Are you looking for the Best Snow Blowers out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Snow Blowers before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Snow Blowers that suit your needs.
The perfect solution to tedious shoveling of your driveways in snowy winters, snow blowers come with numerous advantages- they’re easy on your back, require less time and effort, and get a tidy job done. The market flourishes in models of snow blowers from different brands but the most significant features you need to look out for include performance, clearing width, speed, throwing distance as well as maneuvering ease.
Take a look at the choicest 10 models of this handy equipment, with key features highlighted, and make a wise and informed purchase.
Latest Snow Blowers
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Snow Joe’s iON18SB Brushless Snow Blower
A premium-priced, durable snow blower from Snow Joe, this model is rugged and eco-friendly with a light weight of 32 pounds. Running on Li-ion 40V rechargeable batteries with a battery life of 50 minutes on continuous run, this device operates silently and gives you no hassles with gas, extension cords and pull cords. Its steel augur comes with 2 rubber blades and can move snow at a rate of 495 lbs. /min, cutting an 18” wide and 8” deep path.
Snow Joe’s SJ621 Electric Snow Thrower
Another Snow Joe model but with mid-range pricing and moderately sized, this snow blowing equipment is user-friendly and provides easy maintenance. Powered by a 13.5 amps motor, the unit clears 650 lbs. /minute, plowing a 10” deep and 18” wide path. Its key revolutionary features encompass 20W halogen light to improve visibility, 180° adjustable chute, ergonomic handles, push button mechanism and a safety button for preventing accidental starts.
Snow Joe’s SJ620 Electric Snow Thrower
Yet another Snow Joe model with mid-range pricing, the SJ620 is driven by a 13.5 amps electric motor, and is ideal for mid-sized paths and drives. Giving you mess-free service with no gas or oil required, this blower gets its job done at a rate of 650 pounds snow a minute. Its major specifications comprise 4-bladed steel augur, 18” width and 10” depth of path cleared along with 180° directional chute which is adjustable to easily throw snow in the direction of your choice.
Snow Joe’s SJ623E Snow Thrower with Light
The most popular brand on this list, Snow Joe offers another of its incredible models which is hardy and tough, and easily handles heavy snowfall. This heavy-duty unit is well-suited to large driveways with a snow-cutting rate of about 720 pounds/minute, with a discharge distance ranging 25 feet. The noteworthy specs of this snow blower encompass 18” wide and 10” deep clearing, 15 amp power motor, 20W halogen lighting to assist in low visibility conditions, quick-start button as well as safety lock to safeguard against accidental starts.
Echelon’s 18- Inch Snow Blower
An ideal device for heavy-duty snow clearing, this powerful tool clears an 18” wide and 11.8” deep path with ease. Operating on an air-cooled 87cc, four stroke engine, with 0.42 gallon tank capacity, this machine is compact in its size with 5” wheels for stability and movement on all surfaces. It will take some amount of assembly to begin working.
Snow Joe’s SJ622E Ultra Electric Snow Thrower
The top-ranked model in this list is predictably from Snow Joe, offering good service on medium and large walkways and drives. Weighing just 31.8 lbs. , this model is powered by a 15 amps motor and has 4 steel rotary blades that work at 720 pounds/minute and efficiently clear an 18” wide and 10” deep path of snow. The key selling points of this unit include full 2 year warranty, safety switch for preventing accidental starts, compact wheels to facilitate handling and easy-clean tool. Furthermore, its snow dispenser chute is manually controllable with 180° rotation.
GreenWorks’ 26032 Snow Thrower
Rated well by consumers and claiming to possess several handy, practical features, this snow blower works at 12 amps power to clear a wide 20” path. The model’s hi-tech specifications comprise cord lock that holds extension cords safely, 10” deep snow-pile removal, 6” wheels which prevent sticking in the snow and a good 20 ft. discharge of snow. This unit is made in an overall ergonomic design, and can be adjusted easily to suit individual user preferences.
Greenworks’ 26022 Snow Thrower
This budget device by Greenworks is a handy, eco-friendly unit with no carbon emissions, powered by a 10 amps motor. This efficient machine works well for small and medium driveways and yards, with a clearing speed of 600 lbs. per minute. It can clear effectively a 16” wide and 6” deep pathway, discharging snow upto 25 ft.
Toro’s Power Shovel 38361 Electric Snow Thrower
This compact, easy-handling unit with a light weight of 12.5 pounds works on a 7.5 amp motor. Apt for all kinds of drives, decks, steps and sidewalks, this machine clears 4” snow on a 50 ft.x 20 ft. drive in just about 20 minutes. Its clearing rate is 300 pounds/minute, with a discharge distance of 20 feet. Additionally, this unit comes with a modifiable metal telescoping handle.
Toro’s 15-Inch 38371 Power Curve Snow Blower
This user-friendly, heavy-duty machine which gives high priority to user comfort works on an electric 12 amp motor, with a snow-clearing rate of 500 pounds/minute. Featuring a powerful technology, Power Curve, this model has a 12” clearing depth and 15” clearing width, making it apt for small yards and drives. Its major attractive features comprise 25 pounds weight, easy-grip folding handle for easy storage and zip deflector to change snow dispensing angle.
Snow Blowers Buying Guide
Snow Blower purchasing overview
Many people don’t need any special investments to take care of the excessive snow during the winter season but for those who live in areas where snow is a very common thing, that is not the case. Using the shovels is not so practical in those cases and it just brings frustration. That is why those people should certainly consider buying a snow blower. There are many different models available on the market and although you can’t really make much of a mistake, the key is to get the one that will satisfy your needs the best. And this guide will help you out with that!
The types of Snow Blowers
There are 3 different variety of snow blowers. For electric snow blowers, that equals 25 feet while the single-stage gas solutions can go up to 35 feet. Naturally, the two-stage gas snow blowers are even more effective as they are able to reach an impressive distance of 50 feet.
Before buying your optimal type, you should consider the circumstances. Consider how much snowfall you have per year and how difficult it is to get rid of it. That should give you a better clue on what type to aim for.
- Electric snow blowers: If there is no need to blow too much snow and if the accumulation of excessive is an issue but not really an everyday concern, this type will suit you perfectly. They are very lightweight but even better news is that they are extremely easy to maintain. You don’t need to pay any additional bucks to change the oil and/or to (re)fill them. All you really need is an extension cord for a cold weather and you will be more than prepared to effectively get rid of the snow whenever you want!
- Single-stage snow blowers: These snow blowers use gas-powered motors to get rid of the snow. They have a bigger distance than the electric models but it should be noted that you should avoid using them on gravel ground as you may easily end up throwing stones all over the street! The height is another con that should be mentioned. If you are fighting off against the snow that is always above 10 inches tall, you will be much better off with a two-stage gas snow blower instead.
- Two-stage snow blowers: Unlike the single-stage blowers, this model throw the snow twice (instead of just once). As the metal auger doesn’t have any contact with the ground, these snow throwers or blowers can be used on any ground (even the gravel one). Plus, it can deal with much higher snow piles than the single-stage blowers so this is a really good pick if you regularly face a lot of snow.
- Three-stage snow blowers: This is the most powerful type of snow throwers on the market and it’s basically a must for anyone who needs to fight against extreme snow every single day. This type provides an exceptionally big height, a truly amazing width, a huge distance (50 feet), and it has 2 metal augers instead of just a single one. If you have a whole block of snow in front of your day after day, fear not, as a three-stage snow blower will ensure that the problem goes away swiftly.
Features to consider by purchasing snow blowers
Today’s snow blowers have plenty of features and it is not so easy to always determine which are the good and needed ones and which are not. We did the whole job for you and if you continue reading, you will find out what are the features that your ideal snow blower needs to have. Pay attention, though, as the more and the better features your snow blower has, the more you will need to pay for it. But, if you are really determined to buy the best solution, you are likely already aware of that.
- The clearing width feature: This feature determines how many passes are needed for the job to be done properly. Obviously, the better width, the more effectively the job will be done. This parameter ranges from 12 all the way to 45 inches. Try to carefully consider this value and think what width will be needed to clear the driveway in your place. That should be your starting point.
- Handlebar controls: This is one of the very basic features that every snow blower needs to have. Basically, it lets you control whether the metal auger (or a propeller) will be active via the handlebar control system. If you grip it, it will run and if you release, it will stop. As I said, this is a very basic feature and any snow blower that doesn’t include it should be avoided at all costs.
- Headlights feature:Headlights do help during the dark but when it is pretty late (during the night) and when you need real quality lighting, they won’t be of much use. You should avoid models that come with basic headlights and go for the ones that come with halogen headlights as those are the ones that serve their purpose the best. All high-end snow blowers have this feature implemented.
- Electrical starters: A while ago, starting up the snow blower was a real challenge and during the coldest of nights, it was a real challenge to get them up and running quickly. The modern era has given us plenty of alternatives and electrical starters help out with these issues quite a lot. No matter how freezing it is, just plug your snow blower into any nearby electrical outlet and you are ready to blow some snow. This isn’t a typical feature found in all snow blowers but you should definitely look for the ones that have it.
- Wheel control: The ability to stop one or both wheels is very handy to have, especially when an unexpected obstacle suddenly shows up on the road. This is activated by a special trigger mechanism located on the handlebars. Once you pull the trigger the right way, you will stop the power on one or both of the snow blower’s wheels.
- Customizable handlebars: Yet another feature that is not typical but it does help quite a bit. You should aim to buy a snow blower that allows you to manually customize the height of your handlebar. If your height is next to average, you should be fine even with the default height settings. But, many of us are either quite tall or small and if we don’t have an ability to set the handles to fit our own height, it will be very hard to take control of our snow blower.
- Height and direction custom options: Just like it’s great to be able to manually adjust the height of your handlebar, it is also great to be able to manually adjust the direction and the height at which the snow will be blown off as well. Many models have this feature integrated and it is very simple to use it but I do recommend double-checking everything before buying the snow blower of your choice.
- Speed adjustment features: Another amazing feature to have is the ability to manually adjust the speed at which your snow blower will get rid of the excessive snow. A vast majority of different users will be perfectly fine with 2 or 3 different speeds but two-stage snow blowers offer up to 5 different speeds and some models even go as high as 6 or 7 different speeds! It is great to be able to regulate this on your own as sometimes you also need a bigger speed to effectively “break” a gigantic pile of snow.
- The clearing features: After an extended uptime, it is very common to see snow clogs inside your blower. Nowadays, it’s very easy to get around this as many snow blower models nowadays have features that will automatically clean this up for you. If you end up with a model that doesn’t have these features, use any other object like a wooden broom (for example) but don’t clean the clogs with your bare hands!
- The heated grips: I wouldn’t really say that this feature is extremely important but it can end up being practical indeed. If you reside in areas where the snow is your “everyday” friend, getting a snow blower with heated grips will help you out with cleaning it faster and more effectively.
- One-hand control feature: Yet another feature that isn’t a must but that does make life much easier indeed. With the one-hand control feature, you will be able to adjust some parameters (related to the metal auger, for example) without the need to stop your snow blower. It isn’t a “life changer” but it certainly does help and it makes the life so much easier.
Although it may be challenging to buy a snow blower, once you get the right info, it’s actually a piece of cake! We really hope that the info you found here will be useful to you. As long as you know what you are looking for, it all becomes much easier. Getting the right snow blower will make your snow cleaning much easier and it will turn out as one of the better investments that you made. Thanks for reading, have a great day!