find better offers if you spend some time to look up what Amazon and eBay have in store. Their assortments are absolutely massive.
- Weight standards: Among other things (age, for example), every single baby carrier has certain weight standards that have to be met. Make sure that is really the case before buying any baby carrier because, otherwise, your baby may end up being injured badly.
- The minimum age and weight requirements: Make sure to look into the minimal requirements when it comes to both the age and the weight before buying a particular baby carrier. In a typical scenario, the minimum age is one week old while the minimum weight is 8 pounds. This is the very minimum that every carrier needs to meet and if that’s not the case, don’t even bother with such models. Some particular carries (like Baby Bjorn, for example) features additional fabric and snaps in order to make the size of the leg openings even smaller.
- Maximum weight requirements:In most cases, the maximum allowed weight ranges between 20 and 35 pounds. This limit needs to be considered seriously as the carrier will end up breaking completely if it ends being pressured with a weight that it doesn’t support. When your baby is 6 or 7 months old, you definitely need to consider changing your carrier and switch to either a lightweight stroller or a child carrier backpack. If the child experiences any issues, you will, of course, need to contact a physician and ask him/her for an additional input.
- Soft front baby carrier types:There are a couple of different types of soft front baby carriers and each of them has their own unique attributes as well as a unique set of pros and cons. Some are made for smaller children and will fit them better and some of them are specifically designed for the small ones. Let’s go into a bit more details on each of them.
- Forward-facing models:All babies enjoy an additional sense of safety and security when they are able to look at their parents’ eyes and rest while putting a head on their chest. These soft front baby carriers will allow your child to do just that. This is a perfect baby carrier for infants and smaller babies in general as they are still not able to hold their head on their own.
- Outward-facing models:Unlike the previously described models, outward-facing soft front baby carriers are designed for children that are either 4 or 5 months old as, at that age, they will have plenty of curiosity in to watch and observe the world around them on their own. And this baby carrier is designed to allow them to do that without too much hassle.
- Convertible models:This type of soft front baby carriers combines the previous two and you can put the baby towards you and you can also allow it to explore the world as well. If you want an universal baby carrier that you can use from the start and that you can also continue using as your baby is growing, look no further!
- Soft front baby carrier seating possibilities:An ideal soft front baby carrier should provide enough support for both the neck and the head of your baby. It should also have some extra padding around the leg openings for even more comfort. There should be enough room for your baby to place and move its legs freely and if the openings are too “reserved” and tighter than they should be, the baby will not be happy.
An ideal option would also be a removable seat and/or a seat that can be (at least) partially unsnapped. On top of that, you need to take note that the carriers that are placed between the shoulders put (additional) pressure on both your neck and the back and they are not ideal for usage in extended time periods. You should ideally look up the images of the baby carriers and take a look where the straps are placed. If such pictures are not available, you can always message the seller directly and ask for some input that way.
If you and your partner are tall enough, you can buy some extendable straps and/or straps with really long straps as those are practically designed for tall people exclusively. Some people may need to consider getting a baby carrier with a waist belt as well. If you want a quality baby carrier with a waist belt that also equally distributes the weight around the whole body, you should certainly check out what Active Baby Bjorn and Snugliaand have to offer.
Choosing the baby wraps/slings
If you are a mother looking for a baby carrier that will bring you plenty of flexibility and an easy, compact way of breastfeeding, you may want to purchase a baby wrap and/or a baby sling instead of a classic or a soft front baby carrier instead. There are 2 different options available here and we will describe them a bit more in the following lines.
- The slings: Some slings like this model that is made by NoJo are able to provide a sufficient head support for your baby by using their own shoulder pads and some additional padding that also stimulates a high level of comfort at the same time as well. The fabric that comes with slings can also be moved around and you can do that in order to properly set up the seating position of your choice. The maximum weight supported by baby slings is usually around 30 pounds.
- The wraps: Baby wraps are made using the fairly unpadded cotton fabric. We can take a look at the practical example of a baby wrap coming from Maya. This model is completely made from cotton as well as a hand-crafted Guatemalan-type fabric. They are made using much more material than the classic baby slings and this makes them much more versatile, giving you a lot of flexibility at the same time as well. They can also be used as baby carriers whose maximum weight limit reaches 35 pounds.
- The carrying positions: The regular baby slings provide sufficient support for newborn babies but, they can also be turned into seats to provide further support for older babies and toddlers as well. You can change the carrying positions and use the one that suits your baby the most, no matter if it is a more discrete position that is closer to their hearts or the kangaroo-carry position or a hip-carry position that is advised for toddlers and older babies in general. Make sure to investigate all the different carrying positions as well as their possibilities before buying any baby sling in particular.
With so many different baby carriers on the market, you have plenty of different options to choose from. Make sure to gather enough information about the particular baby carrier of your choice, try to find the best offer (preferably, by looking up the different products available on eBay and Amazon) and ensure that the carrier is suitable for your baby as well. I hope that the guidelines that I provided in the previous lines helped you out at least a little bit. If you follow the instructions that were given here, you will eventually end up getting your ultimate baby carrier that will allow you to nurse your baby the way you want and, hopefully, it will also be a lasting solution that will grow together with your child. Thanks for reading, have a great day!