Are you looking for the Best Women’s Hiking Boots out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Women’s Hiking Boots before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Women’s Hiking Boots that suit your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1 KEEN Women’s Targhee II Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 2 Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot
- 3 Timberland Women’s White Ledge Hiking Boot
- 4 Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
- 5 Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
- 6 Merrell Women’s Moab Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 7 Under Armour Women’s Valsetz Boots
- 8 Stumptown by Danner Women’s Mountain Light Cascade Hiking Boot
- 9 Hi-Tec Women’s Ohio WP Hiking Boot
- 10 Merrell Women’s Moab Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 11 Women’s Hiking Boots Buying Guide
KEEN Women’s Targhee II Waterproof Hiking Boot
The KEEN Targhee II hiking boots are ideal for hiking boots especially, if you are going for hikes / treks on a wet day. The proprietary eVENT liner is waterproof and yet breathable. It pushes out moisture vapor before it converts into perspiration within the boots. At the same time, it prohibits stream water and rain water from permitting inside. Solid traction is required for wet environments, these boots achieve this with the help of herculean 4mm lugs. ESS shank grants torsional rigidity while traversing on rocky paths and loose slopes.
Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot
The Ahnu Boots are manufactured for those women who favor trails rather than treadmills with the help of the advanced NumentumTM Technology. Numentum encourages your feet’s natural motion by offering balanced positioning system. This technology enables a balanced, stable and efficient stride. Whether one likes to jog across magnificent park Golden Gate or hike through the famous mountains Big Sur, Ahnu’s products shall keep you balanced, naturally centered and comfortable throughout your journey. The company follows a guiding principle that is true to everyone responsible person on this planet – “to impart more as we grow”. These values guide the company to demonstrate responsibility in their social causes. Ahnu wants each one of us to get outside and live a more composed life – for if we do so, we are making connections with the idea of creating this iconic brand.
Timberland Women’s White Ledge Hiking Boot
The White Ledge Hiking Boots are loaded with an external rubber outsole to provide the fantastic traction. Product feature: Rich waterproof full-grain leather upper providing abrasion resistance, comfort and durability; Waterproof construction ensures that your feet don’t get wet even on wet & rainy days; Thick padding on both tongue and collar improves comfort; At the same time, the EVA footbed gives comfort and ventilation; Textile lining made for moisture-wicking helps keep feet comfortable and moisture-free; Rear foot is protected with help of covering of external heel; Sturdy Rubber outsole and intelligently placed lugs provide fantastic traction.
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
Columbia Newton Ridge + Hiking Boots are a pair of all-weather boots. The waterproof design protects the feet from getting wet from streams, shower and morning dew. Breathable mesh keeps the feet airy and fresh. The proprietary Omni-Grip ensures good grip even on challenging terrains.
Columbia has an array of diverse products including footwear, accessories, outerwear, and sportswear. Columbia uses latest technologies to develop their products using finest quality materials, creating functional, stylish latest products which are a grand value for your money.
Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
The Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX is versatile – all-weather and all-terrain boots. Upper made of nubuck leather that is water-repellant. Footbed having Acclimate control enhances breathability while giving excellent comfort to feet. Hotspots are reduced using the waterproof and continuous lining of Gore- Tex. Vibram® Evo outsoles has a nylon shank of full length. Plan your subsequent weekend adventure wearing the Renegade GTX.
These boots are ideal for short-haul and day trips combining both comfort and versatility. Major features include nylon shank of complete length, Vibram® sole that absorbs shocks and moisture-wicking. These sturdy shoes can take payloads of up to 25 pounds owing to various rich features.
Merrell Women’s Moab Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
The Merell Moab Boots are Mid-height boots designed respecting a woman’s need and form. These are in short, all weather boots that maintain your feet fresh and comfortable. The Multi-Sport sole makes use of proprietory Vibram® technology providing unmatched traction for external trails. Product Features: Hiking boot with mid-height; Feet are kept dry and comfortable in either wet or dry weather. Debris is repelled using leather of type Waterproof Dura and Bellows tongue. Heel counter and toe cap are made of synthetic leather; a contoured cup positions your heel at rear of boot. Aegis antimicrobial technology on waterproof membrane removes odors; Anatomic, removable footbeds add cushioning of feet; Precise anatomic fit is achieved with help of Q-FormTM alignment technology; Cushioning while trailing is provided by the comfort midsole Heels have air cushion for greater shock absorption and stability; The lugs are 5mm deep with multi-sport Virbam®; Just 1lb, 13 ozs is their normal weight.
Under Armour Women’s Valsetz Boots
The mesh upper is light in weight, tough and ventilated giving improved comfort. The EVA midsole are precisely contoured and compression molded providing comfort cushioning for your feet without adding significant weight to the boots. The proprietary ArmourGuide® ensures guidance for foot-strike. The proprietary ArmourBound® enables responsive, enhanced cushioning. The proprietary ArmourLastic® protects the feet by absorbing maximum shocks in critical zones of heels and forefeet. The soft Ortholite® molded footbed cushions while firmly locking the feet. Rubber outsole increases the grip on the road or on the trail. Toe rand is made of high abrasion, textured rubber to protect your foot. Easy put-on and take-off of the shoes with the help of intelligently placed shanks with speed-lacing without compromising on the secure fit.
Stumptown by Danner Women’s Mountain Light Cascade Hiking Boot
Danner boots are known since four decades to produce iconic boots with best quality materials, unmatched craftsmanship and fantastic finishes. The Mountain Light Hiking Boot uses the finest materials in line with the thinking of Danner who first designed these shoes since 1970s. A leather upper made up of full-grain, rich leather complimented with red laces boots has a sole made of Vibram® for strength and stability.
Hi-Tec Women’s Ohio WP Hiking Boot
Breathable Suede and nylon mesh uppers keep the feet ventilated as well as dry. Water-resistance construction. Handy lacing scheme positions the foot firm and secure in place. EVA insole that is removable enhances the cushioning. CMEVA midsoles provide the comfort cushioning. These outsoles are made of carbon rubber to tackle any terrain.
These boots are made by Hi-Tec Company which is serving us since four decades. The company pioneered the lightweight hiking boots. Hi-Tec progresses and develops outdoor footwear as required by clients globally to meet requirements of quality, lightweight and comfort. These shoes are distributed in more than 70 countries worldwide, making it a truly global brand. More than 10 million sets are sold each year.
Merrell Women’s Moab Waterproof Hiking Boot
- Fabric / Leather upper
- Synthetic sole
- Heels have air-cushioning
- Antimicrobial coating on waterproof membrane
- Ortholite footbed
- Outsole made from TC5+ compound using Vibram® tech
- Toe Bumper
The Water-resistant Moab performs while simultaneously providing superior air ventilation and safety.
Women’s Hiking Boots Buying Guide
Planning a good hiking trip can be truly demanding. You need to consider so many different things and it is easy to miss many of them out! Perhaps the most important thing that you should take into account is what to actually wear for this occasion. Getting the right hiking boots will make the whole experience so much better so it is never a wrong decision to spend some money for the quality ones. But getting the right solution is not always that easy. You need to understand the very basics and you need some proper information before going out to buy some. You should also know where to buy them as well. You can easily hop over to one of your local shops and buy them there but you can also browse through a vast assortment of globally well-known websites (like Amazon) as well. This guide is written to help out with these small things that will eventually (and hopefully) result in an ideal purchase. So, let’s get started!
Important factors for consideration
In order to get the best out of your product, you need to understand it well. This is one of the general rules in every buying process and this here is really no exception. You also need to know that, in this case, you are looking for hiking boots that are made for women, not the ones for men. They are different from one another and getting the wrong pair of boots will greatly affect your hiking experience.
- The fit: Getting the hiking boots of proper fit is the single most important factor to consider before even thinking of buying them. If you can’t wear them at all, there is no reason to even bother. When we speak of the term “fit”, we mainly speak of 3 basic elements – the volume, the width, and the length. If the fit is a proper one, you should be able to put your foot in the boot nicely and without any obstacles in the way. The boots should be comfortable and there should be enough space between the foot and the edges of the boot’s inner side so that the skin is able to breathe properly. If you feel that your fingers are hitting the upper part of the boots’ inner sides and if you feel as if your feet are “stuck” while attempting to walk, the fit is almost certainly not a good one. In order to get a proper fit, it may be a good idea to ask someone (preferably in the store) to measure the dimensions of your feet. That way, you will know in advance what boots will suit you.
- The overall comfort: The overall comfort is almost just as important as the fit. If that is done correctly, you should be comfortable in your hiking boots. If that is not the case, however, you will have issues whenever you wear them. But even worse, you can end up in serious trouble because tight boots can cause quite a damage to your feet. Always make sure that you feel comfortable when wearing your hiking boots even if that means that their look is not as attractive as you would like.
- The cut: The last but not the least important factor to consider is the cut of your boots. It comes in 3 different forms – low-cut, mid-cut, and high-cut. Low-cut hiking boots are primarily intended to be used lightly and for smaller hiking sessions. Mid-cut hiking boots have some additional materials to protect your feet and they can be used for fairly intensive hiking routines. Lastly, high-cut hiking boots are designed for the most extensive hiking sessions and thus they provide the biggest amount of additional protection.
- Materials & bonus add-ons: You should definitely be properly informed about the materials as well as not all of them are top-quality and you need the best ones to fully maximize your hiking experience. The most commonly used materials are leather, synthetic materials in general, and even the ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) and polyurethane. From what I can tell, all of these options (and even a mix of them) are viable ones.
Sometimes, you may want to buy some bonus additions as well (especially if you have the hiking boots that are crafted for intensive hiking sessions). There are plenty of them to find on the market, each with a different role and purpose. The most common add-ons are the crampons. They are attached to the very bottom of your hiking boots and they will help you to effectively deal with icy ground and the heavy trails in general.
The main purpose
What is the main purpose of your hiking boots? This right here should be one of the first questions to be answered before you head over to buy your own pair. Once you determine what you will use them for and how often as well, you will be much closer to finding the ideal hiking boots that will suit you well for years to come.
The types of hiking boots
There are 4 different types of hiking boots in total and each of them is designed to satisfy different needs and different hiking routines. You need to properly determine how “serious” you are when it comes to this and then you will be able to determine what type is the most suitable for you personally. The types are as follows:
- Light hiking shoes – As you may have already figured it out just by looking at name alone, these hiking shoes are designed for light hiking sessions and for an easy terrain as well. If you are just looking for a casual solution that should serve you well for shorter distances, this type is the one for you! It should be added that they are similar to the classic running shoes but they offer a better longevity.
- The hiking boots – Hiking boots are more of a “middle ground” solution, although they are also fairly casual. They will serve you perfectly during the shorter hiking schedules and an easy terrain but you can also use them on harsher grounds and during the more intensive exercises. If you intend to do that, however, do take note that the longevity is drastically reduced that way.
- Backpacking boots – These boots are primarily made for longer hiking sessions and more extreme terrain as well. If you want good boots for harsher and more serious hiking, this type is certainly the one to be considered seriously.
- Mountaineering boots – This is the type that is intended to be used in the longest and the harshest hiking routines. It is made of toughest materials and it offers the biggest longevity of all the 4 types. They also allow upgrades in form of crampons (for example) to deal with icy and grounds with intensive traces even better.
We’ve reached the very end and it’s time to sum things up. The first thing you need to understand as a potential buyer is your own personal preference. Once you determine what you want from your hiking boots and how demanding your hiking sessions really are, the next step is to collect enough information about the particular hiking boots. Lastly, you should look out for the best prices both in the local stores and online. Once you figured that out, there is no obstacle anymore to prevent you from buying the optimal hiking boots that should serve you well for years to come!