Well cooked minced meat is something every meat lover always loves to eat and every cooking expert would love to cook. But this requires enough skills to grind the meat properly in order to cook it accurately. If a human tends to grind the meat then it will definitely make him weary and the worst the meat will not be ground properly for what a good electric meat grinder can do human can’t in relatively less time and properly. We therefore put forth the list of the top ten electrically operated meat grinders to make your choice even easier only if you want to have your meat properly ground
Table of Contents
- 1 Waring MG105 Professional Meat Grinder
- 2 Back to Basics Electric Meat Grinder Pro 4500
- 3 Lem Products 575-W #8-Grinder Electric Meat Grinder
- 4 Waring Pro MG855 Professional Die-Cast Metal Housing Meat Grinder
- 5 Sunmile G31 UL Meat Grinder
- 6 LEM Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder, 5-Pound
- 7 Sunmile 1.6HP #8 Stainless Steel UL Meat Grinder
- 8 STX 1800-MG Magnum Electric Meat Grinder
- 9 LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
- 10 Sunmile G33 S/S Meat Grinder
- 11 Electric Meat Grinder Buying Guide
Waring MG105 Professional Meat Grinder
With 500 watts powerful motor this waring MG105 meat grinder stands on number 10. Its small frame makes it occupy less kitchen area. Its usage is made simple with the help of the on/off button attached with it. It has been firmly packed. In addition, you will also find cutter plates and a sausage stuffer kit along this meat grinder.
Back to Basics Electric Meat Grinder Pro 4500
This amazingly built meat grinder works quickly with the help of its 800 watts motor. This has been designed in an elementary manner that is easily understood having a control switch to make its operation even simpler. It has been structured firmly with a touch of stainless steel. You will also find cutting plates and additional items required for its processing along this electric grinder. It has a limited warranty of 6 years.
Lem Products 575-W #8-Grinder Electric Meat Grinder
Having an exceptional durability and powerful motor of 575 watts, this lem product 575-W occupies the 8th place. It is its reliability that makes its price pretty heavy. Its frame has been given stainless steel coating so that it can withstand hard jobs. Its structure is very small yet it is an efficient machine to be used. There is no room for even a little complexity since an on/off button makes its operation quite easy. The set comprises a big meat stomper, pan, sausage stuffer set and some additional items.
Waring Pro MG855 Professional Die-Cast Metal Housing Meat Grinder
Having a relatively smaller motor of only 350 watts, this electric grinder has been placed on the 7th position. It has been closely and firmly packed with epic reliability. The frame has been modeled out of stainless steel. Despite having little dimensions this electric meat grinder can carry out various jobs. The kit includes three cutting plates and a sausage stuffer set.
Sunmile G31 UL Meat Grinder
If you look for a grinder that has more than enough power required then I would say that Sunmile G31 is the best choice. The motor is strong enough to provide 800 watts power for processing. Its durability cannot be challenged. It is a long-lasting option. The additional features also include an aluminum tube and a big meat chopper. Its on/off button makes its processing even simpler. Like other electric grinders the sunmile meat grinder also includes a cutting plate made of stainless steel, sausage stuffer set and 3 more cutting plates.
LEM Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder, 5-Pound
Having enough strength to withstand physical pressure with a 0.25 HP motor, this meat grinder stands on 5th place on the list. One can rely on its reliability blindly. It has a long shelf life. The on/off button makes you perform the actions at ease. It has been made with stainless steel increasing the life span of its parts. A meat chopper is included in the set.
Sunmile 1.6HP #8 Stainless Steel UL Meat Grinder
Despite standing on the 4th spot, the cost of this meat grinder is easily affordable with 1.6HP motor. The motor is capable enough to penetrate any kind of food at ease. Even the hardest and toughest food materials can be slashed easily through the grinder. In fact its crumbling power is 185 pounds of meat / hour. Very efficient and quick in its working this grinder has been appreciated heavily for its innovative structure and the big black button on its side.
STX 1800-MG Magnum Electric Meat Grinder
Ensuring its availability in the market for seven years, this meat grinder talks about its durability and usage itself and makes it well deserving for this position. Its motor is of 3000 watts and the strongest of all mentioned up till now. With the installation of the induction air cooling system maximum work can be extracted out through this grinder. The kit contains three grinders and a variety of different things used for its processing. It has one year of warranty.
LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
The presence of .35 Hp motor does not make a huge difference between this grinder and the other grinders mentioned earlier. However, this motor is slightly stronger. It is closely packed with a tough stainless steel frame. 240 lbs of meat / hour can be slashed using this grinder quickly and efficiently. The on/off button definitely makes the working easier for the users. One of the most appalling features of this grinder is that it has a warranty of two years. The kit includes sausage stuffer kit and three different grinders to entertain the meat of any type.
Sunmile G33 S/S Meat Grinder
Having more than enough power with the help of 1 HP motor, the sunmile G33 takes first place. With such exceptional power this grinder can crumble 170 pounds of meat / hour in the best possible way. It can withstand rough use with the capability of supplying enough power. The on/off button makes the work convenient for the users. There are items available in the kit that makes the slashing even easier. What makes it number one is its ability to work without causing even a little noise in its surroundings.
Electric Meat Grinder Buying Guide
Meat grinders have always been fairly popular but recently, the overall demand for them has reached rocket heights. In case you need some good tips on how to get the best possible meat grinder, you’ve come to a good place! In this article, I will share some valuable information and help you out in getting the appropriate meat grinder for your home.
Options for Grinding Meat at Home
Luckily for you, in some instances, you don’t really need to get any meat grinder at all. You can use any sort of food processor as well. It will do the job perfectly. There are many advantages of using your own meat grinder and you can only benefit from the fact that you won’t need to pay for this service to be done at another place (and by other people).
Benefits of Using a Meat Grinder
There are so many things to note here so I’ll just try to keep it short and simple. One of biggest good sides of using a meat grinder is that the meat is much healthier this way and its freshness is improved as well. Another great thing is that you are the one who is in charge of the whole grinding process so you are free to add whatever ingredients you like and to try out some new combinations as you like as well. It is highly beneficial when you’re on a diet since then you can fully control what kind of meat you want to produce as the end-result.
Types of Meat Grinders
Speaking of types, there are 3 basic ones to consider and we will go through each of them in a bit.
- Manual Meat Grinders: If you are not dealing with a bunch of meat on a regular basis, this is something you should certainly consider. It is also an ideal type for people who are not really professionals at this but they want to do it regularly on a casual basis. The biggest pro I can note here is that it is really stable and it does the job perfectly but sadly, it is quite easy for these models to fall apart during the grinding so you need to be extra careful!
- Meat Grinder Attachments: With the help of specific add-ons (or additions/attachments, if you like) you can increase the specter of your meat grinder to process more than just the regular meat. The most common additions are bought to process food like burgers and/or sausages but the choice is pretty much limitless. I can recommend doing some googling here. You will be able to find plenty of offers and for reachable prices as well.
- Standalone Meat Grinders: The third type is an electric meat grinder and this one is intended to be used by people who deal with meat all the time and who want to grind it on a regular basis. It is also more suitable for “professional” types of users as well. They are the most expensive type of meat grinders on the market but they offer the most options as well.
Meat Grinder Parts
Another important thing to consider before buying an optimal meat grinder is what it really consists of. In the following lines, I am going to give you a list of the basic components that each meat grinder consists of and I will break down their basic features.
- Pushers/hoppers: The way in which chunks of meat are transformed into ground up slices is regulated by a mechanism called “pusher” (or “hopper”). This is the part that “feeds” the meat to your grinder which processes it later on.
- The screws: The screws are the components that push your chunks of meat into the further processing. If it wasn’t for this component, your meat would’ve just ended stuck there for eternity (or until you pull it out). This kind of scenario isn’t impossible even with these circumstances but the chances of that happening are fairly small since you can easily turn over the grinding direction the other way around.
- The blades: This one is really very self-explanatory. The blades are the components that grind your slices into smaller pieces. The process is done by rotating the blades in a clockwise direction for a certain time period. For the best production results, I recommend choosing a model that has stainless steel blades.
- The plates: The plates are components that go “hand-in-hand” with the blades because they serve as a platform upon which the processing really happens. The meat goes through the tiny holes that the plates consist of and is then grinded by the blades. Once again, the best results are achieved with stainless steel plates so I recommend getting a model that has this.
- The trays: In general, you should always aim for your tray to be as big as possible because that will allow you to grind a bigger amount of meat at once. That way the whole grinding process will be much quicker and there will be much less ineffective waiting for a particular piece to be processed. The cheaper models usually have smaller trays and the more luxurious ones will offer big ones.
- The covers: Your meat grinder absolutely needs to have a cover in order to keep the blades and the plates from falling apart. This is even more significant if we speak of electric grinders. Either way, always make sure that the cover is appropriate or otherwise, you will end up in a bunch of problems and your meat will end up all over the place.
Meat Grinder Features
Depending on the particular model, the list of features is known to vary quite a lot but there are some features that are common regardless of the meat grinder. That is exactly what we are going to cover in these lines so stay tuned.
- Sausage stuffers: Sausage stuffers are standard additions to almost every meat grinder nowadays regardless of the type. The basic function of sausage stuffers is to make sausages in the most effective way possible and it does that perfectly. If this is your primary concern, double-check to make sure that the particular model has a sausage stuffer that has a good longevity.
- Reverse functionality: Another core feature is the reverse functionality and it allows your jam to be cleaned by turning the crank in another direction. This prevents any type of hassle going on and is very easy to perform. Always make sure that your meat grinder has this feature and that it supports it.
- The size: This is always extremely important to consider. The size usually varies on the type of grinder. The more basic types will usually be smaller and more convenient while those that are rich in features will be huge and more difficult to store. Once again, choose the model/size that suits your own needs and make a proper consideration before you buy your meat grinder.
- The plates: An ideal model should have several types of plates included into its core. Another thing to note is that they are all suitable for different kinds of processing as well. For example, the one that has 1/4 inch holes will be suitable for grinding/processing of the foods such as the pepperoni and salami. The one that has 3/8-inch holes will be highly suitable for the processing of chili and chorizo while the one whose inch holes are 1/2 wide can be ideally used for grinding coarse chews and chili. As for the material, I recommend sticking to stainless steel.
- Convenience: You should also consider whether grinding meat is the only thing that interests you or you want to have a model that can process some additional foods like sausages and cheese. If that is the case, you should aim to get a meat grinder that offers the most convenience.
- The cleaning process: The cleaning process is never easy but you should try to get a grinder where this can go as smooth as possible. Although every particular model can be hand-washed, it is much better if you can use the help of a dishwasher and/or if you can dismantle it easily so that you can clean some specific parts more easily.
- 3-in-1 combo sets: There are also meat grinders that are designed to perform 3 different operations at the same type – to grind meat, to mince whatever you put in it, and to create pasta. If you really need these features, certainly consider getting a combo set. Otherwise, don’t bother as it’s not really worth it.
- Longevity: One of the most important things is that your meat grinder should last long. To ensure that, it needs to be made of quality materials (stainless steel comes to mind). Avoid plastics as although such models have the same basic properties, the material is simply not as durable as stainless steel.
- Final product: A classic meat grinder with regular outputs should be enough for your everyday needs. If that is not the case, then you should consider in getting a more advanced solution. But do pay attention though; it will cost you a lot as well.
- Crank Handles: I can recommend getting a model that offers ergonomic handles. Grinding meat for an extended time period can create pains in your hands and plenty of uncomfortable moments so you should try to prevent this. And the only proper solution is the ergonomic handle.
That was it. I hope that I managed to provide enough info in order to make your meat grinder purchasing as smooth as possible. Look up the best offers both online and at your local retailers and keep in mind what I wrote here. You should have no issues to find the right solution. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.