Are you looking for the Best Gas Grills out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Gas Grills before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Gas Grills that suit your needs.
What if you get a call from your friends that they coming with the mood of grilling at your place today? How would you entertain them with your grilling skills? What matters the most? Yes, you are right it’s a good quality grill that will put forward your excellent grilling skills in front of your friends. In fact you don’t have to worry about the choice of a good quality grill for we are putting a list of top 10 gas grill reviews below to make you go for the best one in the blink of an eye. It is worth reading.
Latest Gas Grills
Last update on 2020-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Char-Broil 26,500 BTU 2-Burner Gas Grill, 280-Square
Easy to clean and easy to operate this grill stands on number 10. It presents to you the cooking grates that are coated with a white ceramic material which makes its cleansing an easy task. By keeping a steady temperature, the meat browning is done at its best with the help of this grill. These grates are rust resistible if the entire coating does not cut off. The temperature can be carefully checked with the help of the thermometer attached with it which makes grilling more convenient.
Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE
This is indeed an efficient grill and well suited to those who want to get their grilling done in relatively short time. It brings with itself flavorizer bars that helps in maintaining the original taste of the food and also adds some juicy flavors to food as well. It has been structured with the porcelain and enamel with stainless steel handles that helps to support the thermometer attached with it. The propane tanks are not given along the grill instead you can buy them individually. It also contains 6 hooks which prove to be helpful if you want to suspend some items on them during cooking.
Big Gas 3 Burner Grill Black/Red
With a much crafty and modern design, this grill takes the 7th position. It is one portable grill which can be assembled at ease. Its durability cannot be challenged. Three powerful burners can supply the gas of Thirty thousand BTUs. It has been modeled in such a way that it can possibly resist the weather conditions. The lid consists of an outlet for air.
Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Comprising a large volume for grilling and many advantages , this grill takes 6th spot on the list. This grill has been accompanied by two wheels at its bottom so you can move it anywhere at ease. It also brings with itself two shelves which prove to be very useful during grilling. A thermometer is being adjusted in the center to check the temperature while grilling. The size of the lid is pretty large. It is the best grill if one has to grill for a large number of people.
Dyna-Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grills, 2-Burner
This grill consists of 547 square inches of working space with a large number of items included in the set. Its frame has been made out of materials that ensure its durability. It is indeed long-lasting. This has a gas supply of Thirty thousand BTUs which assures efficient grilling. The set comprises2 burners with stainless steel, two cooking grates coated with enamel and two flame tamers. Despite having so many advantages this grill is available at reasonable price in the markets.
Char-Broil 36,000 BTU 3-Burner Gas Grill, 522-Square
This is indeed a very useful grill for it has been divided into two compartments. One is said to be rack area for warming of the grill and second one is for cooking food. The burners of stainless steel are connected with the ignition control system capable of providing gas up to thirty six thousand BTUs and thus ensure an outstanding result.This has a working area of 522 square inches with porcelain cooking grates that can keep the possession of the heat while grilling. These grills are absolutely reliable and their cleansing take relatively less time.
Char-Broil K6B 6-Burner 65,000 BTU Propane Gas
Having a really sturdy frame and more than enough durability, this grill is included in top 3. The solid structure of this grill allows the user to grill at a very high temperature without causing any damage and ensuring safety. It has the capability to supply the gas of 65,000 BTUs. The set includes a large number of items such as two working tables with a propane cylinder of 14.1 and 16.1 ounce. The cylinder is given along in exceptional cases to the buyers. Most of the times you have to buy the cylinder individually.
Weber Genesis 6511001 E-310 637-Square-Inch 38,000-BTU Liquid-Propane Gas
Supplying gas of up to 38,000 BTUs per hour, this powerful grill takes the second spot on the list. Its working is extraordinary. The hardcore burners have the capability to work in flexible ways spreading its heat everywhere on the working zone. Its color scheme is absolutely gorgeous. It enhances the beauty of the space where you put it. It is absolutely resistant to high temperatures ensuring its reliability.
Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Having the capability of producing 26,500 BTU / hour and with the working area of 360 square inch, this weber 4110001 grill totally stands out. It consists of an additional warming area of 90 square inch. The cooking box has been structured with silver, ductile metal known as aluminum that contains solid cooking grates and the system for grease management. It also consists of two metallic tubes known as burner tubes. This grill endorses grilling for large families.
Weber 586002 Q 320 Portable 393-Square-Inch 21700-BTU Liquid Propane
This grill has been created with silver, ductile aluminum metal with a touch of nylon in its structure. It leaves every other grill behind with its versatility. For once, you don’t have to think about the food being grilled since it can grill all sorts of things. This has a working zone of 393 sq. inch with the gas supply of 21,700 BTUS per hour. The cooking grates have been coated with an opaque glossy substance with the help of vitrification. It consists of variable burner valve, pan for catching liquid waste and 2 burners of stainless steel. Ignition control system is also present inside it.
Having read the reviews about the top 10 grills, I am sure picking the best one is no longer a problem for you. Go for the most masterly constructed grill and make adventurous grilling.
Gas Grill Buying Guide
Getting the right gas grill is extremely tricky. With so many different factors playing a major role, even a knowledgeable person may end up being totally clueless, let alone a complete beginner! It is definitely needed to have a guide for this sort of thing and that is where I found a motivation to write this guide as well. So, if you are looking for tips on how to get the best gas grill for yourself – you’ve come to a good place!
There is a bunch of things to consider so I will try to divide all that into several categories. Alright, let us begin!
General things to consider when shopping for a grill
- Consider the number of burners that your gas grill will have. It is one of the most important things to look out for. 3 burners (and above) is what I would recommend, although, you will likely be just fine with 2 as well.
- The materials used in production should be porcelain or stainless steel exclusively.
- Always strive for longevity and productivity.
- Pay attention to the materials as well. Stainless steel, cast iron, cast aluminum, and enamel-bonded steel should be your ideal picks. It is known that materials like aluminum and stainless steel are highly resistant and will not rust so easily. They might lose some of their shiny colors as time goes by but that’s another story.
- Always make sure that your gas grill has legs that are sturdy.
- Make sure to either get a grill that has an infrared burner or a charcoal grill if you are planning to use your gas grill for frequent grilling of steaks.
- Consider the distance between the burners and the grates, because a smaller distance will also increase the frequency of flare-up events.
- The rung wideness is supposed to be around 1/4 inches so that the cleaning is easy and smooth but to prevent the food from going through them as well.
- Pay attention to the size of the grill’s handle as well. You can easily get yourself burned and/or injured if the handle is not big enough. Try to see if you can touch the lid surface while trying to remove the cover for example. If that is the case, do not buy that particular grill!
An ideal size
That depends on several different factors. Think of the number of people that you will be preparing this food for, the size of the environment where you plan to keep the grill and the footprint as well. Based on my own personal experience, I would say that 10 x 10 inches (100 square inches) for each individual person is an optimal size.
The price is extremely important to consider as well. There is a whole range of different gas grills and each of them provides different individual features which results in different prices as well. You would be able to get many grills for less than $200, although, I think that the price range between $200 and $400 is the optimal one. Try to find a solution that fits these values.
Another thing that I really need to note is that an expensive gas grill doesn’t mean that it is also a high-quality one. Many practical tests have concluded that for example, a gas grill that costs $1000 very often doesn’t perform better than a grill that sits at $400 for example. You always need to be careful before buying any gas grill and you should try to get as many information as possible. Try to Google a bit as well, try to find some customer reviews and study them in-depth. You will often be very surprised with the end results but you will also be much better prepared for any potential purchase.
Flexibility is a huge upside of pretty much every gas grill. There isn’t a whole lot that you need to do in order to use it effectively, just turn on the switch and watch it grill your favorite food in no time!
The downside, however, is that the maximum temperature is always lower than the ones provided by a charcoal grill. For foods like steak, you will need to buy some additional things (infrared or sear burners) in order to grill them properly.
The most important things to consider before buying a gas grill are:
- Get a grill that has either brass burners or stainless burners in order to prevent them from burning out too quickly and to prevent rusting.
- Always be sure that your gas grill is fully stable and that it is sturdy enough as well.
- Think of the size of your grill as well. Take many factors into consideration (number of people, the environment, the cooking surface, etc.).
- Make sure that you get your warranty as well and also make sure that it meets the required longevity (5 to 10 years).
Charcoal Grill Buying Guide
Compared to classic gas grills, these grills give out higher temperatures and require more preparation in order for the job to be done effectively. If you don’t mind that and/or if you like the good old flavor of charcoal – these grills are made for you.
Before buying your charcoal grill, consider the following:
- Your charcoal grill needs to have dampers and lids that are tight enough so that you can open them (and close them) whenever you want without any issue.
- Sometimes it’s really hard to install these grills so make sure that you have a user manual and that the instructions provided there are easy to understand.
- Just like with gas grills, consider the overall size of your charcoal set and take at least several important things into consideration (the same things that I already mentioned twice).
- It would also be great for your charcoal grill to have some features that make the life much easier. For example – locking wheels, additional burners, side tables, etc.
Electric Grill Buying Guide
Perhaps not as ideal for huge environments but for smaller places these grills are a blast. You will often need to make your meat look more “smoky” on your own but the look of it will be absolutely awesome and the taste even better!
As I said, they are not practical for huge places, but if you live in a small house or a small apartment as well, these are ideal solutions for you! They are small yet they give out a lot and they are also able to generate plenty of heat pretty smoothly.
Some things to check out before buying one electric grill for you are as follows:
- The number of watts should be between 1000 and 1500. Don’t go for smaller values because your meat will miss the traditional grill markings on it.
- Make sure that the spacing between the ridges is appropriate and that it goes all over the surface.
- The size is once again very important. Electric grills typically don’t consume a lot so make sure to get one that will be able to fulfill this standard.
- You should make sure that the drip pan of your electric grill is big enough to prevent the melted fats from dropping off onto the surrounding surface. I also suggest using the aluminum foil for additional “safety” in this regard.
Natural gas vs. propane
Propane is basically the #1 solution for all movable gas grills due to their availability and the fact that it is free. Natural gas, on the other hand, will cost you less but it will require a particular and difficult gas line setup. I would personally suggest sticking to propane but if you intend to use natural gas instead, make sure that you have the minimal standards fulfilled.
The bodies can be made from a variety of different materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, and iron (the most common ones). It is extremely important to consider what material you want your grill body to be made of. I can safely say that aluminum is the best option. It’s not particularly heavy, it is able to withstand rust and it preserves the original colors even after a very long time period. Another good alternative is stainless steel, but I must note that it only pays off if the steel covers the complete body. In many practical examples this is not the case so pay attention before making any sort of purchase!
Just like the body, the cooking surface can also be made from many different materials (to list out just a few – porcelain, iron, and stainless steel). Although I would advise taking either a surface made of stainless steel or porcelain, I can conclude that pretty much every material will be a good solution in the long run. The key to a good longevity is a good general care of the surface. The longer you maintain it properly, the longer the surface will last.
Prices are very important to consider as you should certainly invest some money in order to get a quality solution but you shouldn’t go too far and spend thousands just so that you can buy a grill with features that are not needed. The prices can range from $150 to $1000 or even more.
Make sure to have an established budget and that you know how much you are able and willing to spend for a particular gas grill. You can always use the internet for additional resources and for some user experiences as well.
Models from companies like Weber Genesis are top-notch when it comes to quality but they are also the most expensive solutions that are not really needed by everyone. Generally, I believe that a gas grill that ranges between $300 and $500 when it comes to pricing is the optimal solution for most common needs.
Although you will hardly end up buying a gas grill without one, make sure that you do have a warranty and that it is as long as possible. You don’t want to have to buy another grill or pay for the repairs in case they happen quickly after the purchase!
I mentioned this several times already but it’s worth repeating. There are several important things to look for in this regard
- Consider the environment where the grill will be used and make sure that it’s not too small. For one regular family, space shouldn’t be less than 300 square inches.
- Another important thing is the actual food space. It needs to be big enough that you can grill many types of food (of course that includes everyone’s favorite turkey as well!).
- Double check and make sure that there is a sufficient number of grills that comes along with the grill. You don’t want a nasty surprise when you get home!
- Consider the number of people that will eat this food as well. Usually, the bigger number of people will automatically imply that you need a bigger size of the grill as well.
The heat output
This is a parameter that needs to go hand-in-hand with the size. It is measured in a unit called BTU. So, a general rule is that the smaller grills require a smaller number of BTU as well while the big ones should have bigger values. A smaller value of BTU means that the grilling process will be slower as well but it is needed in order to avoid balance issues.
The material of your burners is important to consider. I would recommend getting a grill that has burners made from aluminum, brass, iron, or stainless steel.
There are two different ignition systems to consider:
- The push button ignition system (it creates a spark).
- The electronic ignition system (it needs batteries as a power source).
I would certainly recommend getting a grill with an electronic ignition system as it is more convenient, more stable, and it’s just easier to use.
Care and management
It is true that the quality of your gas grill is very important when it comes to longevity but the way you care for it and the way you treat it can extend it even further. Regardless of what kind of gas grill you have, you need to wash and clean it properly and you should also always store it appropriately as well. These “quality of life” actions certainly matter in the long run!
Along with the standard features, there is a list of some additional (yet amazing) features to have as well. Let us take a look into them:
- Side tables – Although there is usually plenty of space around, side tables are quite handy to have as they might add that little bonus if it’s needed.
- Rotisseries – These features are great for any type of food that requires a long and tiresome grilling.
- Side burners – With these features on, you will be able to prepare plenty of extra food without having to call off the grilling of the main food for that to happen.
- Carts – These features will make the moving of your gas grill so much easier.
And we came to the very end. I honestly hope that this article was helpful and that you learned a lot from it. Feel free to comment, share, or subscribe for other articles as well!