Are you looking for the Best Baby Cribs out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Baby Cribs before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Baby Cribs that suit your needs.
For those of you with newborns at home or a baby along the way, an inevitable investment among the many baby accessories that you must stack your nursery with, is a baby crib. A comfortable and safe option that will let you sleep well knowing your baby is secure and cozy, cribs come in several different models, with some of the more advanced ones offering you exotic features.
Following are the 10 top baby cribs that are prevailing in the current baby accessory market.
Latest Baby Cribs
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Davinci’s 3-in-1 Jenny Lind Convertible Crib
This high-performance baby crib has been well-acclaimed, and coveted mostly for its tasteful construction, that speaks of high-end aesthetic appeal. The crib is fashioned with intricate detailing along with signature spindle posts, and guarantees your baby’s absolute safety. Finished in a rich style, the model offers you 4 adjustable positions for the mattress, thereby imparting high flexibility and versatility to it. Its height is adjustable, its finishing non-toxic to make for easy breathing and its highly sturdy slats enhance security of your tiny tot.
Delta Children’s Mini Portable Crib
Perfect for toddlers below two years of age, this deluxe baby crib offers your child utmost comfort and safety. Keeping your baby cosy throughout, this excellent unit is also portable, functional, designed in a cute pattern that will suit a nursery well. Two mattress position adjustments allow you to position the mattress according to your liking, thereby enabling your child’s crib to work as a play pen, a changer and a bassinet.
BreathableBaby’s Breathable Mesh Baby Crib
This award-winning fabric which has gained approval by experts and pediatricians worldwide is highly safe for your baby and prevents the risks of suffocation, entanglement and climbing. With a special Air Channel technology, this device assures you adequate airflow, thereby maintaining unlimited air supply for your precious one. Designed with a soft and comfy, cushioned interior, this crib keeps your baby’s tiny, fragile limbs safe. The unit is easily adjustable, with a fastener, hypoallergic padded mesh, durable mesh fabric and a satin trim finishing that lends an elegant look to the crib, matching your nursery’s décor perfectly.
Stork Craft’s 4-in-1 Tuscany Convertible Crib
An elite baby crib with a solid, magical sleigh-type design befitting a royal prince/princess, this crib is surely elegance itself in your child’s nursery. This feature-rich model boasts of 3 mattress adjustments, convertible unit with all 4 sides stationary, as well as support base for extra stability. The unit is well-made, with solid wood used in its fabrication, thus making it non-toxic & at the same time robust. The model can be very conveniently interconverted from crib to day-bed to toddler bed in no time.
Stork Craft’s Fixed Side Valentia Convertible Crib
Stork Craft features again on this list with its high-end products that offer high aesthetic value and accentuate the room’s décor and ambiance. Known for producing royalty design cribs that will render a fairytale look to your precious one’s nursery, this convertible model is versatile, with a stunning white finishing, flowing lines, curved edges as well as stationary secure side rails for delivering utmost stability, functionality and safety. It comes equipped with a bottom sliding drawer that offers adequate space to store your little one’s baby accessories and other items like play toys, as also a 3 position adjustment for the mattress to accommodate your baby as he/she grows.
AFG’s 4 in 1 Athena Naomi Crib
A niche market product from highly reputed brand AFG, this baby crib has gained widespread popularity among consumers. Made in a non-toxic traditional pinewood design with a superior quality finishing, this unit offers 4 chief conversions, short and friendly height, and a 35” front rail. A product of China, this imported crib provides utmost convenience of use and easy assembly, owing to its properly-labelled pieces which can be assembled yourself in under an hour. The crib is fashioned in a custom size to readily match all common mattress sizes.
DaVinci’s 4-in-1 Kalani Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail
Another DaVinci model to make an appearance on this list, the Kalani baby crib is an award-winning 4-in-1 unit which has been basking in splendid online reviews, with customers being all-praise for its esteemed comfort, quality and stability. This highly coveted model comes in a solid wood build with multiple conversions from crib to daybed or toddler bed, guaranteeing your infant a safe sleeping and playing area. Boasting of top-class quality engineering, this trendy option will definitely enhance and complement your nursery’s interior.
Dream- On-Me’s Aden 4 in 1 Crib
Yet another 4-in-1 option that features adjustable mattress for your baby’s supreme convenience and relaxation, this convertible crib has a solid, sturdy construction with a non-toxic wood finish. Its base is low to allow the parent easy access to reach over inside. Three different mattress adjustments enable the crib to function as a daybed, toddler bed or twin-size bed as well, for accommodating growing babies.
Delta’s 4-in-1 Children Canton Convertible Crib
This classic crib construction with a sophisticated, timeless design delivers topnotch functionality and quality, and is easily convertible from day-bed to toddler bed to full-sized bed. These position adjustments ensure optimal comfort for your precious one. Made of a standard size, the unit comes in dark chocolate exterior finish, which serves to complement all house styles and décor. The model is certified by JPMA, and also exceeds ASTM and CPSC safety standards.
Stork Craft’s 4-in-1 Portofino Fixed Side
Undeniably the No.1 baby crib in the current market, this model from Stork Craft comes with highly intricate detailing & a hardy structure that will provide excellent care and comfort to your little one. Fashioned in a sleigh type of design, this crib-changer combo unit will beautifully accentuate your nursery, with its assortment of elegant accessories that include an ottoman, a dresser, drawer, a chest and changing pad; the change pad is made of waterproof vinyl and offers a convenient platform to change your infant’s diapers.
Baby Cribs Buying Guide
Getting the right baby crib for your precious one isn’t always easy. There are so many different options available on the market and a new buyer can easily end up being completely clueless.
Although some things are “universal” (like the overall design that follows the “light rainbow” colorful palettes that are scientifically proven to have beneficial effects on the cognitive development at an early age), most other things will make a whole difference and turn a “good crib” into a “not the one that you should go for”. This guide will address these issues and help you choose the best crib for your baby!
The types of Baby Cribs
There are plenty of different types of baby cribs available on the market and each of them has some specific elements that are perfectly suited to a particular group of individual needs. When getting a new baby crib, you should primarily aim your crib to be safe and comfortable. These 2 factors are the most important ones to consider. After that, you can consider some other parameters such as the versatility, the longevity, and the style itself. An optimal baby crib should ideally be a combination of the previously mentioned factors.
But, with that being said, let us analyze all these types with a bit more detail right now.
- Basic cribs: As the name implies, these are the very standard cribs and they are designed to fit the needs of people who don’t need strong visuals and/or additional flexibility and people who want the crib to just do its main job properly. That is the biggest downside as well since none of these cribs can be a long-term solution. They can certainly be great for babies who are up to 2 years old but, as soon as they get older than that, it’s time to look for another solution.
- Convertible cribs: These cribs are the most popular choices among buyers for quite some time now and for a good reason! Not only that this crib is a true long-term solution that “grows along” with your baby, it is also foldable and you can convert into different forms as well. If we take an example of a 4-in-1 baby crib, we can turn into a basic crib, a standard toddler bed, the daily bed, and even a classic/twin bed as well. A 5-in-1 foldable baby crib also has plenty of options available along with the full-size bed. If you are not keen of so many different forms, 2-in-1 foldable baby cribs will be perfect for the more standard-oriented buyers. As it was noted previously, the flexibility is the biggest plus of these cribs. You can use the basic crib in the beginning and once your child outgrows it, you can turn it into a toddler bed. You don’t need to buy an entirely new crib at all! And this will save your budget quite a bit too. The bad news, though, is that these cribs are slightly expensive and unless you are willing to spend at least $200, it might be wise to consider some alternatives as well.
- Oval cribs: If you are the type of person that values style above everything else, this is definitely a type to consider. Oval (round) cribs have the most amazing looking design out of all types of baby cribs and they are a great choice if you want a unique crib that leaves a very strong stylish impression. You can place it in the middle of the room and your baby will be able to have a full circular view. The sad fact is that they are much smaller in size compared to the basic cribs so they may also end up being the solution for only a limited time period. The fact that the price is (perhaps unreasonably) high doesn’t make up for that either. And lastly, finding the right mattresses for these cribs will turn out to be quite a challenge as well.
- Portable cribs: These cribs are the most suitable solutions if your family is traveling very often. They are very easily carried around and they offer some amazing foldable concepts. Many of these cribs also come equipped with at least 1 carrying case that you can use to hold and carry the crib around. Their flexibility is definitely the biggest upside but the fact that they are so easily moved around is what I’d call a downside, though. The materials that this type of crib is made of are very easily damaged and they don’t last for very long which, as you may admit, is not really perfect for a family that is looking for a traveling model of cribs. Getting a portable crib made out of wood may be a solution but just partly. It doesn’t have as much as flexibility as the portable cribs made out of aluminum, for example.
How important is it to get a proper baby crib?
It is definitely very important to get the right baby crib and a right mattress for it as well. You need to make sure it is soft, fitting, and breathable as well. Good quality sleep is essential for your baby in order for the body to develop properly and you can ensure that it happens if you get the right crib.
The quality standards are given by the National and International agencies that regularly take care of baby products and it is a good idea to get a crib that is designed according to them. You should also try to avoid fibers and other synthetic materials in general too as many reports indicate that they are not 100% safe for babies.
In addition to providing a quality sleep, baby cribs also give an additional protection for your precious one. The baby will be fully secured while sleeping in a crib. And there is also an option to increase the safety to an even higher level by getting a crib that comes with safety nets as well as tents. That will make any falling from the crib next to impossible.
Buying the baby crib
Being a parent is a very tough job and keeping your child happy and secure while also allowing it to develop properly is much harder than it really sounds. A good step towards providing a quality sleep and a proper safety at the same time is certainly the baby crib.
While some older generations were very limited when it came to the choice of the crib, the modern era has given us plenty of different styles, types, and designs to choose from today. A proper baby crib will allow your sweet child to have a good sleep every night and it will provide more than enough safety. You won’t need to watch over him every second and you can do some other assignments (like preparing a lunch for the next day) while the baby resides in a crib. This is exactly why you should not hesitate and you should get your baby crib right away!
Important factors to consider when buying a new baby crib
- Height & weight: You need to consider how big and how heavy your baby is before even considering to buy a new crib. If you end up getting a baby crib that doesn’t fit your baby and if you end up with a model that is either bigger or smaller than it should be as well as a model that is not able to hold its weight properly, it will result in a wasted investment and you will need to get a new one soon. The best advice I can give you is to go for 20% bigger values than the actual weight and height of your baby. It will give enough “free” space to your baby and it will also ensure that the crib has a healthy longevity as well.
- Safety: The safety of your baby is the single most important factor that needs to be considered. You may like (and prefer) getting a handsome-looking crib with a strong visual side but, ultimately, you should always put safety above everything else. A very basic crib should always have an advantage compared to the more contemporary ones if it is safer! Always consider both the fixed and the drop sides as well. The later must be placed within 2 3/8 inches of each other to properly prevent the baby to end up being stuck or falling off from the crib. If the model you are buying has some pretty visuals attached to it, it may be wise to consider pulling them off as they might “stimulate” your baby to get out of the crib and touch them/put certain parts of the composition into its mouth. This can only give you trouble in the long run. If you do want to add some handsome visuals, ensure that you have a proper vacuum under the bedding first.
- Space: No matter what kind of crib you wish to purchase, you need to ensure that you have enough room and that the place is properly positioned and ventilated at the same time. You should also try to “isolate” the crib and keep it separated from other things in the environment to prevent injuries. If you really lack space in your home, it might be a wise idea to consider purchasing a portable baby crib as it will consume much less space and you will also be able to move it around. Measuring the area where you intend to store the crib is the best way to determine what type and model you need to look for and this is something you stick to at all times.
- Customizable height: It is essential for your baby crib to have the ability to customize its height manually. That means that you can lower or raise the mattress’ support according to the needs of your baby. To put it up as shortly as I can, as your baby is growing, it will only become natural for you to lower the mattress in order to fit the baby’s (new) height. The same should be done when your baby reaches a certain point when you start noticing that a single spot no longer holds it and that it has a frequent urge to jump around and get out of the crib on its own. That is also when you absolutely need to lower the mattress to prevent serious and life-threatening issues to arise if the baby ends up falling from a great height. On the other hand, when your baby is sleeping, you should raise the mattress as much as you can as that will allow a much more comfortable sleep. A crib with customizable height will make your life so much easier but it will also keep your baby fully secured as well (which is the primary goal, in the end).
- Wheels: One of the main concerns is also whether you want your baby crib to have a wheel support or you will be satisfied with the basic cots instead. This is mostly a personal preference but I believe that wheels are not really as reliable as one may think. You can lock them to a single spot but older babies will still easily find a way to move the cot on their own by simply walking inside the crib. The same can also happen even when they shake it around. Wheels will make the whole job of moving the crib around much easier, sure. But they will also cause a lack of additional reliability that you need as a buyer. If you do wish your crib to have the wheels integrated into the composition, at least make sure that they are not as “light” and that they have some degree of toughness to them.
- Teething rails: Once your baby reaches a certain point, you will commonly see it biting the wooden rails of your crib. Although this might seem like a very cute and innocent habit, it can create a bunch of issues, actually. Just imagine what can all happen if your baby ends up swallowing huge chunks of wood and once all that enters the digestive tract. Luckily, many modern manufacturers are aware of this and many modern baby cribs nowadays have the so-called “teething rails”. These rails have additional protection that will prevent the pieces of wood from ending up in your baby’s mouth. And the best thing about them is that they increase the longevity of the whole crib quite a lot. You should definitely get a crib that already has teething rails implemented but even if your crib doesn’t have this protection by default, you can also buy it separately for a very low price.
- Flexibility: You should definitely aim to get a flexible baby crib, the one that will allow you to turn it into a (smaller) bed once your child outgrows it. That would be an ideal preparation for the transition onto a bigger bed that is inevitable sooner or later. They are much closer to the ground than the traditional beds but they will still provide just enough comfort and safety that your baby won’t even notice the change. Make sure to look for a model that is easily convertible and a model that also looks nice when you look at it. Your baby will love it even more that way!
- Mattress: You need to consider what mattress you want for the crib as well. There are 2 types to choose from – innerspring and foam. There are several important things to consider here – the weight, the thickness, and the density. Although all 3 of these parameters are equally important and some are actually identical regardless of the mattress type (the thickness range is the same for both innerspring and foam mattresses), the density is the single most important factor that you need to consider. The bigger the density, the better quality of the mattress. You also need to ensure that the dimensions are properly measured and that the mattress fits the crib accordingly. Lastly, you should also consider the support of the baby crib. But, there is not a whole lot of philosophy here as if the crib itself is stable, you will likely be fine with any type of mattress that you choose.
- Construction type: The most common material used for baby cribs is wood but you can also find some alternatives as well. The finishes are very important to consider in this regard too. You can find both light and dark finishes and they can also be made from a variety of different materials. You need to double-check the construction every time you are buying a new crib regardless of the source. It needs to be sturdy, stable, and without any (noticeable) defects. If you hear some cracking noises when examining the frames, that likely means that they are not assembled properly or they are just simply loose. But do take note that the cribs exposed in local stores are rarely assembled properly so this might not be a good indicator of a bad construction in all cases. However, if the construction appears to be solid enough when it comes to other things and if it doesn’t have any sharp or “loose” ends, you are very unlikely to experience further issues (if you decide to buy that particular crib).
- Bedding: The bedding is also a very important part of your baby crib. You need a soft, elegant, and ideally, also a waterproof bedding as a perfect combination. Cotton is a good choice for a material as it is easily washed but make sure to get some reserve beddings as well to avoid having to wash it too often (whenever the baby spits on it, for example). You should also make sure to wash the bedding as soon as it is used for the first time to properly remove the remaining dirtiness and other potential irritants that may be tracked even to a manufacturing process in the factory. You should ideally wash your bedding every week with using a normal, mild detergent. If your baby is very sensitive, you should usie the soap during the washing process. Otherwise, it is a good idea to use for an increased cleaning efficiency.
We’ve come to the very end and I hope you realized just how important getting a good baby crib really is. Sleep is very important for all babies as it stimulates proper body development. Quality sleep is extremely important and there is no better way to ensure your baby gets one than choosing the right baby crib. At the same time, your baby will be safely secured and you can easily do some other activities while watching over your loved one. Thanks for reading and I hope that you found all the info that we provided here to be helpful. Have a wonderful day!