If you have a tiny tot at home, you definitely must feel the need of a suitable table-and-chair that will enable your toddler to eat food comfortably. Baby chairs are in vogue these days and all new parents go for that purchase a few months into the baby’s birth… The high chairs can also be used later on until your little one’s pre-schooling year as they are quite spacious and can easily accommodate 3-4 year olds. While the baby- care market is flooded with models all clamoring for top spot with their very-many features, the ones that actually make the list boast of upscale durability, versatility and ease of cleanliness.
Have a look-see at the models below which claim to be the best 10 that are available in the markets these days to cater to your baby’s needs and comfort during dining.
Table of Contents
- 1 Graco’s Blossom Seating System 4-in-1
- 2 Fisher-Price’s Space Saver Toddler High Chair
- 3 Graco’s SimpleSwitch Booster/ High Chair
- 4 Evenflo’s Convertible Infant High Chair
- 5 Fisher-Price’s Booster Deluxe Baby Seat
- 6 Fisher-Price’s Rainforest High Chair, Healthy Care
- 7 Cosco’s Slim Foldable High Chair
- 8 Fisher-Price’s SpaceSaver Infant High Chair
- 9 Summer’s Infant Wood HighChair, Classic Comfort
- 10 Fisher-Price’s EZ Luv U Zoo
- 11 Best High Chair For Babies and Toddlers Buying Guide
Graco’s Blossom Seating System 4-in-1
From esteemed brand, Graco, the Blossom is a 4-in-1 infant high chair which also efficiently plays the role of a toddler- feeding booster. The chair is roomy and strong enough to accommodate 2 babies at a time, the ideal model to buy if you are a proud parent of twins! This baby seat features 6 height adjustments and an adjustable recline to add to your baby’s comfort. Additionally, this model is equipped with a detachable back insert as well as a dishwasher- safe child tray that is easy to clean thus, affording you versatility and easy maintenance.
Fisher-Price’s Space Saver Toddler High Chair
If you complain of space- constraints at home and are having second thoughts about accommodating yet another chair into your already cramped space, do not fret- for Fisher-Price brings to you its innovative space- saving model that is slim and compact and will fit any tiny space. This versatile chair can be easily strapped to any regular dining chair in your house and has all those prized features that are incorporated in the choicest models. The model is equipped with 3 adjustments for height and an easy- remove dishwasher- safe tray that facilitates uncomplicated cleaning. Lightweight in nature, the high chair can be utilized for kids up to preschool level and can be taken along with you in your travels, owing to its compact size.
Graco’s SimpleSwitch Booster/ High Chair
This high- quality model from Graco’s fabricated out of a combination of plastic, polyester and a metallic frame as well as other imported upmarket material, is the perfect comfort chair for your tiny tot. The device assures you optimal durability and an easy- switch option to convert from high chair to booster in a short while. The other outstanding specifications featured in this model comprise of 3- position reclining chair for convenient feeding, detachable seat pad that can be machine-washed, easy maintenance and in-built storage for its booster setup. Furthermore, the model also features a five- point convertible safety harness to keep your baby strapped securely in the high chair.
Evenflo’s Convertible Infant High Chair
This easily adjustable and robust high chair from the house of Evenflo can be used in 2 different ways- it can be stacked to perform the operation of a custom high chair; moreover, it can also be placed on your floor thus allowing your tot to place his/her little feet on the floor- giving you the option of choosing the arrangement that your baby’s current mood demands. Of a suitable size that offers optimum comfort to your baby, the chair seat and tray can be wiped clean simply with a damp towel.
Fisher-Price’s Booster Deluxe Baby Seat
Yet another superior and advanced model from Fisher-Price, this deluxe baby booster seat has all your dream- features properly in place. The package offers a capacious feeding tray with Snap-on lid to keep the surface clean. An easy-to-clean seat designed with absolutely no crevices in which morsels/crumbs get lodged is its primary advantage. It also boasts of a 3 level height- adjustment and safety features that include a three- point harness as well as rear and front fit straps.
Fisher-Price’s Rainforest High Chair, Healthy Care
This fabulous high chair from baby- accessory king, Fisher-Price yields a delightful usage experience for your little one. With a comfy padded seat with safety straps designed to secure your child in place, the chair also offers adjustable height and safety harness for added security. Its seat and padding are removable, for convenient cleaning purpose, and the main attraction of the set would be the bright toys offered which will definitely enhance your toddler’s visual skills. These toys are detachable from the baby chair frame which means your baby can take them around and play with them wherever he/she wants.
Cosco’s Slim Foldable High Chair
This slender high- chair is an ideal option for you if your dining area is small and unable to fit a bulkier model. The Cosco is also lightweight, durable and easily foldable to provide convenient storage after use. It can be wiped clean with a damp cloth after your baby has dined thus making for convenient cleaning and maintenance.
Fisher-Price’s SpaceSaver Infant High Chair
Predictably among the best 3 models to grace the list, this item breaks tradition and comes in a slim, space- effective package that takes up limited space and is convenient to store. It can just be strapped to any dining chair of yours prior to commencing dining for your kid’s utmost comfort. The key selling points of this high chair include a reclining seat with 3- position adjustment, dishwasher- safe easily detachable tray and a spill- proof machine- washable detachable seat pad.
Summer’s Infant Wood HighChair, Classic Comfort
Crafted from superior- quality, stylish wood, the Summer Classic high chair model justifiably bags the 2nd spot with its array of incredible features. The major selling points that come with this highchair comprise of 3 seat- recline adjustments, four tray- positioning options and swift and efficient tray cleanup that is dishwasher- safe. Its chief feature would be its five- point safety harness that makes this product a must-have.
Fisher-Price’s EZ Luv U Zoo
This star product from high-status brand Fisher-Price ensures that your baby’s mealtime is exciting and fun like never before!! Comfortable and easy to use as well as store, this folding-type baby high chair has variable seat positioning with height adjustment and a stain-proof seat pad that can easily be machine washed. The model, further, boasts of an open-frame revolutionary design to enable your little one to sit nearer to the table.
Best High Chair For Babies and Toddlers Buying Guide
There is nothing as wonderful as having your toddlers being able to eat at your side and at your table despite their obvious lack of size. This is no longer an issue as High Chair allows you to do just that. They are specialized chairs primarily made to easily feed your baby while sitting in it. It is very important that the high chair is properly secured and that it is able to provide everything you need. Down below, I will share more information about High Chair in general, and I will try to help you get the best possible High Chair – the one that will make both you and your baby feel exalted as never before!
When is Baby Ready for a High Chair?
High chairs are primarily made for toddlers who can safely eat and digest foods with a solid composition. They should also be able to sit there without any sort of help or additional assistance. This is typically a child between 4 and 5 months old, however some types can be used very productively even for kids that are as much as 3 years old.
So, as I said, your baby has to be able to sit and maintain its balance without any sort of assistance. That is the key concept here. There mustn’t be any risk of your kid falling out of the chair, or any other type of accident occurring while it sits there. Safety is absolutely the top priority here, and everything else falls behind when compared to it. Another important factor is a comfort. If your baby doesn’t feel good while sitting in a particular High Chair, he/she may just stop eating completely, and this is something that you certainly don’t want to see! That is why it is essential to choose the right High Chair, as only then it can be used the way it is meant for, and only then will your baby be secure and satisfied.
Types of High Chairs
There are many different types of High Chairs that you can buy, and they vary both in size and the other basic properties. Let’s take a look at them and see what we can expect from each type in order to get a good insight before even planning to get one.
- Standalone High Chairs: This is the most basic type of High Chairs and the one that is likely the most common type to be found on the market. As the name suggests, it’s a single basic chair with a seat longing above its tall and fairly ordinary composition. In addition to that, you can manually adjust the height of the chair as well, so that both your toddler and yourself can have the best possible experience, and to ensure that the feeding is as smooth as it can be. Some features are standard and common for just about any type of standalone chars, but some will be different and reserved for particular types of standalone High Chairs (cheaper models will have fewer features, and the more expensive ones will have more, as it is logical). In order to make you see what you can really expect from each sub-type of standalone chairs, we will discuss each one separately right now.
- Basic High Chairs: A common thing for all of these is that they are all pretty much purely made from plastic only and, as the name implies, they don’t have any additional features whatsoever. They only have the very basic ones that you can find everywhere. This is also the cheapest type, so if what you are reading rings your bell and you don’t need any handsome additions, then the chances are good that you will be satisfied in case you decide to purchase one of these chairs.
- Mid-Priced High Chairs: You would expect that the high-end chairs would have the most features to offer, but surprisingly – the biggest number of features comes with this type of High Chairs. They don’t consume too much space, they can be easily overlapped, they have plenty of additional safety additions to make sure that your baby is maximally secured ……and you can even find some mid-priced models with a big number of feeding trays as well. The material being used in the production is plastic (for the most part), however, metal tubes are used to craft legs.
- High-end High Chairs: Be warned here, as “high end” doesn’t really mean “the most features” or “the best type” at all, and in fact, high-end pretty much only stands for the quality factor (and obviously…the price as well). This type of High Chairs uses high-quality materials for its production (metal and/or wood), and the primary focus here is the design. So, if stylish and good-looking models are something you dig, and if you don’t really care about the extra features, then you may want to consider spending your money on one of these.
- European-style High Chairs: The term above mainly refers to their design. These chairs are extremely mobile, so you can pull them up wherever you want in no time. Many of their features can be adjusted fairly easily and they can also be used even in the years where it might be considered that your child has overgrown them. So, this is a very flexible (potential) purchase, and you will likely regret nothing if you decide to get this one.
- Hook-on and portable High Chairs: These are ideal if you are traveling more often, or if both you and your baby spend much of your time outside your home. These can easily be “built into” just about any table as long as that table itself is stable and able to hold up a certain weight. I have to make a small digression though, as you may need to pay more attention to wooden tables, because they can be damaged if you are using a hook-on model that has metal arms. Other than that, there is no other factor to be particularity concerned about.
- Booster High Chairs: If your toddler doesn’t have any legs (for whatever reason), then these high chairs could be your ideal option. Some booster seats are completely made of plastic only and they are very standard when it comes to features, however, some of them are much more flexible and, for example, you can change the position of the food tray, and the seats can be reclined as well. They are also very small and easy to carry, so no matter where you plan to go, a booster seat can easily be a part of your basic equipment.
- Portable High Chairs: These chairs are very similar to booster seats, but there are some differences I have to point out. First of all, their primary focus of its support is on the table, not the chair. Also (as the name suggests), these chairs can be easily overlapped and carried everywhere you go. They are perfect for frequent travelers and people who have active daily schedules. Obviously, they want their baby to be with them all the time and as much as possible. Nothing is ideal, though, so there is one more thing I also have to point out here. As I said in the beginning, this type of chairs supports itself on the table and not on the chair, so if the table is not stable, and/or if your baby is too heavy, it might get injured, so be very careful when using these chairs.
Popular High Chair Features
There are certain features that are fairly popular among High Chair users, and they are just as important when deciding what type/model to go for. As I already took this demanding task to help you out with your purchase, I am going to list all these features for you right now. Some of them may be a little less important than the others, but all of them should be taken into consideration.
Removable food trays
Removable food trays are very practical when you need to wipe off every bit of your baby’s food remaining. You can ideally remove the trays single-handedly, and you should also be able to easily remove your toddler in this process as well.
Safety Restraint System
Safety is always a primary concern, and a typical high chair should be minimally equipped with a 3-point safety mechanism. This is enough to prevent your toddler from falling due to bending down or getting out of the chair completely. If you want to be even more secure, I recommend choosing a model that has a plastic crotch bar as well.
This is a basic thing and many models automatically have this feature covered, but it is quite essential to make absolutely sure that the height of your high chair can be easily adjusted. Your baby grows fast and if the size of your chair cannot match its new height, then you will need to get a new chair. Reclining seats go hand in hand with this feature, and with this feature implemented you can allow yourself a luxury of having one hand free all the time.
Washable Seat Pad
As I already said before (and it’s a common knowledge anyway), when your baby is eating, a lot of the food is left over and ends up being nothing more than an accumulated waste. It ends up in different places, and seat pads happen to be one of them. They tend to pick up most of it. That is why washable pads are very practical because they are made from a material that makes the cleaning process as easy as pie.
Wheels and casters
Both of these are essential in order to be able to move the chair smoothly and to be mobile in general. Without the wheels/casters, you would need to remove your baby every time you want to move your chair to whatever destination, which is not very practical, you have to admit. This mechanism has to be secured with locks, however, or otherwise your baby may fall off and get injured.
Choosing the Right High Chair for babies
First, you need to know and understand what you really need. You also need to understand your child as good as you can. You should also always have in mind that baby’s safety is a primary concern and that all other factors hold up after that. Those other factors that I speak of include (but are not limited to):
- Washable and/or cleanable pads/ seat cover.
- Easily manageable safety straps.
- High stability.
- Easily movable (and usable) food trays.
Google is your best friend in this case as well. Do a research, find out what other people have to say, and eventually, you will form an opinion and get an idea of what exact type of high chair you should go for. You can also test them out by borrowing them from someone who already owns them or while in a shop. The possibilities are countless!
High chairs are extremely practical and they can only help out in order to make the feeding process of your baby as smooth as possible. Make sure to consider both yours and the baby’s needs, make sure that your kid is old enough to be in a chair, and look up for other experiences. There is no doubt that your ideal high chair model is out there waiting for you to find it and get it!