Are you looking for the Best Electric Food Dehydrators out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Electric Food Dehydrators before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Electric Food Dehydrators that suit your needs.
Dried fruits and seeds serve as good and healthy snacks, which almost all of us enjoy. However, purchasing them from stores can be a very expensive affair that put a large strain on your pockets. Why not make them at home with your very own food dehydrator that allows you to see and choose for yourself the content of your dried food? Commercially available dried foods, while being pricy, also tend to be loaded with harmful chemical ingredients that will prove hazardous in the long run.
Take a step towards a healthier lifestyle by investing in any of the below 10 best electric dehydrators that are prevalent in the current market.
Latest Best Selling Food Dehydrators
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Nesco’s Pro Snackmaster FD-75A Food Dehydrator
The perfect food dehydrating machine to prepare dry fruits, dried meats and veggies, this is the right solution to expensive dried foods sold in food stores. Featuring Converga-flor technology which uniformly and swiftly dries your food, the device is equipped with 5 trays that can be expanded to 12 to accommodate more food. It comes with adjustable thermostat ranging from 95-160° F and a ‘Vita-Save’ exterior body that is opaque to block harmful lights and retain the nutritional content of your food during the process of dehydration.
Presto’s Dehydro 06300 Food Dehydrator
Fitted with 4 food dehydrating trays, this affordable and highly-effective kitchen appliance makes quick work of providing you with your favorite dried snacks. Its drying process is swift and uniform, and allows you to go all-natural, with no necessity for additives or food preservatives to be added, thus making it a highly recommended option to health-conscious, organic food consumers. The quality/status of food being dried can be viewed by you during the course of the process. Furthermore, this machine makes for simple cleaning, courtesy of its drying trays and cover being dishwasher-safe; its easy storage is also facilitated by the removable drying trays which can be placed in your kitchen shelves/cabinets after cleaning.
Nesco’s FD-61WHC American Harvest
Gone are the days when you had to patiently wait for a number of days before being able to get a taste of your favorite home-made dried foods. The FD-61WHC from renowned manufacturer Nesco is an advanced food dehydrating unit that comes with a top-mounted fan to efficiently dry your fruits, vegetables and meat in a short duration of time. Featuring jerky gun, 5 ample-sized trays to stack your food to be dehydrated and a patented radial-action fan which blows air for evenly drying your food, this superb machine saves you the need to rotate the food every-so-often for a uniform, quick drying. All these specifications and more make this model a perfect choice.
Nesco’s American Harvest FD-37A
Nesco features yet again on this list with its FD-37A electric dehydrator for eating dried foods right out of your own kitchen. With 400W power, this electric dehydrator easily dries your veggies, fruit and meat in a matter of minutes. Provided with food trays that can expand to 7 in number to accommodate a large quantity of food, this machine also comes with a radial flow fan that rotates your trays to uniformly distribute heat. Except its power head, every other component of the machine is dishwasher-safe, thus assuring you easy cleaning and maintenance.
Nesco’s 1000 W Gardenmaster FD-1040
Drying granola, herbs, meat, veggies as well as fruits can be done in a jiffy with this hi-tech model from Nesco that operates on a 1000W power motor for preparing dried foods in a breeze. Its top-mounted fan helps in preventing liquids from dripping into the food-heating chamber. The machine’s adjustable thermostat allows you a range of selection from 90-160°, while the pressure inside the chamber can also be adjusted based on user preference. The other attractive add-ons offered with this device include 4 trays, clean-a-screen and fruit roll.
Waring’s Professional DHR30 Dehydrator
Waring Pro offers you its highly specialized DHR30 food dehydrator machine to allow convenient preparation of homemade dried herbs, fruits, beef jerky and vegetables. The principal features of this model encompass a 620W motor, 5 tray placement levels and adjustable thermostat with 4 settings namely- fan, low, medium and high, thereby providing you with a highly functional, useful unit to enjoy nutritious snacks from the comfort of your kitchen.
Nesco’s 4-Tray Snackmaster Express FD-60
Featuring most prominently on the list are the high-performance, deluxe-quality products from Nesco that offer you several outstanding features. This particular model, the FD-60, is a 500W electric-powered dehydrator which facilitates even drying of food. The optimum temperature can be selected from its adjustable thermostat provided with a temperature range of 95-155 degrees. Its top-mounted fan plays the customary role of preventing liquids from dripping into the food chamber, with the fan’s radial motion saving you the task of rotating trays regularly to ensure swift drying.
Presto’s Dehydro 06307
Justifiably bagging the 3rd position is the 06307 from Presto, which are basically mesh screens for your dehydrator. Recommended for use when small food items require drying, these screens come in a non-stick coating which clean up easily, thus facilitating effective maintenance. Its basic role is to prevent very small slivers of fruit and meats from falling through the spacing in the grates, thus making for very handy add-ons to your existing dehydrator.
Nesco’s FD-28JX American Harvest
A jerky-maker plus dehydrator that will prove to be an effective food-drying aid, this appliance comes with four drying trays measuring 13.5” for greater capacity. Its major attractive specifications include limited 1 year warranty, 350W heating element, fixed temperature, fan-driven power head as well as 3 jerky-gun attachments. The package, further, offers spice packets for 4 lbs. maximum freshly ground meat drying.
Presto’s Dehydro 06301
This excellent model from Presto bags the No.1 spot with its roomy 6-tray system for quick dehydration of food. A digital thermostat facilitates in maintaining accurate temperature within a range of 90-165° F. This model comes with bottom-mounted fan and heating element to assist in consistent airflow and save you the trouble of rotating the tray manually.
Electric Food Dehydrator Buying Guide
There are countless different reasons why you should get yourself a food dehydrator.Not only that you will get a very useful cooking addition for a relatively small amount of money, it will also have a great effect on your health as well. If you are looking for a place that will give you all the needed tips, this is the one! I will try to be both short and informative at the same time.
Electric Food Dehydration Benefits
- Health Benefits: The thing is, many of the foods that we regularly buy in our stores contain an excessive amount of additives and other preservatives that can be very unhealthy. I can’t even describe what could potentially happen if someone is allergic to them as well! If we take an example of a simple canned vegetable. Along with the product itself, you are also buying a significant amount of sodium. A little sodium won’t do us any harm, but an excessive quantity can be dangerous. Even more so if you already have one or more underlying health issues. That is why it is a good idea to get yourself a food dehydrator as it will help out and reduces these (potentially) dangerous substances to the very minimum.
- Cost Savings: A great thing to note is that they are indeed great money savers. You don’t need to end up wasting your money on various different foods, you can prepare them yourself! And they will also end up being much healthier that way as well. Not only that, they also effectively remove your food waste as well! In a realistic scenario, you will end up getting more food than you can eat at the moment. But you don’t need to throw away the food that you are not eating! You can easily use the food dehydrator to preserve it for later consumption. They will still be just as fresh and just as tasty as they are now.
- Cooking Benefits: One of the best things about the food dehydrator is that it allows you to make some really amazing and healthy foods that are very healthy and very hard to make otherwise. Foods like tempeh, granola, paprika, Native American pemmican, and even the Japanese natto – all of these foods are tasty and healthy but they are very difficult to prepare and probably even more difficult to buy (unless you have a really huge budget). Still, these foods can easily become your reality with a proper food dehydrator.
Electric Food Dehydrator Types
There are 3 different types of food dehydrators to note here:
- Horizontal dehydrators – this would easily by my personal favorite type when it comes to efficiency. The “horizontal” here stands for the way the air is flowing through the set. The horizontal air circulation ensures that the dehydrator is ventilated in all of its subsections and that the food is dried at the same frequency as well. These dehydrators come in the form of IR D5 and Excalibur Dehydrator.
- Vertical dehydrators – The airflow is different here and the direction goes from the top all the way to the bottom and vice versa. You will likely notice that the food will dry much faster on the trays that are next to the heat source and much slower on the trays that are more distant which is why you will have to rotate them manually to ensure that the drying is equal and proper at the same time. The representatives of this type are L’Equip FilterPro and Stockli.
- Infrared dehydrators – As the name suggests, this type uses the infrared technology for food drying. It is the newest type on the market and it gives some really great results. My recommendation for this type would be Counter Intelligence’s IR D5.
What is the Best Dehydrator to Buy?
Considering your own personal needs is always the first thing to do but if you want to play it safe, these 3 brands definitely stand out when it comes to quality:
- Excalibur (this brand is a definition of quality. You can’t go wrong with any of their products, really).
- Nesco (one of the longest running businesses in this market and with very reasonable prices. Again a good choice for both reliability and the overall quality).
- Presto (a company with a wide assortment and with some great quality food dehydrators as well).
Now, if I would have to choose from these 3….I would personally go for Excalibur. But that’s just me, though. I strongly encourage you to do a research on your own, use Google, and try to find as much information as you can because only in that case you will have a firm ground to decide what is good for you (and what is not).