Are you looking for the Best Wine Decanters out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Wine Decanters before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Wine Decanters that suit your needs.
Are you seeking wine decanter to enhance your wine-drinking experience? Look no further! We are providing to you a condensed list of best decanters in the bazaar. We dedicate this scrutinized list to all those who enjoy having a rich wine-drinking experience. We have prepared this list from decanters rated very well from customers world-wide. This shall ensure that you shall get a satisfactory experience from your purchase. We have particular selection criteria and we present to you the best decanters that offer great value for money and enrich your wine’s texture and flavor in a contemporary manner.
Table of Contents
- 1 VinLuxe Wine Aerator PRO
- 2 Zazzol 3 Stage Design Wine Aerator
- 3 HiCoup Aerating Red Wine Pourer
- 4 Vintorio Aerator Wine Pourer
- 5 Wine Aerator Domestik
- 6 Varvino Wine Aerator Deluxe Decanter
- 7 Wine Aerator Decanter and Pourer
- 8 Wine Aerator cum Decanter
- 9 Wine Aerator Pourer Decanter Pouring Spout
- 10 Wine Decanter from Menu Blade
- 11 Best Wine Decanter – Buying Guide
VinLuxe Wine Aerator PRO
VinLuxe presents the PRO Aerator that entirely transforms your wine taste. Made from tough plastic, this rugged device enhances the wine taste using aeration in a three stage method. It is 300% quicker than traditional decanters. It is packed in a handheld pouch and ideal for gifting to your family and friends. It is extremely well rated throughout the world on account of its high efficiency. This is one hall of a decanter from the house of VinLuxe.
Zazzol 3 Stage Design Wine Aerator
No one understands the taste of good wine more than Zazzal. They have launched an effective decanter that can be used for both expensive as well as cheap wines. Three-stage process is incorporated in the device that adds air and enhances its taste. And it completes the aeration in a few seconds. No you do not need to wait for great tasting wine. Zazzal Aerators produce amazing results. Come try it yourself.
HiCoup Aerating Red Wine Pourer
The house of HiCoup Kitchenware presents a unique decanter to add taste to your wine. Unlike traditional decanters, this one perfectly fits the wine bottle. Now no more messy aerations as it is not required to put the aerator on your glass. This aerates the wine promptly in just a few seconds unlike conventional ones that take up to half an hour. Save time and get rich tasty wine quickly? Now your party guests have one more reason to smile.
Vintorio Aerator Wine Pourer
Now oxygenate your wine is a few seconds. And no more staining or spillage! The Wine Aerator from Vintorio is here. This masterpiece allows for hand-free operation as it perfectly installs on your wine bottle. Now serve delicious wine in seconds with confidence and in great style.
Wine Aerator Domestik
The Wine Aerator from Domestik will win your loved one’s hearts. You can now tailor-make your wine’s taste to suit your taste buds. It is a versatile device that matches the various wine types: whether bold or light. Just turn the dial and achieve your preferred aeration level. It takes just up to 10 seconds to enhance your wine with this wonderful wine aerator.
Varvino Wine Aerator Deluxe Decanter
Varvino presents the Deluxe Decanter that entirely transforms your wine taste in a fantastic fashion. And it is light on the wallet too. It is much quicker than traditional decanters completing the aeration procedure in seconds. This decanter is packed in a handheld pouch and this stylish device ideal for gifting to your family and friends. Now get the perfect aroma and maximize your wine’s flavor quickly and stylishly.
Wine Aerator Decanter and Pourer
Now this is a truly affordable aerator and with great quality. It appears in a simplistic design and ease of use. Even beginners can use this product. It looks stylish and matches your kitchen décor. Now aerate your wine and drink delicious wine instantly with this great product. An EBook is provided for ease of the users and it is convenient to clean.
Wine Aerator cum Decanter
Designed in elegant acrylic, this device enhances your wine’s taste in an extremely stylish manner. Now entertain your guests in style and win brown points. The dial has six stages that aerate the wine as per your preference. And it enriches the wine rapidly and does not take hours unlike other conventional decanters. The wine’s flavor is enhanced in process comprising 3 stages.
Wine Aerator Pourer Decanter Pouring Spout
Now aerate wine using a mess-free method. Use the wine aerator from Veeno’s. Now no more clothes staining and not too much waiting. The device looks great and enhances your wines taste in a few seconds and in a clean process. This product will certainly add value to the wine collections. Not just taste, this aerator improves the aroma and texture of the wine. It certainly is a high quality aerator.
Wine Decanter from Menu Blade
The Wine Decanter from Menu oxygenates wine up to 143% of the normal decanters. The transparent decanter enables you to watch your wine getting aerated gradually. This is truly the best amongst all the world’s decanters. This stylish looking device enhances wine taste in seconds and extremely efficient. And it is light on the wallet too.
Best Wine Decanter – Buying Guide
You can easily end up thinking that a specific wine decanter is just an unnecessary cost and that the wine is good enough the way it is already. But as soon as you try it out for yourself, you can end up changing your opinion by 180 degrees!
The best way to get the maximum out of your wine and to truly enjoy its lovely taste is to get yourself a wine decanter. And in this guide, I am going to provide some tips on how to make the purchasing process so much easier!
What Is A Decanter?
To describe it as briefly as possible – a wine decanter is a vessel used for the decantation of wine in general. Although it is mostly the red wine that is affected here, there are countless different liquors involved as well (cognac, bourbon, whiskey…to name just a few). There are two basic purposes to name here:
- Aeration– By using a wine decanter, you can easily have your wine extensively exposed to air even before you initially taste it yourself. This is done in order to fully maximize the taste of your wine. I can confirm that the flavor is indeed so much better after the wine is left to stand open and exposed to fresh air for an extended time period.
- Separating Sediment– It is a common fact that as wine gets older it gets “plagued” by a significant number of sediments. By using a wine decanter, you can easily get around this issue and not only that the end result will be a better quality of your wine; it will also be much less bitter and much clearer at the same time as well.
The Benefits of Decanting Wine
There are many positive aspects to list here. They improve the quality of your wine, they “pull out” the best from its taste, and they also look amazing as well. I believe that these 3 factors alone are enough to prove that they are an awesome addition to your assortment and a “must have” if you want a good wine that also tastes good.
Types of Wine Decanters
There are different types of wine decanters that differ from each other based on various different parameters such as the design and/or the shape itself. But the main classification and the one that I am going to consider here is the classification that is based on the attributes of the decanter’s neck. In that regard, we can speak of wide neck and thin neck decanters.
- Wide neck decanters: The main advantage of these decanters is the fact that the air circulation is almost flawless and they also allow plenty of oxygen as well which results in a better quality of your wine. Another thing that I have to note is that they are far more commonly used than their counterparts and if you hate to deal with the cleaning process, you don’t need to worry – it is as smooth as it gets!
- Thin neck decanters: Well, I can safely say that they are inferior solutions than the wide neck decanters. As the word implies, the air circulation is much worse and there isn’t a whole lot of oxygen getting in either. The cleaning is very difficult and it is often very demanding as well because you need to buy specific additions in order to make it as smooth as possible.
Not everything is so dark, though, and one good thing that stands out is the way it is very effective in removing the excessive sediments from the final product. Thanks to its thick neck, all you need to do is slowly pour the wine and watch out for any sediment that may end up in the glass/bottle. Then you need to stop pouring and you will be able to keep them “locked” inside. This is not an easy task and I wouldn’t recommend doing it for any every single wine but it’s certainly a must for expensive and luxurious wines. If you want your expensive and high-quality wine to have the best possible flavor and without a trace of sediments – this is the type to go for.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Wine Decanter
Making any sort of purchase is a very tough and demanding task and it’s very easy to mess up if you are not properly informed and/or if you didn’t take enough things into consideration. There is a whole range of different things to consider before buying a wine decanter and we will list all of them right now.
The price: The range is as big as you can imagine. While you can find some incredibly cheap decanters for less than $20, the better and more quality solutions can cost more than $100 easily. I personally believe that a wine decanter that is between $20 and $60 should be perfect for pretty much everyone’s needs.
If you want a really good solution and if you are seriously into the wine business, then you will certainly need to spend a bigger amount of money for one of the many high-end decanters on the market. Just make sure to consider your resources in order to determine if that type of investment is really worth it.
The size: As you might imagine, the size is a parameter that can vary drastically from one example to the other. It is one of the most important factors to consider before buying a specific wine decanter.
I believe that for the common needs you should aim for the smaller sizes. A size that matches the size of a single bottle should be good enough if you are not overly ambitious about this. If that is the case, however, then I certainly recommend investing into bigger decanters. These larger types are a must if you are hosting a party with many people attending but do have in mind that the air circulation is drastically reduced. That is a huge downside of the all the big decanters in general.
The shape: Just like the previously mentioned factors, the shape can vary a lot as well. The most important thing to think of when considering the shape is how much space do you actually want (and need) for the wine itself. A good majority of wine decanters are specifically designed to have plenty of space around in order to provide a good air circulation as well but some of them don’t meet these criteria so you need to be careful.
You also have to consider whether the design choice will make the pouring process difficult and risky. You don’t want to spoil the wine all over the place just because of someone’s……well “weird” design. Obviously, you should also go for the design that you like the most and not the one that someone else recommends you because you are the one who will be using the decanter not him/her. You should enjoy looking at it.
The style: One thing that is common for almost every wine decanter is that each of them has plenty of effort put into them in order to make them as appealing as possible. So, the visuals are a strong argument of pretty much every wine decanter that you stumble upon.
It all comes down to subjective taste here so I would advise using Google to find the most stylish options on the market and there is no doubt that your favorite one is out there waiting for you!
Materials: Materials are directly connected to quality here. About 95% of wine decanters are made from pure glass and this is also the safest and the only truly viable solution. Although you can find decanters made from other materials as well, I would recommend you to avoid them!
Many high-end solutions are made from a special type of glass called “crystal glass”. They are much more expensive and much more sensitive as well but they look simply stunning visually and they are a must have for any serious wine lover and consumer.
Wine Type and Age: The decanting process is not standard for all wines in general. It is much more complex for old red wines than for the younger ones. As I previously mentioned, if your primary concern is the excessive sediments, you should stick to thin neck wine decanters.
Also, not every type of wine decanters is suitable for every wine. Although you will find some universal solutions like syrah, cabernet, and merlot, I would advise sticking to a type that fits a particular type of wine specifically.
The cleaning process: Although you may end up thinking that the regular every-day soap will be just fine for this purpose, many experienced decanter users tend to disagree. It is actually fairly common for the soap to remain there even after an extensive cleaning and it may end up spoiling your wine quite a bit so you should certainly avoid that.
You can easily get over this situation in 3 major ways – by using the specific cleaning beads that are easily usable even for those exact spots that are hard to reach, or perhaps the cleaning brushes that can also easily drop out any remaining that are also located in difficult spots, or even the specially designed glass cleaners as well.
The cleaning process is always a tricky one regardless of the exact type of wine decanter but its design and/or shape can make your life even harder. Keep that in mind before you start cleaning.
Ease of Pouring: It is very important that the pouring itself isn’t too complicated. It is something you will be doing all the time, so if the risk of spoiling the wine all over the place is too big, I would certainly recommend avoiding the particular decanter.
Extra Features to Consider while purchasing wine decanters:
- Handblown — If you are a person that likes to have everything look nice and stylish, you should consider getting one of the so-called “hand-blown” wine decanters. While the traditional ones often have a great look as well, the hand-blown solutions add one additional layer of that sweet aesthetic look.
- Break Resistant — Many wine decanters are extremely sensitive and they can end up breaking far too often. You can decrease this risk yourself by choosing one of the break resistant models. Make sure to do a little investigation beforehand and you will easily find plenty of these.
- Dishwasher Safe – As I already wrote above, the cleaning process itself is never an easy task but you can make it simplify it quite a bit if you decide to use the dishwasher as your help. Make sure that the decanter itself supports that, though!
- Stopper — In order to make your wine last as long as possible, I recommend getting a stopper. Based on my own personal experience, it can typically go really bad if it’s not monitored overnight in about 12-18 hours interval. Getting a stopper will decrease that risk quite a bit.
- Chilling Decanter — Red wines are the ones that are most commonly decanted in common practice but that doesn’t mean that you can’t do the same with white wines as well. A chilling decanter is the one that will allow you to keep the quality, taste, and freshness of your white wine intact.
Popular Wine Decanter Brands
There are plenty of different manufacturers in this area as well which makes this particular purchase just as difficult as any other. There are some very notable brands on top of this, each with their own unique pros and cons. I am going to list the most popular ones and I will try to give you some insight of the overall user experience for each of them as well.
- Epicureanist: This brand offers several different decanters as well as some additional stuff for cleaning and maintaining purposes. Based on other people’s experiences, their best offer is wine decanters that acts as a “chiller” and helps your wine preserve its cool and fresh taste. Although it is said that it looks great and does the job just as great, it’s very sensitive and prone to breaking, so you need to be extra careful!
- Fusion: The trademark of Fusion is a great and elegant design. Almost every review that I stumbled upon praised the amazing visual aspect of these decanters as well as the fact that they are not even nearly as prone to breaking as some other brands. On top of that, I didn’t manage to find anything that is explicitly negative so this surely sounds like a brand to go for!
- Metrokane: Metrokane has always been known for their combo sets of aerators and decanters. The customers love them a lot and you can easily find plenty of reviews praising their simple design and overall effectiveness. A Metrokane product is also an ideal gift for a loved one as well!
- Riedel: Riedel is one of the oldest and yet still one of the most popular decanter brands around. They are consistently being glorified for their effectiveness and also for a simple and yet stunning visual aspect of their products. The only downside is the fact that the cleaning process is more difficult than it should really be. But still, having everything in mind, Riedel products are some of the best solutions you can find on this market and they offer the best ratio between price and quality as well.
- Schott Zweisel: Yet another brand where many customers tend to agree that the strong visual appeal is something that will leave just about anyone breathless. And not only that, the design also allows plenty of air circulation so these decanters are good solutions from a practical aspect as well.
- Spiegalau: Spiegalau offers a strong brand and it is a quality choice for effectiveness, longevity, and great looks as well. Plus, it is completely break-resistant so there is no risk of “messing it up” before time.
- Wine Enthusiasts : Despite having such a “juicy” name, these decanters fall back compared to the previously mentioned brands. They don’t offer top quality but they are still known for providing a good service for a relatively small amount of money. So, if you are a little low on your budget, you may want to consider getting one of these wine decanters.
Wine decanter should be bought not only by people who are serious wine lovers (and consumers) but anyone who wishes to maximize the taste of their product and to keep the original quality fresh and preserved. They are elegant, effective and useful in every possible circumstance. I hope that this article was able to provide enough information and that the wine decanter of your choice will be used happily in years to come. Good luck with your purchase and….happy drinking!