Motorcycles are being increasingly prevalent across the world and each year more number of models and brands are added to the market. Motorcycles need regular servicing on account of the technicalities involved in their performance and operations. Servicing is required to avoid breakdowns and rectify issues before they go out of hand. Servicing the motorcycle also ensures its smooth functioning. Motorcycle jack is a significant tool that simplifies servicing the motorcycle.
Motorcycle jack simplifies the process of motorcycle maintenance. Motorcycle jacks come in a variety of models and brands and customers should select one that serves your purpose. They are available in a variety of features to match varying requirements and preferences. We enlist below the best 10 motorcycle jacks to help you select the perfect one for your requirement.
Table of Contents
- 1 Wide Deck Motorcycle 1100 LB Center Scissor Lift
- 2 Black Widow Scissor Jack for Motorcycle
- 3 Black Widow Touring Motorcycle Cruiser Jack Lift Stand
- 4 Motorcycle Center Floor Jack 1100 lbs
- 5 Titan Lifts MLJ-1000 Motorcycle Black Mini Jack
- 6 Black Widow Scissor Jack for Motorcycle with Dolly
- 7 Pit Posse PP2551S Cycle Dirt Bike for Motorcycle
- 8 Low Profile Scissor Jack for Motorcycle
- 9 XtremepowerUS Motorcycle 1100Lbs Center Jack
- 10 Air Operated Lift Table for Motorcycle
- 11 Best Motorcycle Jack Buyer’s Guide
Wide Deck Motorcycle 1100 LB Center Scissor Lift
The Wide Deck Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift is compatible with majority of motorcycle models and is quite convenient. It is perfect for people owning two or more motorcycle models. It features a simple and hassle-free scissor jack and is convenient for beginners. It features a vulcanized lifting platform that makes it a stable and also a high-grade product. Further, this rubber platform mat reduces chances of slippage and scratches on the frame of the motorcycle. This motorcycle jack has a weight bearing capacity of 1100 pounds and can lift bikes from 3.2 inches to 13.25 inches.
Black Widow Scissor Jack for Motorcycle
This Scissor Jack provides motorcycles a central lift and permits easy accessibility to all parts and making the maintenance job simple. It can lift motorcycles up to 1100 pounds of weight. It features a platform with rubber-padding that makes it very stable, gives it a secure grip, thus minimizing the probability of accidents. It is constructed using strong steel and is very durable.
Black Widow Touring Motorcycle Cruiser Jack Lift Stand
This Jack can lift motorcycles weighing up to 1,100 pounds and can lift from 3-3/4inches to 16-1/4inches. It features two detachable frame adaptors that add 2.00 to 3.25inches of height and enhances its height variance. This device is easy to operate and works manually. It is constructed using tough steel that makes it very durable. It permits the motorcycle to be lifted either from front or the back and enhances its functionality.
Motorcycle Center Floor Jack 1100 lbs
Best Choice presents the 1100 lb Motorcycle Dirt Bike. It features a central scissor to enable simple lifting and also provide balance when the motorcycle is getting serviced. It enables lifting on a diverse range from 3-3/4 inches to 15-3/4 inches to suit a variety of different users. It is constructed from solid steel making it best in durability. It can carry up to 1,100 pounds weight.
Titan Lifts MLJ-1000 Motorcycle Black Mini Jack
This MLJ-1000 motorcycle jack has additional features to enhance functionality and performance. One such feature is an additional safety bar made from steel to minimize the probability of accidents. MLJ-1000 enables a lifting span ranging from 3.5” to 16.0” exclusive of saddles and increases with the saddles. Further, it features two modifiable saddle adapters. It also incorporates double frame pads which are rubber coated and height adjustable. These pads give this jack durability, firm grip and guarantee stability while servicing the motorbike.
Black Widow Scissor Jack for Motorcycle with Dolly
Black Widow Scissor Jack with Dolly features a central lift to lift every motorcycle weighing up to a maximum 1,100 pounds. It features four number castor wheels made from steel which are directly bolted onto a tray and simplify maneuverability. The dolly tray is useful to hold all the tools. Steel construction makes this jack extremely durable.
Pit Posse PP2551S Cycle Dirt Bike for Motorcycle
Pit Posse presents the PP2551S Motorcycle Dirt Bike which utilizes hydraulic lifting knowhow. It comes with wheels and is an ideal jack for quads and dirt bikes (MX) and lifts the motorcycle easily. It features one foot pedal that helps in lifting the stand. Safety loops and pin are provided to grant stability and safety. It is constructed from a tough and durable steel frame. This lift has a weight bearing capacity of 300 pounds. It is provided with a gas and oil resistant vulcanized top to enable a secure grip.
Low Profile Scissor Jack for Motorcycle
The Low Profile Motorcycle Scissor Jack features a central scissor and can be operated even by beginners easily. It has capability to support the bike from the back or the front. It is well-crafted to provide a durable and simple to use Scissor Jack.
XtremepowerUS Motorcycle 1100Lbs Center Jack
XtremepowerUS presents the 1100 lbs Motorcycle Scissor jack which is durable and easy to use. This jack is crack operated and can lift from 3 ¾inches to 15 ¾inches. This jack has a maximum lifting capacity up to 1,100 pounds. It features two adapters along with double saddles to enhance performance and functionality. It features an extra wide base for added stability. Also featured are 3 inch wings on each side and a central scissor.
Air Operated Lift Table for Motorcycle
The Air Operated Motorcycle Lift Table is operated by a foot pedal that drives a premium hydraulic ram. It is mounted on dolly wheels to simplify maneuverability and portability. It features a safety lock apparatus in multiple positions making it remarkably safe. It is constructed using steel making it long lasting and durable.
Best Motorcycle Jack Buyer’s Guide
What is a motorcycle jack?
To define it as simple as possible, a motorcycle jack is a small utility that helps you lift your motorcycle to an elevated spot and keep it there as much as you like. The micro elements that are used to achieve this include hydraulics, compressed air, or the mix of these two together. Motorcycle jacks can vary when it comes to the type of the motorbikes that is involved, as some of them are universal and they can work with just about any motorcycle, while many other types work with only some specific types and/or models alone. On the other hand, some types can be moved easily wherever you want, while others have no mobility at all, and they are intended to remain stationary. All this is important to consider before making the final purchase.
Why use a motorcycle lift or jack?
A motorcycle jack can certainly make any maintenance of your precious bike much easier, as by lifting it up to an elevated position you will have a good access to all of its components and you will be able to repair it on your own as well.
Another important reason to note is that motorcycles jacks are huge money savers as well. You will no longer need to pay significant amounts of money for somebody else to repair your motorbike. You can do this on your own as well, as a motorcycle jack is exactly what makes the difference here! It doesn’t matter if you’re still a beginner or an expert the end result will be exactly the same.
Motorcycle Jack Safety
Your own safety is the most important thing to note. There are some key concepts that you need to follow in order for the safety to be (and remain) at top level:
- Always make sure that the weight of your jack matches the weight of your bike as well.
- Also make sure that the jack is not overloaded.
- You should always lift your motorcycle by using the right lifting points (or just a single point for that matter).
- Keep yourself away from the pinch points by all means.
- If you have any safety locks with you, do not hesitate to use them.
- Get to know the environments properly.
- Make sure that your motorcycle is stable enough before you even attempt doing any sort of maintenance with it.
What to consider when purchasing a motorcycle jack. Always keep the following things in mind before buying your motorcycle jack:
- Consider the overall weight of your motorbike.
- Make sure that the weight of your jack is appropriate and that it matches the motorcycle’s weight as well.
- Get a proper clearance so that you can appropriately put it under your motorbike.
- Decide whether you want a stationary jack or a movable one.
- Consider whether or not you need some portable features as well.
- Make sure that the jack is made from quality materials.
- Do not forget to actually think of how long you need this particular jack for. The purchase is not the same if you plan on getting a long term solution and if you just need one “casual” jack that you don’t intend to use in the long run.
- Another thing that goes “hand to hand” with the previously mentioned one is how often you plan to use your jack as well.
- And the last thing to track is the actual storage.
One important thing to note as well is that these jacks are not aimed at particular brands/models nor the motorbike types so they are pretty much universal. It doesn’t really matter if you own a BMW, Suzuki, Honda, Harley Davidson, or Yamaha – the jack will work perfectly with any of these. And what’s even better, you can use the same jack for other vehicle types as well (including the sports bikes, the dirt bikes, and the choppers too).
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Motorcycle Jack
- Lifting capacity – You noticed that I am focusing on weight perhaps even more than I should, but believe me, it is that important. Another thing to note in that context is that you need to carefully consider the lifting capacity of your jack as well. This capacity needs to fully support the weight of your motorbike, and that is why it is vital to have both of these weights evenly matched. But do keep note as well that the actual capacity is usually smaller than the one indicated when buying a particular jack.
- Carriage width – This parameter is basically the width between the two opposite edges of the jack supporting unit. And the bigger this parameter is, the better the stability as well. When the width is exceptionally great, you can also use it to lift other vehicles as well.
- Lifting range – This parameter is very important to consider as well. Always make sure that the range is as high as possible and that your jack can reach the motorcycle’s underside as well. Some models (usually the more expensive ones) have integrated adapters, and that can additionally increase the lifting range too.
- FRAME RIGIDITY – Not too many people pay attention to this factor, but that doesn’t make it any less important. If your jack is not robust enough, the stability of your motorcycle will be greatly affected. In the worst case scenario, your bike can literally fall off from the jack, and I better not mention what kind of damage that may cause! The robustness is something that is ultimately decided (and limited by) the design itself. A general rule is that the bigger jacks have better stability, although their robustness is not so great. On the other hand, small jacks have better robustness but lower stability. Still, there are some limitations to be made here and there, of course, so it is not really “set in stone” for each and every model on the market.
- BASE FRAME FOOTPRINT – The most common way of repairing and/or polishing motorcycles, in general, is to keep them lifted up to a certain position and do the entire job while being in a rolling stool. That’s why it is important for the base footprint to be properly designed so that the stability doesn’t get affected. It should generally be huge, but not so huge that you end up struggling to get out of the rolling stool in the first place. Keep this in mind at all times.
- CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL – The materials that are used to make motorcycle jacks are made from steel, aluminum, or a mix of these two. If you plan to hang around the garage, I would recommend getting steel jacks. Otherwise, consider getting the aluminum ones. A mix of these two works both ways.
- LOCKING POSITIONS – We can define locking spots as the places where it is safe to keep your motorcycle lifted on. This is the spot where the motorbike is meant to stay for long periods of time without falling off and causing damage to the construction. Pretty much every motorcycle has this feature already implemented, but the exact height is different for every different model per se.
If all this is not enough, I recommend checking out the following link before you make your final purchase. I certainly hope you enjoyed reading through this article and that you found it helpful. Good luck!