Are you looking for the Best Office Desk Lamps out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Office Desk Lamps before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Office Desk Lamps that suit your needs.
Today’s fast- paced world requires a lot of extra effort on your part to get recognized and a great amount of hard work to earn big money, that is absolutely essential to survive the escalating prices and competitive nature of the world today. Working long hours at your office desk undoubtedly increases your daily productivity, or you may have some extra workload that necessitates working longer hours. The regular high wattage bulbs that are common in workplaces draw a lot of power, and a more energy-efficient source of light would be the use of desk lamps, which keep your monthly electricity bills in check. These lamps emit clear and safe illumination and are an attractive adornment for your office desk.
While the market thrives in various different models from the vast multitude of brands present, here is a listing of the choicest 10 models that you must have a glance at before making your purchase decision.
Table of Contents
- 1 Elune’s Dimmable LED TT-DL01 Desk Lamp
- 2 Elune’s Eye-Care Dimmable LED TT-DL05 Desk Lamp
- 3 Fulcrum’s LED Light 20010-301
- 4 TaoTronics’ Elune Desk Lamp TT-DL08
- 5 Sunlight Full Spectrum Natural Desk Lamp
- 6 Saicoo’s Desk Lamp10W
- 7 Saicoo’s Eye Protection LED Lamp CCT 2700k-6500k
- 8 LED Wholesalers’ LED Office Desk Lamp
- 9 Boston Harbor’s Architect Desk Lamp
- 10 Ivation’s Gooseneck LED Multipurpose Desk Lamp
- 11 Office Desk Lamps Buying Guide
Elune’s Dimmable LED TT-DL01 Desk Lamp
This office desk lamp from Elune offers you light-intensity adjustment, i.e. it is dimmable, so you can easily modify the quantity of light the lap emits to suit your preference. The model features LED lighting which greatly reduces power consumption, while a touch-screen panel offers simple and convenient operation for the user.
Elune’s Eye-Care Dimmable LED TT-DL05 Desk Lamp
An ideal choice for users, who cannot tolerate very bright lights, this desk lamp gives high priority to user eye safety. The LED lighting can effectively be dimmed to the intensity of your liking and the lamp guarantees you energy-efficiency. The package comes with an installation guide which enables quick, easy installation of the desk lamp.
Fulcrum’s LED Light 20010-301
Designed not just for official purposes, but also for outdoor use, such as while camping, this small and compact-sized lamp provides you with sufficient light to work comfortably. A strong and sturdy clip provided with the lamp allows complete stability so that you can easily place the lamp without any support on uneven surfaces and slopes as well!! This model’s gooseneck is ultra-flexible and permits you to channel light in whichever direction you desire.
TaoTronics’ Elune Desk Lamp TT-DL08
Yet another model from the Elune series of electronics manufacturer TaoTronics, this user-friendly, resourceful desk lamp also offers a dimming option for those people averse to bright, sharp lighting. With a three-level dimming adjustment for easy light emission control, this lamp comes with a medium level clamp stand that imparts the ideal position for optimum illumination. Highly- sensitive touch controls make for simple installation and running of the device.
Sunlight Full Spectrum Natural Desk Lamp
With modest 27W power consumption, this highly power-saving lamp provides a good respite to your over-inflated electricity bill. The model is fashioned in a very elegant, trendy design that imparts a classy look to your work desk and wonderfully complements your office décor and style.
Saicoo’s Desk Lamp10W
An even more power-efficient option than the previously mentioned model, this desk lamp from Saicoo has minimal power consumption at barely 10 watts and also features a dimming function that allows you to adjust illumination intensity depending upon your personal choice. The lamp works well not just in offices but also on your bedside table, for studying or while going on outdoor trips and camps.
Saicoo’s Eye Protection LED Lamp CCT 2700k-6500k
This advanced desk lamp model comes with a touch-controlled dimming operation that enables you to adjust light intensity. The dimming control ranges from 2700k to 6500k, a quite vast range that makes the model highly flexible and versatile. Moreover, the lamp boasts of an extra-large light emission panel that produces adequate light for convenient desk work. The model also comes with an adjustable stand that allow light to be directed along any channel defined by the user.
LED Wholesalers’ LED Office Desk Lamp
Mimicking natural light in its operation, this superior desk lamp offers you comprehensive eye protection and is user-friendly in its working. It features standard three-level light dimming option for user-adjustment of light emission to their desired level, with an added advantage of the LED light being anti-glare for enhanced eye safety.
Boston Harbor’s Architect Desk Lamp
A compact, sleek and modern office desk lamplight that consumes minimal space in your office and prevents your desk from looking cramped and cluttered, this lamp offers you an adjustable stand to easily direct light in whichever direct you want. A metal shade featured serves to enhance the model’s sturdiness and durability.
Ivation’s Gooseneck LED Multipurpose Desk Lamp
Ranking first in the list is this user-friendly desk lamp that makes for ease-of-use by virtue of its flexible gooseneck that only requires you to mount the lamp on the desk and rotate the gooseneck towards your preferred position for adequate light emission. The model comes with an easy-fit sturdy clamp to secure the lamp in place and the model serves many purposes apart from office use.
Office Desk Lamps Buying Guide
Whenever you want to use your desk for reading and writing activities during the night and/or whenever the visibility is lowered for whatever reason, the desk lamps prove to be very useful again and again. It may seem like an easy task to buy a new desk lamp as all you really need to do is just pick a solution that will provide sufficient lighting so that you don’t need to stress your eyes so much. But, there is much more than that.
This guide will help you out to evaluate all the different types of desk lamps and it will help you to choose the one that suits you the most. Let’s get going!
The types of Desk Lamps
Incandescent desk lamps: This type of desk lamps provides the lowest quality of lighting. It is constant and it might be enough for regular daily purposes but the fact that they have almost no durability whatsoever is enough to make the potential buyers reconsider their priorities. While incandescent desk lamps are viable choices for ambiental environments in general, they are not really ideal for any other uses.
- Halogen desk lamps: Halogen desk lamps are able to produce a fairly bright lighting that is constant and strong enough to ensure that hour-long activities with reduced environmental visibility are performed smoothly and without the need to strain one’s eyes too much. They are great for all purposes and their great longevity (1000-2000 working hours) definitely recommends them as one of the top choices that you need to consider. The fact that they don’t consume a lot of resources is just an icing on the cake.
- Fluorescent desk lamps: Fluorescent desk lamps are slightly more superior than the incandescent models and they provide a better lighting as well. They are ideal for everyday activities and they can last up to 10 000 working hours. However, they have their flaws as well. Their price is (usually) quite big and they are not very suitable for people who have low and/or limited budgets. On top of that, it takes some time for them to heat up properly and to maximize their brightness output. When you first notice the dimming and/or flickering effects, that is when its light bulb is near the end of its lifespan.
- Full-spectrum desk lamps: This is the type that gives out the best lighting quality. Its lighting is bright and clear and it is designed to simulate the actual sunlight which makes it a perfect solution for all everyday tasking activities as well as all general activities too. They also save up the energy consumption quite a bit and are able to last up to a magnificent margin of 10 000 working hours.
Features of Desk Lamps
- Neck-customizable desk lamps: You should definitely consider buying a desk lamp that allows you to customize the neck as a flexible focus will give you plenty of different possibilities and it is very convenient as well. Some models will allow you to manually tweak their height while others will allow you to modify the beam focus and set it up the way you like it and/or depending on the task.
- Modifiable desk lamps: It is much better when you have a desk lamp that allows you adjust the lighting to fit your liking and/or the purposes of the actual task. Documents with really small letters may need a stronger lighting while you may want to decrease the lighting intensity when you are doing other stuff (for example). It is also important to “save up” on lighting whenever it is possible and not having a maximum intensity lighting at all times is also good for eyes as it doesn’t blind you.
- Magnifier lamps: If you are regularly working with exceptionally small documents, you definitely need to consider getting a magnifier desk lamp. It has an attached magnifier that will allow you to easily see even the tiniest details.
- Clamp-on desk lamps: Not having enough space on your table is not an obstacle for getting a proper desk lamp. Clamp-on models are ideal solutions in this case as they can be “attached” onto the table whenever you need some lighting. You will get a quality service but you will also have the full commodity of your reserved table space at the same as well.
- Energy-efficient desk lamps: Energy is being consumed quite a lot when it comes to many different systems and desk lamps are no exception. However, you can do yourself a favor and buy an energy-efficient model. They will satisfy all of your basic needs just like the regular lamps but they will also save up the precious energy resources which is a great addition to have.
LED desk lamps purchasing overview
LED desk lamps are small, convenient, modern, and fully able to satisfy the needs of even the most demanding buyers. While local retailers probably have some great offers in their assortment, websites like Amazon are the ultimate buying destinations and this is where you can find your optimal LED desk lamp and for a very reasonable price as well.
- The power types: Each LED desk lamp has several different power options available. Models that come up with wall sockets have the most stable power as well as the best quality lighting too. In case you lack a (proper) power socket or if you would like a commodity of carrying your LED desk lamp around your home by using your PC (or laptop, preferably), you can go for a USB model. And, in case you need your desk lamp urgently, you can always buy a battery-power LED model.
- The size: The size itself is one of the most important factors to consider when you wish to purchase a new desk lamp. Big desk lamps will, naturally, emit a better lighting as they come up with big light bulbs as well. You should take note, though, that if you don’t have a lot of room on your desk, this may be a huge issue when buying these desk lamps. Small desk lamps are much more convenient, in that regard, as they consume minimal space and they some models can even be clipped onto the table which is perfect for people with overloaded work desks. On the other hand, their downside comes from the fact that the lighting quality is much smaller compared to the lighting of the big desk lamps (as their light bulbs are much smaller as well). You need to carefully consider how much space you actually have as well as what kind of lighting will suit you the most before making the final decision about the size of your future desk lamp.
- Light bulbs: Just like the size of your desk lamp can vary, the light bulb is yet another variable factor that needs to be considered. You can choose a single big light bulb, a series of multiple small ones, and you can also combine these two the way you want. On top of that, you can also choose whether you want an OLED or a LED light bulb as well. OLED is basically an organic light emitting diode while LED is a traditional (modern) light emitting diode technology as we know it. This is mostly the decision that should be based on your own personal preferences, although, you should know that larger light bulbs will emit better lighting but will also end up consuming more resources as well.
- The overall brightness: Lastly, you should also pay attention to the overall brightness or, in other words, the brightness ratio. This is a measurement that shows off how much light is actually emitted (the unit is lumen per watt). A vast majority of desk lamps emits between 40 and 160 lumens per watt and, obviously the bigger the ratio is, the better the lighting.