Are you looking for the Best Microwave Ovens out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Microwave Ovens before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Microwave Ovens that suit your needs.
A good microwave has become a necessity for each and every house. Years ago, people were not able to buy a good microwave for efficient heating because of their high prices but now the time has changed. Not only can you buy an exceptionally good microwave at a low price but you can also take advantage of its well ordered and energy saving features. This list of top 10 reviews about microwave oven 2017 will give you a broad idea for the better choice of a microwave oven:
Table of Contents
- 1 Danby Designer 0.7 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave, Black/Stainless Steel
- 2 Sunbeam SG90701W-B 0.7-Cubic Foot Microwave Oven, White
- 3 Panasonic NN-H765BF Genius 1.6 cu. ft 1250-Watt Sensor
- 4 Whirlpool WMC20005YB 0.5 cu. ft. Black Countertop Microwave
- 5 Danby 0.7 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave, White
- 6 Panasonic NE-1054F “NSF” Approved 0.8 cu. ft. Stainless Steel
- 7 Oster OGB81101 1.1 cu. ft. Microwave Oven
- 8 Panasonic Genius NN-SN773S 1.6 cu. ft. 1250-Watt Microwave
- 9 Panasonic NN-SE982S Genius “Prestige” 2.2 cu. ft. 1250-Watt Sensor
- 10 Panasonic NN-SN651B 1.2 cu. ft. Genius Sensor Microwave
- 11 Best Microwave Ovens Buying Guide
Danby Designer 0.7 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave, Black/Stainless Steel
Having a volume of 0.7 cft this particular microwave oven stands on number 10. It is strong enough to bear its rough and hard usage. The crafty structure of this oven gives your kitchen a classy look. It has been modeled with the help of black colored stainless steel having 8 auto options. Its versatility is amazing for it can deal with any sort of snacks. Now you are just a button away from making you compose delicious items in short time.
Sunbeam SG90701W-B 0.7-Cubic Foot Microwave Oven, White
Consisting of six auto options with 700 watts power supply, sunbeam SG90701 ensures delicious and easy cooking. It has ten variable power levels with the ability to de-ice the food as well. Heat is distributed evenly with the help of the turntable. In addition , the LED screen and the timer makes the cooking even easier. The door can be opened and closed smoothly requiring no such energy.
Panasonic NN-H765BF Genius 1.6 cu. ft 1250-Watt Sensor
Having 1250 watts of power supply having a built in inverter to make its working even smoother, this Panasonic NN-H765BF stands on 8th spot. The inverter is capable enough to provide perfectly consistent flow of power to bring out the best possible outcome. It is best for those who are always on the go since it takes less time to cook food. Its power level constellation and the time taken to heat the food again can be set with the help of the detector and reheat feature. It does not require a grip on cooking for all it takes is to press one button and get your food prepared.
Whirlpool WMC20005YB 0.5 cu. ft. Black Countertop Microwave
This microwave contains some additional features which are not present in the previous ones makes it occupy the 7th place. It is an innovative machine that consists of 10 level changeable power controls which assures the best results. One can add ½ a minute to an already going round for better results. This microwave hardly takes 30 to 60 secs to prepare any sort of food. Its interior can be cleaned easily with the help of the tap touch control buttons.
Danby 0.7 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave, White
Capable enough to fulfill all your cooking requirements, this Danby 0.7 cft. Has taken the 6th position on the list. It has an appealing outlook that will give your kitchen a much classy look. It entertains you with 6 modes of cooking that ultimately enhances its flexibility. You can cook any kind of food in it. It rather saves your time. It is easy to operate with the help of the timer and the clock that promises enjoyable and easy cook. It has been embellished with a light to redefine your experience with this microwave ever memorable.
Panasonic NE-1054F “NSF” Approved 0.8 cu. ft. Stainless Steel
Containing all the characteristics of the present-day with a firmly packed structure, this particular microwave oven may be placed on the 5th position. 10 buttons to make its operation easier puts forth an innovative design with 4 power levels. It can yield 1000 watts of power producing classy results. It also works with touch control keyword keypad and little parts which are legion.
Oster OGB81101 1.1 cu. ft. Microwave Oven
This microwave consists of numerous power levels with six other functions which makes the cooking even easier. The power levels are 10 in total. Besides heating and reheating it can also de-ice the food subjected to it. Child lock mechanism has also been infused with it in case you are going for any wrong options. It will supervise you under such circumstances. In addition, it also contains a digital timer, a clock, a turntable and signal after finishing cooking . The lazy Susan can also be removed.
Panasonic Genius NN-SN773S 1.6 cu. ft. 1250-Watt Microwave
This 1250 watts power generating microwave stands in the top 3. It does not affect the taste and originality of the food and keeps it fresh and divine in taste. The power levels are adjusted without any human effort mechanically. It can also de-ice the food. Its reliability cannot be questioned and challenged. It is time saving for it works in an automatic manner.
Panasonic NN-SE982S Genius “Prestige” 2.2 cu. ft. 1250-Watt Sensor
This is indeed one unique model of the microwave available in the markets supplying 1250 watts of power for excellent results. It can withstand tough jobs for its structure is absolutely hardcore made up of stainless steel. The auto-defrost system makes it even more special. The power level and the timer can be set automatically. It is another time saving machine requiring less human effort. The inverter technology ensures its quick and powerful working.
Panasonic NN-SN651B 1.2 cu. ft. Genius Sensor Microwave
This could be your best choice regarding good quality microwave oven for it has features beyond human imagination. It requires little effort to operate it. It is time saving with touch buttons and a revolving tray. It can heat and defrost the food within no time. The food maintains its heat for up to ½ an hour after coming out of this microwave. De-icing process is made quicker with the help of Turbo Defrost system. In addition, it also contains a digital timer and display. You can also check the time on it with the help of the clock attached with it.
Saving your precious time, this list is definitely worth the read. Now you are familiar with the best models of the microwaves available in market so what are you waiting for? Stuff your mind with the best of the options and go buy it now.
Best Microwave Ovens Buying Guide
Microwave ovens are not really a new product on the market, but they are being used more and more as time goes by. They are very practical as you can easily (re)heat, grill or even bake a wide variety of different foods in it. You can even cook a whole range of foods from popcorns all the way up to muffins, kebabs, pizza and all that in a matter of minutes!
There are different types of microwave ovens available out there, and of course, each of them will be more suitable for a certain type of use. I hope that this short overview that I have written will help you out to find a microwave oven that will be ideal for you personally. You can also check the microwave oven selector if you are interested as well.
What are all the different types of microwave ovens?
We can classify all microwave ovens into 2 different categories:
- Conventional microwave ovens – They are the cheapest and the most basic ovens available on the market. They make sure that only the food is heated, and they do so by converting electricity into microwaves. Moreover they are cheap and efficient.
- Convection microwave ovens – These ovens function pretty much exactly the same as the conventional ovens, but they also heat the air as well, not just the food itself. In addition to the standard ability to heat, they can also be used for other things such as grilling, baking, and crisping. This is why they are much more suitable for places like restaurants than for traditional family homes.
And when we speak of types strictly, then we are speaking of over-the counter, over-the-range, countertop, built-in microwave ovens, as well as the microwave drawers. We’ll dedicate a little more attention to each of them right now.
Over-the-counter microwave ovens
These ovens have a plenty of features to offer, especially when we talk about spacing, as they happen to be very flexible here. They can be used in any kitchen, and to make them even more practical – many of their designers add hanging racks to help you out with storing of different pieces of cooking accessories.
Over-the-range microwave ovens
These ovens are the top selling ones each and every year. The main reason for that is that their set of features is designed to please the vast majority of different users. Over-the-range ovens are ideal for use over a standard 30-inch range or a cooktop. They have the ability to either recirculate it back into the kitchen or vent air outside.
Countertop microwave ovens
Coming in a variety of different sizes, countertop microwave ovens are highly practical per se, but they don’t have their own ventilation system and they consume too much space, and those two alone are quite big flaws. Many of them can be built in any type of kitchen set or attached to a wall, however, and that solves the previously mentioned issues to some degree.
Built-in microwave ovens
Just like many countertop microwaves that can often be built into the cabinetry, these ovens have this feature added by default. They are highly convenient as they save a lot of space while still providing the classic features for you to use and enjoy.
Yet another type of oven that can save up a lot of the always needed space. It can be easily integrated into just about any type of kitchen set, but I recommend placing it on a wall, or below a countertop set. It is highly practical and you can easily process your favorite foods while having the maximum comfort at the same time.
4 more types of microwave ovens
In addition to the previously mentioned types, there are 4 more to mention here, and they are solo microwave oven, microwave oven with a grill, combination microwave oven, and an industrial microwave oven.
Solo microwave oven
This is the most standard type you can get, and this is likely the one you will find in most households. You can heat, deheat or even defrost any type of food you like and in a record time period. As this is a very basic type of ovens, you will not be able to really cook, bake or grill anything, though. They are pretty much the cheapest type out there, and that is why they are also so popular (being cheap doesn’t equal the lowest quality, though).
Industrial microwave oven
These ovens focus on pure power and overall durability. That is why they are constructed from materials that provide much higher quality than the other types (and that is mostly a very firm metal). Also, compared to the standard ovens this one can be used even up to 200 times, which is why it is highly practical for commercial kitchens. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend this type for your home. It’s just not worth it.
Combination microwave oven
This is by far the most flexible type. It can be used in several different ways – you can cook food and use it as a standard oven, but also use all the convenient features of microwaves as well. These Combi microwaves are typically the most expensive ones as well, but my personal experience definitely suggests that the price is worth it. Another thing to note is that some models have both the convection oven and microwave oven with a grill included into the package as well to provide the best experience.
Microwave oven with a grill
In addition to things described in the previous paragraph, these ovens can also grill food, and they can also be used to roast and brown as well. This is provided by typically adding either 1 or 2 different metal racks to keep your food as close to the heating source as possible. If there is one food I recommend preparing with this microwave, it would be toast! They are so delicious when prepared in grill ovens!
Typical microwave oven features
The list of features typically found in a microwave oven is huge and varies depending on the type, so instruction manual is likely the best resource of knowledge when it comes to this. But still, I will cover some of the most basic ones in short:
Auto cook menu – allows you to cook anything you want without any additional tweaks.
- Power Rating /Cooking Power – Cooking power parameter is represented by wattage. In general, the more wattage there is, the faster the cooking and/or heating process will be. The number of watts can start at 600 and go all the way to 1300 max.
- Convection microwave oven – makes you prepare your food much faster than usual.
- Conventional microwave oven – uses microwave energy to cook and prepare your favorite meals.
- Control display – allows you to see a full overview of what is actually going on inside the oven.
- Child lock-out feature – provides that you keep your children away from touching the microwave oven.
- Delay start – allows you to re-schedule the beginning of cooking at some later point.
- Frost/Automatic Defrost – Basically, you can defrost just about anything with this feature – all you need to do is enter the value of your food’s weight.
- Multi-Lingual Menu Action Screen/Function Key
- English is not the only language that is supported, and you can choose the one that you want via the display menu very easily. Typically, the microwave ovens have support for English, French and Spanish.
- Express cook – As the name already suggests, you can decide on your own how long will your food be cooked inside the oven. All you need to do is a press a number on the keypad and then start to begin. So, if you press 2, that mean the food will be cooked for 2 minutes, if you press 4, it will be cooked for 4 minutes, etc.
- Inverter Microwave Technology – Conventional microwave ovens typically work with only one level of power. If they are used to cook on levels below that one, then the whole power is being used and the oven goes to the stand-by mode at the end of the process immediately. Panasonic uses an inverting concept for their ovens, so you can cook on multiple different levels. And the best of all is that there is no risk of overcooking at all!
Pretty much allows you to cook more than one single food at the same time.
- Turntable feature – with a turntable feature, you can rotate your food in order to assure that is being cooked evenly and appropriately.
- Popcorn feature – With this feature, you can automatically get your bag full of popcorns in a blast time period.
- Reheat or Auto Reheat – This feature allows you to reheat your favorite food(s) as many times as you like.
- Quick minute – With this feature you can basically make one or more cooking processes, depending on the food type and your own personal needs.
- Sensor cooking – you can tweak your cooking settings for each type of food that you are planning to process inside the oven.
Remember that these are only some of the features, there are much more provided depending on the type of the oven. Do a little research, read the instruction manual, and you will be amazed when you see what kinds of things you can actually do in your oven!