Are you looking for the Best Wireless Weather Stations out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Wireless Weather Stations before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Wireless Weather Stations that suit your needs.
Useful for accurately monitoring the weather where you live, Wireless Weather Stations are extremely important and helpful household accessories that everyone should have. To help you sort through all the brands that have become available on the market these days, you should look through the following list of the 10 top reviewed Wireless Weather Station models of 2018. Now is the time to buy from one of these highly popular Wireless Weather Stations, because they have produced many happy and satisfied customers, and you, too, will not regret your decision when you purchase one of the following.
Latest Best Wireless Weather Stations
Last update on 2021-07-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Meade Instruments Slim Line TE346W Weather Station
First on our list of the top 10 best reviewed brands of Wireless Weather Station of 2018,the TE346W Personal Weather Station from Meade Instruments has a contemporary, aesthetically pleasing design, and provides you with important weather information, such as inside and outside temperatures and humidity. This weather station’s display is easy to read, features icons, offers a forecast of either 12 or 24 hours, and updates automatically to ensure that you always get the most out of your experience when using it.
Oregon BAR208HGA Scientific Weather Station
Looking to purchase one of the best Wireless Weather Stations on the market today? If so, then you definitely should consider the BAR208HGA Weather Station from Oregon Scientific. It allows you to accurately monitor the important weather information that you need to know, such as inside and outside temperatures, wind speed, frost, and fog. The Oregon Scientific BAR208HGA Weather Station’s display features icons that make it very easy to read, and offers you either a 12-hour or 24-hour forecast.
Davis Instruments Vantage 6250 Wireless Weather Station
The 6250 Vantage Wireless Weather Station from Davis Instruments has several useful features for your enjoyment. It has a very easy-to-use design, which includes a LCD screen, integrated sensors, and an ergonomic mounting system. Its display is also easy to read, and updates continuously so that the weather information that you are receiving is always current. This information that 6250 Vantage Wireless Weather Stations provide includes both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as humidity, wind speed, dew point, and barometric pressure.
Amir Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Weather Station
Yet another of the wireless weather stations that is available for purchase on today’s market is the Amir Wireless Weather Station. Because of the fact that it is designed for everyday use, this wireless weather station features a big LED display and an ergonomic, aesthetically pleasing design. It also delivers comprehensive information for current weather and for forecasts, including both indoor and outdoor temperatures, humidity, and “feels like” temperatures. You won’t regret making the decision to purchase the Amir Wireless Weather Station.
AcuRite 00611A3 Outdoor/ Indoor Wireless Thermometer
Yet another of the wireless weather stations that are available on the current market, the 00611A3 Wireless Indoor and Outdoor Thermometer by AcuRite has several enjoyable features. Designed to be used every day, it has a large display that makes it easy for you to see all of the information that it provides, such as indoor and outdoor temperatures. The 00611A3 Wireless Indoor and Outdoor Thermometer also have a strong, 433MHz signal that ensures that you will always have reliable, up-to-date information about the weather where you live.
Ambient Wireless WS-1171B Weather Station
Another quality Wireless Weather Station which is available on today’s market is the WS-1171B Wireless Weather Station by Ambient Weather. It has an aesthetically pleasing design, with a slim console that can easily fit almost anywhere, and a big LCD display where all of its weather information is given in an easily read format. WS-1171B Wireless Weather Stations also feature a special sensor that ensures that that information is always fast, accurate, and up-to-date.
AcuRite Pro Color 00589 Weather Station
Do you need a quality Wireless Weather Station? If so, then you should definitely check out the 00589 Pro Color Weather Station. As another contribution to our list by AcuRite, this wireless weather station offers its customers several useful features, such as an optional backup battery that guarantees its reliability. What 00589 Pro Color Weather Stations are most known for, however, is their very accurate three-in-one sensor that measures temperature, wind speed, humidity and then displays all of these results on a chart.
AcuRite 02027A1 Color Weather Station
In yet another contribution to our list of the top 10 best reviewed wireless weather stations of 2018, AcuRite’s 02027A1 Weather Station is one of the most popular in today’s market. Its long-range, 330-foot sensor that can pull large amounts of information from its surrounding environment and use it to produce reliable results. The 02027A1 Weather Station is also records high and low temperatures with time stamps, and has an aesthetically pleasing design.
La Crosse Technology Vertical S88907 Wireless Color Forecast Station
To anyone that is looking to purchase a quality wireless weather station: the S88907 Wireless Forecast Station by La Crosse Technology is most definitely for you! It will allow you to easily keep close tabs on the weather where you live. It accurately measures and records important weather information, such as both inside and outside temperatures, as well as humidity and barometric pressure. The S88907 Wireless Forecast Station also has automatic date and time stamps, to ensure that you always get the most accurate forecasts and a backlit screen with adjustable brightness for easy viewing.
AcuRite Wireless 01500 Weather Station
Topping our list of the top 10 best reviewed wireless weather stations of 2018 is yet another contribution by AcuRite is the 01500 Wireless Weather Station. It offers several useful features to its users, such as a sensor with an effective 330-foot range that continuously takes in real-time data from the environment, and a self-calibrating timing system that accurately predicts the weather in forecasts of either 12 hours or 24 hours ahead. The AcuRite 01500 Wireless Weather Station gives you important information about the weather where you live, including precipitation, temperature, humidity, wind direction, and wind speed.
Weather Station Buying Guide
As you probably know already, the weather is a very changeable category, and the forecasts you can find in the media aren’t necessarily 100% correct either. It is much easier to prepare yourself properly with your own personal weather station.
The buying process here is not an easy task by any means. You will need a lot of information before you even consider getting one for yourself, but that is exactly why I wrote this short tutorial, so I hope that the tips I am going to provide here will help you out as much as it is needed. Have fun reading!
Things to consider when buying the best Weather Station
- Features – No matter what weather station you plan on buying, it needs to have plenty of features already implemented. That way you can use the station in plenty of different ways, and you will have information that is as close to reality as possible.
In order to achieve this, first thing that you need to know is what you actually want your weather station to have (apart from the basic, obvious stuff). People often make a mistake and buy weather stations where a whole bunch of features is completely unnecessary, so in order to make this investing worth your money, make sure to also investigate carefully before buying.
Google is always an ideal spot to look up some information about the product and to also potentially find out what other users think of it, so don’t hesitate to use it!
- User interface – Obviously, you will also want to have a good user interface, and preferably an interface that is as user-friendly as possible as well. Not every interface is the same, and it depends on the manufacturer and the model itself.
Regardless of that, it is common for manufacturers to try to keep these things as simple as possible because nobody wants to waste precious time on something that should be very quick and effective. Even a touch-screen interface isn’t a whole new thing anymore either.
Make sure to always go for a model that has a good user-friendly interface so that you can get your weather forecast in a speed of light.
- Durability – Yet another extremely important parameter – you should always buy a model that is able to be durable for an extended time period (rain gauges and anemometers are especially important in this regard). The whole composition needs to be able to withstand even the harshest conditions that can occur outside. So, the only model you should look for here is the one that fulfills this very standard. The models that are intended to be used in indoor environments don’t need to comply with such strict standards when it comes to this, but it is still a general rule that you should always choose models that can withstand extensive pressure from the outside.
- The range – The range itself is essentially important to consider as well. A general rule is that the bigger the range is the better for you! And you will also get a better forecast as well. The bare minimum would be 300 feet, and I believe this is just enough for pretty much any normal occasion.
- Brand – Nothing less important is the Brand itself, and this is another thing where a heavy investigation is needed before conducting the purchase.
Some Brands are well known for their quality, others not so much. And obviously, you should focus on those that bring quality. Sometimes, even an unknown name can fulfill that, so keep your eye on the overall user experiences all the time!
- Accuracy – You also want your weather station to be as accurate as possible. This is perhaps the most important factor to consider, because if the station isn’t accurate, you will end getting wrong reports each and every time, so the whole thing will just end up being a huge waste of money.
And once again, listen to what other people have to say and look up some information on the internet. It is very easy to find out how precise each weather station is, it just requires a tiny bit of dedication.
- Setting up – Obviously, you need to choose a model that is easily set up and configured but be warned, as the process is quite complicated for pretty much every weather station out there. Manuals can come pretty handy, though, so make sure to study them well no matter what weather station you are planning to buy. And internet is once again a great resource for any additional guides as well (especially a service like YouTube……..and obviously, Google as well).
- The power source – The last thing that is very important to consider is the power source itself. This obviously requires huge attention, because you always need to aim for your weather station to have enough power to run properly. There are 3 different ways to power the outdoor weather stations: solar power, AC cables, and batteries.
Solar power is the most effective method (and the most expensive as well), while the AC cables appear to be the most commonly used solution. Just be careful here, as AC cables are usually meant for big distances exclusively. Batteries are a proper alternative for the AC cables and, in some cases, the only viable solution.
- Connectivity features – It is a really good addition to be able to share the files/resources between your weather station and your PC, so connectivity features are very important as well.
The most common way of doing this is by using the USB port to establish a connection between the two sides, but other ways can be used as well (W-Fi, for example). I believe that a wireless connection is an advantage here, since it is much more accessible than the USB connection, and you can also retrieve your files even if the computer is not turned on.
How to Pick a Wireless Weather Station
There are several important things you need to consider before buying your own weather station:
- Know What You Want, Get What You Need: This is absolutely the key concept. Without knowing what you actually want from your weather station, you will not be able to make the right purchase whatsoever. It is not the same whether you want to get just a general info about the weather or you want to be able to forecast potential tornados effectively. You need to choose the model that is precise enough, that has correct data about rainfalls and the wind speed, and also a model that you can actually afford. I would recommend noting down both your needs and the basic attributes of the weather stations that you are considering. That way, you will be much closer to choose the optimal solution.
- Do Your Research: Information is vital everywhere. No matter what station you intend to buy always look up some additional info and listen to what other people have to say. Google, watching some YouTube clips, reading up the reviews, and consulting people in real life should keep you properly informed with everything that you need to know about the particular station and/or all the weather stations in general. You can even ask a meteorologist for extra tips as well. Information is everywhere, do not hesitate to look it up and use it!
- Don’t Break The Bank: Always make sure to consider how much are you willing/able to pay for the actual weather stations in the end. You can end up getting a proper basic model for around 30 dollars, but the more advanced models are much more expensive, and the price can well exceed 1000 dollars!
My advice is to first decide what weather stations you intend to buy. Then you can look up the prices on different places (on the internet as well, of course) and buy the weather stations on the place that offers the best price and the best conditions as well.
One last thing I have to note here is that you should never look for the cheapest models exclusively. Cheapest may also be low-quality models. Go for the models that you can buy, and where you have enough information to conclude that the purchase is a proper one.