Are you looking for the Best Pet Nail Clippers out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Pet Nail Clippers before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Pet Nail Clippers that suit your needs.
If you’re a pet lover, with one or more pets at home, you surely know how daunting it is to clip your pet’s nails every once in a while. Nail clippers made exclusively for that purpose will assist you greatly by efficiently doing your job in a quick, hassle-free manner. These tools keep their nails healthy, while at the same time prevent snagging or splitting while growing. There are numerous models in the market for you to choose from.
Here, we offer you a listing on the choicest 10 nail clippers for pets in the current market to enable you to make a good investment.
Latest Pet Nail Clippers
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
GoPets’ Dog/Cat Nail Clipper
A professional cutting tool for clipping the nails off your pet dogs and cats, this clipper is made from 3.5mm high-grade stainless steel, and gives quick, smooth and sharp cuts. Efficient and precise in its working, the clipper is incorporated with a sensor for preventing over-cutting. Ergonomically designed large handles, non-slip good-grip surface and easy-lock blades make this a much-coveted model. Additionally, it offers you safe and easy storage as well.
Safari’s Professional Pet Nail Trimmer
Suitable for medium and large dog breeds, this nail trimmer made of good-quality stainless steel gives you a durable, sharp edge for cutting. Its key features include accurate working, safety stop for overcutting and a non-slip safe grip.
Best’s Professional Nail Clipper
Another model that works on medium and large breeds, this topnotch model fabricated out of stainless steel imparts superior durability to the model. Its noteworthy specifications include easy, precise cuts, scratch-proof body, sharp edge, rubberized handle to allow you a secure, comfy grip, as well as a safety lock system.
Dog Nail Professional Clipper
Giving you the perfect professional cut, this trimmer is made of long-lasting, hardy stainless steel with a thin, sharp blade that offers you hassle-free clipping. A highly accurate tool, this dog nail cutter is embedded with safety guard to prevent overcutting. Additionally, rubber-coated handles facilitate easy and comfortable cutting, with a good grip and minimal fatigue.
Millers’ Forge Nail Cutter for Dogs
The absolute must-have for vets and pet groomers, this nail clip is well-made with sharp blades of stainless steel. Durable enough for daily use, with prolonged sharpness guaranteed, this nail clipper offers perfect safety from injuries and damage, thanks to its precision cutting system. A smooth rubber handle with ergonomic design offers the user a very convenient grip.
Dog Nail Clippers For Cats and Dogs
Designed with advanced features for extraordinary comfort and efficiency, this model is equipped with a novel locking mechanism, heat-treated steel blades and utmost durability. Its conical spring facilitates smooth action, while its extra-large handles increase user comfort. Furthermore, an anti-pitch spring safety guard offers user protection while clipping.
Boshel’s Professional Pet Nail Trimmer
With unrivaled clipping power, this swift-cutting tool facilitates quick grooming of your pet’s nails. Its key selling points include non-slip ergonomic handles, high quality blades of stainless steel, high durability as well as safety stop for prevention of over-cutting.
Pet Nail Cutters for Dogs
An innovative, modern clipper with premium features and high functionality, this top model offers easy, effortless and quick service. Stainless steel precision blades as well as rubber-coated ergonomic handles make this tool an ideal investment option.
Resco’s Deluxe Original Nail Trimmer for Dogs
Fitted with a replaceable blade to assure you prolonged use for many years without the hassle of blunt or worn out blades, this device offers easy switching of blades. Moreover, the blades are sharp, durable, rust-proof and scratch-proof for user as well as pet safety. This device works well for first timers, trims precisely andis user-friendly, with ergonomic handles and rubberized non-slip comfy-grip surface for increased user safety.
Professional Rated Dog Nail Clipper
Effective for use on medium and large dogs or even larger house pets, this clipper is affixed with a thin, 0.275” stainless steel sharp blade to quickly cut off your pet’s nails. The key selling points of this efficient tool include slip-proof handles, well-molded for user safety as well as an over-cutting safety stop system.
Pet Nail Clippers Buying Guide
Getting the right dog nail clipper is, by no means, an easy task. There are so many different parameters that need to be taken to account. One of the primary concerns is that a nail clipper for a small dog will not be suitable for a bigger dog, for example (and vice versa). So, every dog will require a different type of nail clippers.
The very basic factors that need to be considered include the budge, a set of sharp blades as well as the blades made from stainless steel, handle covers, safety tops, safety locks, an extended warranty, and the reaction of your dog to a particular nail clipper.
When you own a dog, it needs to be properly treated all the time and managing a proper hygiene is just a minor part of that. You can take your dog to a groomer but that will just be an additional cost. You can properly treat your dog’s nails with the right pair of clippers and we are here to help you out in buying the best solution. No matter if you decide to buy the traditional nail clippers, the trimmer, the scissors, or even a brush, if you follow the directions below, we can guarantee that you will not make a mistake!
The types of Nail Clippers
The regular dog grooming supplies typically consist of the hair clippers and the nail clippers. Although they technically serve the same “purpose”, there are some major differences between the two. But, regardless of whether they are manually maintained or if they use electrical power, you will need both of these to ensure that the grooming session for your dog is quick, smooth and efficient.
There are plenty of different dog nail clippers available on the market and some may be more expensive (and more effective) than the others but all of them will do their basic function just fine. You need (at least) 1 pair of clippers to properly treat your dog’s nails on a regular basis.
- Guillotine-style clippers: This type of clippers has a massive reputation of being both quick and efficient and it also doesn’t stress out your dog’s nails too much. It has a relatively simple mechanism and all you need to do is put your dog’s nail into a hole that is located in the middle and pull off the lever to make the blades cut off the excessive nail growths. Just make sure that the blades are sharp enough and there will be no issues whatsoever.
- Plier-styled clippers: The plier-styled clippers are identical to traditional pliers and they are highly useful when you want to cut off really large dog nails. Just place the nail in the notch of your choice and squeeze the plier to cut off the excessive nail growths. But, once again, make sure that your blades are properly sharpened to prevent issues and complications for your dog.
- The scissors: This is the most traditional type of dog nail clippers on the market (as you can guess). It functions very similar to pliers in general and hey work the same as the regular scissors. They give you more control while clipping off your dog’s nails but they don’t have enough power so you should really use the scissors only when cutting off the nails on smaller dogs (as they are thinner than the ones found in larger breeds).
- The grinders: This is one of the latest additions to the assortment of different dog nail clippers. Its basic concept involves digging (or “grinding”, to be more precise) the nails of your dog and “bringing” them down. It is a very simple concept and all you really need to do is place the nail into a tiny slot placed on the cover of the grinder and…grind it down. But, I need to note that you need to be really careful as there are no real recommendations when it comes to a safe distance when you are using the grinder and you can hurt your dog if you are not paying close attention. Also, the grinders tend to produce much more noise than the other nail clippers so make sure to introduce your dog to its concepts first and only after it gets familiar enough can you proceed to actually start grinding the nails.
- Hair dog clippers: Just like there are effective ways to clip off your dog’s nails, the hair clippers are designed to cut off the excessive hair and to keep it in the good shape all the time. They share a mutual design with the regular hair clippers that us humans do and they are either battery-powered or they use the power cords. They even work in the same way and they are just as effective. You also have an option to use a trimmer to keep the hair levels to the regular levels.
- Shears and scissors: A combination of shears and scissors is also used to cut off the unreasonably long hair and it is a popular pick among professional groomers. They are often very expensive for individual buyers (although you can get them for a somewhat reasonable price if you buy them as a part of grooming kits) so if you really want to use this combo to cut off the excessive hair, you will probably save up a lot of money by just going to a groomer.
- The forms: Dog nail clippers come in 3 different forms – scissors, guillotines, and grinders as well. Although there are some differences between the 3 forms of clippers, you can rest assured that all 3 will be very effective in removing the excessive nail growths. Even more so if you decide to invest some nice money to buy a proper clipper.
We’ve reached the very end and I honestly hope that the guide was helpful and contributive and that you have a better idea of what to look for when buying a nail clipper for your dog. Just remember to always look for a simple, effective, and flexible solution that will clip off the nails without causing any harm or stress for your dog.