Are you looking for the Best Garbage Disposer out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Garbage Disposer before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Garbage Disposer that suit your needs.
It’s become well-known that a garbage disposal makes cleaning up after a meal faster and easier. They have become just another part of the kitchen sink because they offer a quick and convenient way of getting rid of leftover food. This popularity, however, has caused the market to be flooded with many different garbage disposal models, which can make it difficult for those not familiar with garbage disposals to choose the best one for them. We are here to make your life a little easier by offering the following list of the top 10 garbage disposals.
Latest Best Garbage Disposer
Last update on 2020-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Commodore CD-5100 0.5 HP Economy Food Waste Disposal
One of the best garbage disposal models currently available in today’s market, the CD-5100 0.5 HP Economy Food Waste Disposal by Commodore is of a very high quality. Its most notable feature is its innovative BioShield, which is a bacteria-resistant plastic that covers all components that will touch the food, making the unit sanitary and odor free by preventing the buildup of microorganisms within the grinder. The grinder itself is a Torque Master unit, which means that its armature, turntable, and impellers, are all incredibly well-balanced for quiet, smooth operation while providing maximum power for the quick and efficient breaking down of food.
General Electric GFC520V Food Waste Disposal
Are you looking for a garbage disposal that won’t take up much space in your already crowded kitchen, but still has enough power to get the job done? If so, then the General Electric GFC520V Food waste disposal is for you. Measuring 12.5 by 5.5 inches and sporting a high performance electric motor that has half a horsepower, this garbage disposal unit is the obvious choice when it comes to saving space without sacrificing reliability. The grinder spins at 2,800RPM and features 2 stainless steel blades that swivel, ensuring the unit’s power and performance and preventing it from ever becoming jammed. The GFC520V Food Waste Disposal is undoubtedly one of the best garbage disposal models out there—a really great deal!
InSinkErator CNTR333 Contractor 333 0.75 HP Garbage Disposal
Made by a company that has earned a reputation for producing high-quality garbage disposals over the course of the last decade, the CNTR333 unit by InSinkErator offers many benefits to users. With its powerful 0.75 horsepower motor, its quality, reliability, and performance make it one of the best models from this popular brand. It requires no experience or expertise to install, and comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. InSinkErator will even send someone to pick it up.
KitchenAid KCDB250G 0.5 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
The KCDB250G Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal by KitchenAid is among the most widely used and the most trusted garbage disposals on the market today, and has many positive reviews to prove it. Its powerful electric motor boasts half a horsepower and spins at 1,725RPM, making garbage disposal easy, fast, and effective. Its most notable feature is that it can be fed continuously, even without its cover, which makes cleaning up after a meal a breeze. And, if it ever does become overloaded, it can be reset with the push of a button.
InSinkErator Evolution Compact 0.75HP Household Garbage Disposal
In another contribution to our list of the top 10 best reviewed garbage disposals by InSinkErator, the Evolution Compact 0.75HP Household Garbage Disposal stands out as one of the quietest garbage disposals out there, featuring innovative SoundSeal sound reduction technology and well-balanced components that cut down on vibrations. Its advanced, 2-stage grinding process makes quick work of the most difficult jobs—the ones that lesser quality models just wouldn’t be able to handle. Its large, 34.6oz grinding chamber, durable, stainless steel blades, and powerful 0.75HP electric motor ensure its performance and reliability. The InSinkErator Evolution Compact 0.75HP Household Garbage Disposal comes backed up by a 4year money-back guarantee; they’ll even come pick it up for you.
Waste King L-2600 Legend Series 0.5 HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposal
This garbage disposal is one of the best available on today’s market because of its ability the handle a large volume of waste quickly and easily while still allowing you to save space. It features blades that swivel to prevent jams and a powerful, heavy-duty 1/2 horsepower electric motor that spins a 2,600RPM—all housed in a small, compact design. This garbage disposal also features blades and other internal components that are made from stainless steel to make them resistant to rust and corrosion, innovative sound reduction technology, a detachable food guard to prevent splashing, and a long, 36-inch power cord. This high-quality garbage disposal by Waste King will get the job done.
InSinkErator Badger 5 0.5 HP Disposal
In yet another contribution to our list of the top 10 best reviewed garbage disposals by InSinkErator, the Badger 5 0.5HP Garbage Disposal is among the most highly-reviewed and highly recommended garbage disposal units that are currently available in today’s market. It has the approval of professional plumbers because of its high performance and quality, yet can be bought at a low cost—truly a great deal! It features a durable, 0.5 horsepower electric motor, which is fast and efficient, making quick work of bones, seeds, Buffalo wings, banana peels—virtually anything you can throw at it. With its compact, durable design, stainless steel blades and other components, and quick and easy set-up and installation, the 0.5HP Badger 5 garbage disposal by InSinkErator is one of the best of the best, sure to become one of your favorite kitchen accessories.
Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal
In a second contribution to our list of the top 10 best garbage disposals by Waste King, the L-8000 Garbage Disposal is one of the most popular garbage disposals that are currently available in today’s market. Its high-powered, heavy-duty 1HP electric motor guarantees that it will get the job done and keep doing so year after year. This is not your average electric motor; capable of producing upwards of 2,800 RPM, its blades and other internal components are made out of stainless steel, which prevent it from ever rusting and can handle anything you throw at it without ever jamming. It is a great value for anyone who is in the market for a reliable garbage disposal, as is shown by the many good reviews that it has received.
InSinkErator Evolution Excel Garbage Disposer
In yet another contribution to our list of the top 10 best reviewed garbage disposals by InSinkErator, the evolution Excel is among the best of the garbage disposal models that are currently available on today’s market. It features a heavy-duty 1HP electric motor, a 40oz grinding chamber with durable, stainless steel blades and a 3-stage process that can handle anything you throw at it without ever jamming, and innovative sound-insolating technology that ensures much quieter operation than other models on the market—this garage disposal gets the job done quickly, quietly, and efficiently, making it very popular the world over. InSinkErator covers the Evolution Excel with a 100% limited money-back guarantee, and, as always, they’ll come pick it up for you.
InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposal
Topping our list of the top 10 best reviewed garbage disposals is yet another contribution by InSinkErator, which testifies to the fact that this company is dedicated to producing quality, high-performance garbage disposal models. This particular one is specifically designed for septic tanks, featuring a heavy-duty 0.75HP electric motor with stainless steel components and a 2-stage grinding system that effortlessly makes quick work of even the toughest foods. It also features innovative sound insolating technology that makes it up to 40% quieter than conventional garbage disposals, which means that it is ideal for household use. With an easy and quick installation process and an orange-scented anti-bacterial coating, this garbage disposal has received an incredible amount of positive reviews from satisfied users. And, as usual, InSinkErator backs it up with a 100% money-back guarantee and will come pick it up by themselves.
Best Garbage Disposal Buying Guide
Garbage disposal set is an extremely helpful addition to standard cooking equipment. Washing and cleaning the food remaining can be very tiring and exhausting, but a garbage disposal system or sometimes called garbage disposers can does all that job for you. You just need to push the button and voila!
As it goes with everything, there are both good sides and bad sides of using the garbage disposals. The level of garbage that can potentially be absorbed by the landfill is minimized, but the downside is that during this process you need to waste a lot of time, energy, and water as well. Another bad side is that things like septic hallway systems and/or sewage treatment plants can be strained. On the other hand, food remaining are easily decomposed, and when that is not the case, a disposer is used.
Garbage disposals can come in 2 basic forms: batch-feed garbage disposals and continuous-feed garbage disposals.
Batch-feed garbage disposals
This type of garbage disposals functions only when both the unit and the lid are active at the same time. Batch-feed disposal sets are perfectly suitable for homes, including the ones that have many children, as they will not be turned on if something accidentally gets thrown into the unit itself. The price is not so reachable, but it is well worth the money. It is much quieter during the disposal process than the continuous-feed garbage disposal and there are some handy additional features as well.
Continuous-feed garbage disposals
These disposals are controlled by the unique wall switches, and they function very basically – they will keep running from the same moment when they turned on until the time when you decide to turn them off. I would recommend getting these disposal sets if you regularly deal with huge amount of waste, as you can get put a huge chunk of it inside and you will not need to wait for the disposals to be full before turning them on.
There are several manufacturers available in the US and also several different brands as well. InSinkErator is a company that stands out on the market, and the brands I would recommend are Kenmore and Waste King. The prices vary quite a bit, so you can find a garbage disposal that will suit you well for around $50, but you can also find those high-quality luxury solutions for as high as $600 as well. You need to choose the one that suits your needs the most and where you are able to pay for it as well.
How to Pick a Disposer that Suits You
To have a better overview and a clearer picture of what to expect, I have compiled a list of several different models over here and you can see some of the features that are provided there, as well as some good and bad sides as well (with some additional research). You need to know what your actual needs are, but some factors are very critical to think about as well. Let’s list a few of them:
- Batch-feed garbage disposal or continuous-feed garbage disposal? – This is perhaps the most critical choice, and it is solely based on personal needs and preferences. Continuous-feed disposals are better when you have a lot of junk all the time, but batch-feed disposals add that additional layer of safety that makes them a viable choice as well. If this is your concern, go for the batch-feed disposer.
- Grinding – I can pretty much say that the more grinding there is, the better the junk will be deposited off the “common reach”. Again, a critical choice, but it comes to down to what type of waste you are actually dealing with here.
- Level of noise – It can be quite disturbing, even frustrating when your garbage disposal set is too noisy. While some people might say it is needed, I would certainly recommend checking out this parameter before purchasing the model of your choice.
- Additional factors – There are some additional things that need to be considered, and some of them include the price (the most obvious one), capacity to remove waste, and the size as well. All of these should be considered before making your final decision.
What the best garbage disposal has
- Enough power – No matter how much waste you will need to get rid of, your ideal garbage disposer needs to have enough power to deal with the biggest possible amount. There are no exceptions here; this is the prime definition of quality.
- Easy installation – Your garbage disposal needs to be as simple to handle as possible. Most of them are, but still, you don’t want over-complicated models or the models where you don’t even know how to set them up properly.
- Quiet operation – This is something that I already addressed previously, but you certainly don’t want the models that are too noisy and that are disturbing you in other activities. If a disposal set is extremely noisy, that is usually one of the first indications of low-quality design. Keep that in mind!
- Quality materials – And now we come to this issue again. You want your garbage disposal to be made exclusively from stainless steel. Any other material is very questionable and many different tests have concluded that stainless steel disposers have the highest durability.
- Solid reliability – If there is a problem with a disposal set, it tends to create sinks and cause significant water issues as well, so stability is the key here, as you don’t want to have a complete mess being created as a result of (even temporary) malfunctioning.
Buying Garbage Disposal tactics and strategies
There are some major things to consider here:
- Make sure that the warranty is fully clear to you. What falls in it, how can you lose it in the meantime, what does it include, etc….those are only some of the issues where you need a full understand before making a purchase.
- If you need to replace your garbage disposal, always make sure to choose the same type and the same model. Some models have more than one mounting system (some of the Waste King models, for example), so it is very handy to have a “direct” and “exact” replacement for it.
- Timing is also very critical. In order to save your money as much as you can, you may want to buy your disposer during discount periods (holidays are a regular and perfect occasion for that). Sometimes it is even better to pick your timing after the holidays end. Get to know the prices and the overall situation well, and you will be able to profit here.
Garbage Disposal Do’s & Don’ts
Some things are highly preferred to be done, while some others I do not recommend, and in fact, it is sometimes even dangerous for them to be done. I will list each of these separately.
Things to Do
- Make sure to keep your disposer fresh and clean it regularly.
- Small bones should be grinded into the chamber.
- Make sure to get cold water going before and after dealing with your garbage disposer. Letting the water go during the process is highly recommendable as well.
- Make sure that the sink is entirely clean before you turn your garbage disposal on.
Things to Avoid
- Grease, fat, and similar substances shouldn’t come in contact with the disposer at all.
- Some types of junk (tobacco remaining, for example) are not suitable if there is a septic tank out there.
- Standard disposal sets aren’t suitable for dealing with large chunks of junk, so things like corn husks and/or celery aren’t suitable here. High-end disposers don’t have this type of problem.
- Don’t use any hot water at all, especially if your disposer is still active.
Garbage Disposal Features
- Quiet Operation: The more expensive models (pretty much all of them) usually work very quietly and they will not disrupt any of your other regular activities. Some of them also have additions and/or various filters to limit the sound vibrations as well.
- Dishwasher Connector: Many models have full support for dishwashers and they can all be connected to it. Removing your food waste is thus easier than ever before.
- Stainless steel as an exclusive material: This is a standard material being used to develop and make garbage disposal sets in the first place. Grind chambers and very vital parts of disposers are also no exception. It makes them last much longer, and it also tends to prevent corrosion pretty well.
- Anti-jamming protection: A vast majority of different garbage disposal sets come pre-packed with an anti-jamming protection system. No matter how it is implemented (whether it has a button or some other mechanism), the key objective is the same – the disposing process needs to be fluid and the risk of jamming should be as minimal as possible.
If you wish to get a garbage disposal set, you absolutely need to get enough information before making the final purchase. You need to understand your personal needs as well. As long as you are satisfied with basic features don’t look for high-end expensive solutions. Do so only if some of the things that I previously mentioned aren’t fulfilled. Getting the right disposal solution will make it last long, but you will also be a happy user. That is what matters the most in the end.