Are you looking for the Best Leather Motorcycle Jacket out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Leather Motorcycle Jacket before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Leather Motorcycle Jacket that suit your needs.
Motorcyclists love touring extensive trips riding on their wonderful motorcycles irrespective of the uneven roads and unpredictable weather. Leather motorcycle jackets are indispensable items for motorcyclists to guard their skin and body from skin nicking or injuries. Motorcyclists feel secure with this accessory since it assists to guard them from rainfall, sunshine or accidents and their skin against UV. These jackets don’t get damaged easily and provide fantastic protection to your body. The leather jackets can be worn by either women or men with a range of styles, colors and sizes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Joe Rocket Classic ’92 Men’s Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- 2 Xelement B7203 Mens Retro Brown Premium Speedster
- 3 Xelement B7496 Mens Retro Brown Bandit Buffalo
- 4 Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company Men’s Crazy Horse Jacket
- 5 Milwaukee Men’s Utility Pocket Motorcycle Leather
- 6 Joe Rocket Mens Classic ’92 Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- 7 Xelement XS-1550- Mens Venture Armored Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- 8 Xelement B7244 Mens Retro Brown Premium Buffalo
- 9 STREET & STEEL Iron Age Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- 10 Joe Rocket Classic ’92 Women’s Leather Motorcycle
- 11 Leather Motorcycle Jacket Buying Guide
Joe Rocket Classic ’92 Men’s Leather Motorcycle Jacket
Joe Rocket presents the medium sized Classic Jacket made from cowhide. Men who adore riding motorcycles in their leisure time now get their ultimate style accessory. It is designed to provide a comfort fit to the user with stitching from 1.0 up to 1.2 mm and drum dyed. It has got four outside utility pockets and two internal utility pockets plus a sleeve lining with quilted zip-in complete sleeve liner for ease of motorcyclists. You may select from black or white colors. This jacket protects the body of the motorcyclists from harm.
Xelement B7203 Mens Retro Brown Premium Speedster
B7203 is the premium Retro jacket from Xelement. It comes in brown leather along with a detachable zip outlining so that motorcyclists can easily remove it off. It is made from dyed leather so as to confer it a vintage style appearance. This jacket has special features such as lining, mesh, two snap button internal pockets, zippered webbed cuffs, two vents at lower back (zippered), zipper closure in the front, padded elbows, lower back (padded) and two front pockets (zippered). These unique features give the motorcyclist’s confidence of safety while protecting them perfectly.
Xelement B7496 Mens Retro Brown Bandit Buffalo
The B7496 made from premium brown leather is introduced by Xelement. The leather is dyed brown with a Level-III Armor. It creates a vintage style appearance. This jacket has various features such as full ventilation, zip closure (front), polyester mesh (non-removable), inner quilted liner made from polyester (insulating) in the full sleeve, air vents (zipper) at the back – 2 numbers and air vents on the front upper hand. This jacket provides ultimate protection to the rider.
Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company Men’s Crazy Horse Jacket
Milwaukee presents its premium stylish Men’s crazy horse jacket. The finish is granted in distressed full grain cowhide leather. It is available in big size. It has an internal pocket to keep the mobile phone or Tab, YKK zipper (heavy duty), vest liner (detachable / fully lined), air vents – two in front and two at the back. It does not irritate the wearer and it is the perfect choice to protect and prevent motorcyclists.
Milwaukee Men’s Utility Pocket Motorcycle Leather
Milwaukee brings one more blockbuster, the Men’s Utility Pocket Motorcycle Jacket. It is made from premium brown leather and comes in medium sizes. The leather is 1.2mm to 1.3mm and has been tailored to perfection. As its name suggests, it has a number of utility pockets to grant maximum storage – two in front and two lower ones to store stuff like a camera or phone. Ammo along with a weapon can be stored in a special concealed pocket. Other special features are thermal liner – full sleeve zip out, size tabs (buckled for adjustments) and large front and rear vents in the pockets (for best ventilation). These features remove humidity and heat and gives comfort to the user. This does not irritate the user and is the perfect option to protect and prevent motorbike riders.
Joe Rocket Mens Classic ’92 Leather Motorcycle Jacket
Joe Rocket Classic presents the Classic ’92 Jacket made especially for males who in their leisure adore driving their bike. It is available in a large size in cream / brown colors. It uses premium cowhide leather 1.0mm – 1.2 mm and drum dyed. It is tailored to give a relaxed fit. Six utility pockets – 2 inside and 4 inside are provided for convenience. The jacket is equipped with complete sleeve liner (quilted) and number of pockets for armor (optional) at elbows, back and shoulders.
Xelement XS-1550- Mens Venture Armored Leather Motorcycle Jacket
Xelement presents the XS-1550 a jacket especially for men who would like to keep and carry a weapon. It is made using high grade leather that is both soft and thick. It has a detachable armor level-3 on shoulders and elbow. An inbuilt left side pocket for gun holster and provided with a snap-button can be utilized for keeping a gun for defending and securing the motorcyclist. Now riders can ride to unknown and long destinations with added security. The pockets can store other things and not just restricted for a gun.
Xelement B7244 Mens Retro Brown Premium Buffalo
The Xelement B7244 is a distinct jacket made for men and available in extra large size. One of its most notable features is a slogan printed on its back “Live to Ride, Ride to Live”. It is made from high-grade brown distressed leather along with an Armor of Level-3. At a first glance, it gives a vintage style appearance. Special features include zipper closure (front), detachable vest liner (polyester quilted) and mesh lining (non-detachable). This jacket gives the motorcyclist, confidence and security while protecting them adequately.
STREET & STEEL Iron Age Leather Motorcycle Jacket
This great durable Motorcycle jacket is presented by STREET And STEEL. It is made from premium leather that is resistant to abrasion, water and wind. Motorcyclists can now travel during rainfall and high winds without getting injured. Special features of this jacket are reflective trim (for , cuffs lined with corduroy, back pad (detachable), pant attachment (LOOP’DTM), antique trim made from brass, face shield internal pocket and loop (kill switch). Sufficient ventilation is granted for user-comfort.
Joe Rocket Classic ’92 Women’s Leather Motorcycle
Joe Rocket offers the Classic’92 jacket especially for women. It is available in a large size in cream / brown shades. It is made using premium cowhide leather in 1.0 mm – 1.2 mm and drum dyed. It is tailored to a relaxed fit. Tailor has provided 9 utility pockets – 5 internal and 4 external for user convenience. Further optional shoulder pockets are provided at back and shoulder. It features a quilted liner along the full sleeve (zip-in). This jacket protects the motorcyclist from mishaps.
Leather Motorcycle Jacket Buying Guide
Motorcycle riders are exposed to constant dangers when driving their “precious toys” and they need much more protection than car drivers. Buying an appropriate motorcycle jacket isn’t really something that many people very fondly look forward to but it is an absolute must in order to provide the needed safety. The safety gear includes more things as well but a jacket is a very basic (starting) element.
There are many different motorcycle jackets available on the market and it’s not that easy to choose the best one. That is where this guide jumps in and, if you follow the next lines closely, you will get all the needed information that will help you out not only to choose the best motorcycle jacket for you personally but it will also help you find the best offer as well.
Getting the proper motorcycle jacket
If you wish to buy a good motorcycle jacket, you will certainly need to invest some money to buy it. Even the more “basic” designer motorcycle jackets provide a very good protection and a great quality as well. But, if you want even more out of your jacket, the market is filled with various protective motorcycle jackets that are crafted with great care and that provide the highest level of protection that one driver can get. And the fact that you can even find models that come up with integrated airbag systems adds even more spices to the cause!
As we wrote in the intro paragraph, every motorcycle driver is constantly exposed to road dangers while driving the motorbike as he/she doesn’t have any protection by default (like the car drivers, for example). That is why the protection factor is absolutely the single most important factor that each driver should consider when buying a motorcycle jacket. While simple paddings will do their job up to a certain degree, the real protection comes from sufficiently armored backs, shoulders, chests, and elbows. Highly vulnerable spots should preferably be covered with a Kevlar or some other heavy plastic. If the particular motorcycle jacket has no cover of this sort or if you notice that you can move it around too easily, that jacket is not what you are looking for and you can discard it immediately.
The airbag feature provides the biggest protection in general and my recommendation is to go for these regardless of their (high) price. They work in a way that they provide instant protection by inflating themselves automatically whenever you are about to crash and whenever you are ejected from your motorcycle. This mechanism is triggered by a simple ripcord. Whenever you sit on your bike and are ready to start driving, you just need to attach this ripcord to your motorcycle so that the airbag can appropriately protect when/if it is needed at some point. These jackets come with a very high price but, as your personal safety is the most important thing in the world, they are worth every penny.
You also may want to consider getting some reflectors so that other drivers would be able to detect you more easily, especially during the night and in other circumstances when the visibility is slightly lowered.
The Leather Motorcycle Jacket materials
There are 3 basic materials that motorcycle jackets are made from and we will cover them briefly in the following lines.
- Denim – this material provides an exceptional longevity and it works perfectly even in the harshest conditions. On top of providing a decent level of protection, it has enough room to allow the driver’s skin to “breathe” properly so it prevents excessive sweating as well. The downside is that, due to a bad insulation, it is not an ideal solution for cold winter months.
- Leather – this is the most convenient material that you can get and it provides a really good protection in this case as well. However, opposite to denim, it doesn’t have plenty of room to allow your skin to breathe properly which is why it is only a good option for winter months and in summer it may cause skin issues if you are all sweaty too often.
- Textile – This is the material that is very light in comparison to the previous 2 materials. That comes from the fact that it is crafted by using a combination of polyester and nylon. Just like denim, it is a great choice during the summer months but it should be avoided during the winter season (for the exact same reasons mentioned above).
You can also combine these materials to create a motorcycle jacket that will be perfectly suitable in all conditions during the year.
Types Leather Motorcycle Jacket
There are several types of motorcycle jackets available on the market and each of them has unique attributes to it. We will describe all of them in the following lines.
- Classic – These motorcycle jackets offer virtually no armor protection whatsoever and their main focus is primarily on the visual aspects.
- Race – As you may figure out just by looking at the name, these jackets offer the highest level of protection and they are crafted carefully so that they can be used in the harshest circumstances. On top of that, they also have very nice visual designs as well.
- Rain – These jackets are specifically designed to be waterproof and should only be used in combination with (at least) one more jacket as they offer no protection at all. But, in order to prevent yourself from getting all wet during a ride in the rainy days, this kind of jacket is a must.
- Retro – This type of motorcycle jackets has quite a modern design but also some retro vintage patches and visuals to mix all that up (hence the name “retro”). Speaking of protection, it can vary quite a bit. It can literally be non-existent completely but, on the other hand, you can also end up getting a retro jacket with a maximum protection. Always make sure to check each of these motorcycle jackets individually before buying them.
- Sport – These jackets are very similar to the racing ones and they share many common traits with the exception of aerodynamic features and visuals. In general, these jackets are also a great choice for the more “extreme” circumstances.
- Touring – The primary focus of these jackets is the overall comfort. They have a very sleek design that supports the good feeling you should have while wearing them. But, when it comes to protection, it varies a lot just like the retro jackets. You need to investigate carefully before buying a particular model.
- Traditional – The traditional motorcycle jackets are as casual as they can be. They don’t offer any handsome visuals and their protection is virtually non-existent. So, in general, these jackets are only suitable for people that want something to wear while driving their bikes without worrying about other details. But, since we mentioned that the main priority should be always your personal protection, you should absolutely discard these jackets and choose one of the types above.
In order to get your ideal type, make sure to determine what your actual needs are and what your driving habits are. How much you really need? This is a question you need to ask yourself as well before proceeding with the purchasing part. If you are a more casual driver, your best bet is probably a touring motorcycle jacket. Otherwise, if you are very serious about it and want top protection, choose either a sport jacket or a race jacket.
Important factors to consider which purchasing Leather Motorcycle Jacket
Before buying any motorcycle jacket, you need to consider a basic set of factors before actually landing your money. Let’s dedicate a bit more attention to that.
- The size: This is the first very critical aspect that needs to be considered. Choosing a proper size is not only important from the comfort perspective but the protection perspective as well. Make sure to take both your own and the size of your motorcycle into account before buying a particular jacket.
- Number of pockets: The motorcycle jackets, in general, don’t offer plenty of pockets but no matter what their numbers are, they are pretty handy and useful to everyone. Make sure that the pockets of your motorcycle jacket (if it has any) are safe and properly secured.
- Vents: Vents are also very handful to have as, while driving a motorcycle, you will end up sweating a lot and the vents will help out with this issue very effectively.
- Liners: If you want to use the very same motorcycle jacket during the entire year, you should definitely get a jacket with a liner that can be zipped/unzipped depending on the circumstances.
You are now ready to go out and buy your ideal motorcycle jacket that will not only be comfortable while driving your precious bike, it will also save you from various injuries and it may even end up saving your life. You can buy a jacket from a local retailer or websites like Amazon.