Are you looking for the Best Garage Door Openers out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Garage Door Openers before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Garage Door Openers that suit your needs.
We sure have seen many people struggling with their garage doors in daily life. Most of them work again after going through certain changes but a lot of doors become rusty and are no longer of one’s use. As it is said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The same goes for the garage doors. The main problem occurs with door opener notably that makes the door totally useless. Instead of repairing them and spending a great deal of money on them to make them work properly why not buy an appropriate one in the first place. Well there may pop a large number of options in your mind regarding the choice of a good door opener and you might also feel confused but only for your convenience we have mentioned here the top TEN door openers of the garage that will make it easier for you to choose the best one out of these.
Table of Contents
- 1 LiftMaster 3585 Elite Series
- 2 Genie 2562-TC Garage Door Opener – PowerLift 900
- 3 Chamberlain PD610D Garage Door Opener – Power Drive 1/2-HP
- 4 Chamberlain 1/2 HP Door Opener – PD212D
- 5 Chamberlain PD752D 3/4-Horsepower
- 6 Genie 1022-C 1/2-Horsepower DC ChainLift Door Opener
- 7 Chamberlain Power Drive 1/2-HP Door Opener – PD210D
- 8 Direct Drive 1042V001 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener
- 9 Chamberlain Ultra Strong and Quiet Door Opener – WD832KEV
- 10 Chamberlain Whisper Drive – WD962KEV
- 11 Garage Door Openers Buying Guide
LiftMaster 3585 Elite Series
Presenting you ½ horsepower motor with an average quality , this door opener stands on the 10th position. This horsepower motor makes the opening of the door pretty quick and easy. The major advantage of this door opener is that it performs its work i.e. the opening of the door in a silent manner. The LiftMAster is not bounded by a belt for the exact length of a door is not known. It comes with 5 year of warranty which is definitely a lot more than other openers.
Genie 2562-TC Garage Door Opener – PowerLift 900
Comprising of ¾ Hp motor 2562 model the number 9th position goes to this genie 2562. It has been proved really versatile in lifting the doors. It does not require much energy to fix it in order to support the door. It brings with itself 15 years of warranty. Even The warranty of its counterparts has also been mentioned that is 3 years. It saves you from putting your energy to make it work since it has a remote consisting of 3 buttons to operate it easily. The strength of this door cannot be challenged.
Chamberlain PD610D Garage Door Opener – Power Drive 1/2-HP
Very long-lasting in its frame and having some additional features, this opener of the garage manages to make it to 8th spot. Its flexibility has been increased with a powerful motor namely ½ HP motor that makes it carry any sort of door. It can also be controlled with the help of the remote containing 2 buttons to operate it. Moreover, a lamp up to 200 watt can also be connected with it. It helps you in the dark situations. It has the lifetime warranty. It has also been given a rail system that is very easy to install.
Chamberlain 1/2 HP Door Opener – PD212D
Having an impeccable power because of its ½ HP motor with some limitations regarding its best use we have put this door opener on 7 on the list. The Chamberlain ½ horse power door opener produces better results with the doors that have chain drive. Two remotes are given along the opener although we can also perform the door lifting job without these remotes with the help of wall mounted units. Its overall working is smooth and silent. You might hear a little noise because of the railings installed in it. It comes with the limited warranty of 6 years.
Chamberlain PD752D 3/4-Horsepower
Very powerful in its system and capable of lifting even heavier doors, this strong chamberlain PD752D3/4- Horsepower has been placed on the 6th position. The strength of its motor is absolutely amusing. It has been infused with a special motor with 3/5 HP which is why its strength cannot be challenged. It works with the system of chain drive. One can easily operate it locally with the help of sensors and two remotes. It is durable and inexpensive. The accurate installation of the system of chain drive is assured with the help of its Protector System. It has a restricted lifetime warranty.
Genie 1022-C 1/2-Horsepower DC ChainLift Door Opener
In spite of the cheap rate, this door opener manages to do its job efficiently with its ½ HP motor. It is closely and firmly packed. One can install the system of chain drive easily and quickly. It has been highly extolled both by the manufacturers and users for its outstanding working. A control panel of wall mounted type and a remote is provided to operate this door opener. However, one can buy more remotes to control it from the market. It has 5 years of restricted warranty. Even its parts have a warranty of one whole year.
Chamberlain Power Drive 1/2-HP Door Opener – PD210D
The heaviest doors can easily be carried with the help of this Power Drive PD210D. It has been highly recommended because of its strength as well as silent working. The power of ½ HP motor is exceptionally good. The proper installation of the system of chain drive plays an important role in its quiet working and firmly packed frame. A remote, two sensors and control panel of wall mounted type is provided along this door opener. To make sure that the connections are accurate, this Protector System provides a great deal of help. This door opener has limited six year warranty.
Direct Drive 1042V001 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener
If you are concerned about the amount of the power, pick this door opener in the first place for it is the only door opener which provides more than enough power. Due to its power that makes it carry even the most heavy doors quickly and efficiently. The ¾ HP motor produces exceptional strength to make it work at its best. The kit contains two remotes, two sensors and control panel of wall mounted type . It is absolutely suitable with the Home Link system. It has a restricted lifetime warranty.
Chamberlain Ultra Strong and Quiet Door Opener – WD832KEV
What makes this ultra strong door opener special and better than others is its powerful ½ motor and the flexibility of the belt attached with it. Its noise is controlled with the help of the extremely silent belt system. One does not even realize that some work is taking place in his surrounding. The installation can be done at ease. It barely takes one minute to congregate it. The kit includes two sensors, two remotes and a panel of wall mounted type.
Chamberlain Whisper Drive – WD962KEV
Despite having low price this drive has been awarded first place on the list. From its ½ HP motor strength to its belt system, this door opener really stands out. You can make it lift any kind of door without causing any commotion. Its noise is controlled with the impeccable system of belt drive that abates any sort of noise being produced to a level where a human ear can hardly hear it. The kit comprises two remotes, two sensors and control panel of wall mounted type like other door openers. Its extremely special features include its quite working, lifetime warranty and cheap rate.
Garage Door Openers Buying Guide
The garage is definitely something that everyone needs to have, especially if they have vehicles and/or other useful items that they want to keep safely stored and protected as well. If you already have one, you probably know just how tricky it is to always deal with having to open it without a proper opener. Not only that you will open your garage much easier and smoother with a proper opener, you will also protect everything inside from the moisture. On top of that, you will be much better secured against thieves as well.
There are plenty of different garage openers on the market and it isn’t that easy to buy the right one but, with this guide on, I honestly hope that the process will be much more effective. Let’s jump to the real deal right away!
Types of Garage Door Openers
Although all garage openers are designed to fulfill their main purpose (opening the garage doors quickly and efficiently), not every opener is the same. There are 4 different types of garage openers to choose from and each of them has its own attributes as well as pros and cons. We will dedicate more attention to each of them in the following lines.
- Belt-controlled types: Belt-controlled garage openers are a very popular choice on the market with more and more people deciding to try them out as time goes by. If you wish to go with a solution that will make the least noise out of all 4 different types, this is the one that you should definitely consider. On top of that, they are very powerful as well and they are able to lift some really heavy garage doors too. You can find a great solution here in the range between $200 to $500.
- Chain-controlled types: Chain-controlled garage openers have an integrated chain that is used to pull the garage doors up. This process is known for creating some truly unpleasant noise but if you reside in a more isolated place, it’s not that much of an issue (unless you really can’t stand it yourself). The good news is that these garage openers are very reachable as well and their price is significantly lower than the prices of other types. You can find some great deals for $100 even.
- Computer-controlled types: These garage openers are quite unique. They are not placed on ceilings like the other types but, instead, they are placed above doors. This fact alone implies that computer-controlled garage openers are ideal for people who have small garages and who want an effective solution to open them smoothly. One thing to be aware of is that their price is “astronomical” compared to prices of other types but that is logical as this type is the newest addition to the market (when it comes to garage openers).
- Screw-drive types: Screw-drive garage openers are very similar to belt-controlled types. Even their prices are similar. The only major difference is that screw-drive garage openers use a steel rod to open the garage doors. These openers are also not very noisy so they are good options to consider if you want a peaceful solution that will not “grind” your ears every time you use it. You can find a great screw-drive opener for a price that ranges between $150 and $350.
- The motors: The next vital step is to consider what type of motor your garage opener would have. The motor size is very important as well and it’s determined by 2 crucial factors – the size of your garage door and the speed of the garage opener itself. Huge sizes and speeds will require at least 1/2 horsepower to function properly (possibly even 1/4). In general, though, it is a good idea to always aim for bigger motors as they have more power and they are proven to be much more durable than the smaller ones. If the garage opener is too small for the particular garage doors, it will effectively burn down the motor (regardless of its size).
Lastly, you also need to consider whether you want AC or DC currents for your motor. I definitely recommend going for DC as they are far superior.
- Garage opener safety: Each and every garage opener needs to be designed following the required quality and safety standards before it is even placed on the market. The first basic feature every opener must have is a reverse mechanism. This mechanism is implemented to ensure that the garage doors don’t end up falling and hurting anyone in case something unexpected occurs. They also need to have a laser sensor detector as well. Whenever the laser becomes inactive while the garage doors are lowering, they will immediately rise up automatically. A garage opener also needs to allow people to raise and lower the garage doors on their own as well (if there is no power and/or if the garage opener stops working regularly).
- Garage opener security: No matter what garage opener you think of buying, it needs to have proper security features in order to keep your storage safe. Having a remote control is really handy as you can easily gain access to your garage and prevent the malicious thieves from stealing anything at the same time as well. If you don’t have double garage doors, you would be fine even with single-button remote models. Otherwise, having a remote control with plenty of buttons can never be a bad investment, really. You should also consider installing a keyless entry pad as well. There are plenty of different models that have this unit already integrated but, in some occasions, you will need to spend a few extra bucks to get them on your own. This is another great way to secure your storage properly. With a proper code, you would be the only person in the world who can ever access the garage!
Bonus features: Along with the standard features, a good garage opener needs to have some extra additions that will make it even more effective. Let’s have a look at what bonus features are ideal for your optimal garage opener.
- Battery backup features: Having this set of features can truly be a lifesaver when/if the main power is cut off. Many quality garage openers are equipped with battery backup features and that allows you to use your garage opener even if there is no electricity whatsoever.
- The light additions: Although the lights are not among the standard features when we speak of garage openers, they are definitely the additions that make one’s life so much easier. You no longer need to struggle to open the door(s) of your garage during a dark note, the light additions will help you out with providing a good sight so that you can see what you are doing even when it’s very late and/or if there are no other (street) lights nearby. Having 2 light bulbs is an ideal combination. Just make sure that you are well informed on their maximum and required wattage.
- Fast operation(s): You don’t need to be in a rush in order to enjoy all the commodities of a garage opener that provides fast services. You can only benefit if the garage opener is fast and effective at the same time. The speed, in this case, is only associated with raising of the garage doors, not the lowering part. If you want a fast garage opener, you should get the one that rises between 7 and 14 feet per second.
If you have a garage in your home, you absolutely need to have a garage opener as well. Not only that it will allow you to open the garage doors much faster, it will also provide additional safety to your storage as well. Make sure to prioritize your personal needs, consider how much you are able/willing to pay for a particular garage opener (you should know that each quality garage opener will be more expensive, naturally), get enough information about the garage opener that caught your interest and, finally, find the best place to buy it from. Also, your garage opener needs to provide some additional safety and security concepts. That is a trademark of true quality.
You can buy your garage opener from any nearby retailer but it is a better option to check out the offers from Amazon as they are really massive and you will likely find what you need there for a better price as well.