Are you looking for the Best Xbox 360 Games out of hundreds of top models?. Then Don’t buy a Xbox 360 Games before reading the reviews and buying guide. Compare and Buy the best Xbox 360 Games suit your needs.
The Xbox 360 seems to be a class of its own. In spite of the fact that superior technology gaming consoles are being released every day in the market, the Xbox 360 has not lost its niche. One reason for this is the type of games that the market has to offer. You may not want to have all of them but some of worth buying. Well, below you will find the top 10 games that are compatible with your Xbox 360 that has the admiration of every gamer.
Latest Best Selling Xbox 360 Games
Last update on 2020-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The LEGO Movie Videogame – Xbox 360 Standard Edition
Have you watched the movie Lego? Well, then relating to the game should be easy. The Lego Movie Videogame did not gain popularity at its introduction. In fact, it was considered a game of B grade and one that pinched the pockets of the franchisers. But soon it won over the hearts of gamers as well as critics. This game has a compelling gameplay that attract both the young and the elderly. There are funny dialogue, comical moments and jokes delivered in strange voices that add humour and charm to the entire game. It uses good textures and models to make the graphics look better. The story of the game may not be compelling but the it depicts some of the popular comic book characters giving a different experience to the gamer.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 – Xbox 360
Have you watched the trailer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 game? Well, it is high time you did. Once you do, you will never do without buying the game. Even the Xbox 360 can go great justice to its amazing graphics. This sequel might be attracting some artificial hype. But it is better than many other games that are available in the market. This game can be classified as action-adventure. The players must help the Count Dracula – originally known as Gabriel Belmont – to get his lost powers back.
Pac-Man Museum [Online Game Code]
The Pac-man Museum, as the name suggests, is a collection of all the Pac-man games ever released. Starting from the original 1980 version to the latest 2010 version, this game can hold less appeal to all the Pac-man fans who have played all these versions individually. However, this is a great game for the first timers. If you are looking at some fun games with neighbours or friends, then this will soon become your favorite. It has good replay value and beating some high scores should set you in the right frame of mind to enjoy this game.
The Walking Dead Season 2 Online Game
Remember the game that got the “Game of the year” title in 2012? Yes, you are right. This game is a sequel to that. The game actually found base in a TV show but has definitely surpassed it in its popularity. The storyline, voice acts and characterisation ate the highlights of this game. Of course, one can definitely expect superior graphics and compelling gameplay that won Telltale the title for The Walking Dead – Season One.
South Park: The Stick of Truth – Xbox 360
The South Park: The Stick of Truth is not a game for all. Well, you must know that some scenes in the game faced ban or censor in some countries. They had their reason, however, that need not necessarily make this game bad. This game can make you roll on the floor laughing with its amusing conversions, silly jokes, amusing comments and humorous situations. Well, one cannot miss any of these aspects of the game in the single-player mode. The challenge in this game is the puzzles that the game developers have hidden throughout the game.
Earth Defense Force 2025 – Xbox 360
The Earth Defense Force 2025 is a sequel to the Earth Defense Force game. This is yet another shooting game that should have you glued to the seats with the gaming control in hand. The player has a wide range of weapons that he can use to complete the missions without which he can move up to the next level. There are huge insects you need to vaporize, colossal robots that need to be destroyed and buildings you need to blow up in your missions. Fun, isn’t it? High-polygon models are used to add more spice to the graphics.
Dark Souls II – Xbox 360
The Dark Souls II is a sequel to Dark Souls I. There was a little bit of a disappointment among those who played part I. This is not due to the game by itself. Part I was very unpopular among casual gamers as it was complex. So Part II was developed having the casual gamers in mind. This is the reason for the disappointment. The game requires a lot of time for completing. One can expect a compelling storyline, remarkable voice action and superb artwork in this game – the reason for it making the top 10.
Xbox 360 Games and Accessories Buying Guide
Xbox 360 has a long tradition on the console market and it is one of the respective leaders in the console world nowadays as well. It is continuously being updated and its game library is constantly growing. Although it’s quite straight-forward, you may end up being confused because there is so much info available out there. But fear not, this guide is here to lead you in the right way and help you out with your purchase!
History of Xbox 360
Microsoft’s Xbox 360 is a spiritual successor to the original Xbox and it launched in 2005. The biggest innovation was the Live feature that allowed hundreds of gamers to play their favorite games online with people from all over the globe and even to download some DLCs as well (games, patches, and other side content). Xbox 360 is widely popular and the only thing that will “kill it off” is Microsoft announcing (and releasing) the next version of their console.
Xbox 360 Design
The common trend in the world of console gaming today is that consoles are not only made for you to play video games but to reproduce other kinds of multimedia as well. Xbox 360 can easily deal with audio and video content and you can also access the internet as well. Services like Hulu Plus, Netflix or Zune (Microsoft’s streaming website) are all fully accessible and you can even use social networks (yes, you can easily use Facebook on your own Xbox 360!). If you take a look at Amazon,you will be able to buy some accessories to improve your overall experience even further. Kinect is the most popular one but that’s not the only one that you can get.
A relatively recent addition is Xbox 360 slim which improved on many things over the older versions and it replaced them fully. You can still buy those old versions of Xbox 360 but the slim variant is the current one.
Xbox 360 Video Games
Xbox 360 is a gaming console for everyone and regardless of what kind of genre you are into, you will find a game that will occupy you for hours. Just like Nintendo has Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda and just like Sony has God of War, for example, Halo is a widely popular Xbox exclusive and it is a sole reason why many people decide to get the Xbox 360 in the first place. You will be able to enjoy many other popular games like the Battlefield franchise, the Gears of War franchise, the FIFA series, the Need for Speed games, widely acclaimed Mass Effect series, and many more!
Xbox 360 Video Game Ratings
You should check out the official ESRB ratings that are shown on every game that comes out. I will list these ranks here and leave a small description so that you know what each of them means.
- EC (early childhood) – This rating is usually given to educational games and games that combine preschool activities. These games are suitable for any child that is between 3 and 6 years old.
- E (everyone) – This is the most common rating. It means that the gaming content is suitable for anyone who is aged 6 and above. There may still be a small trace of violence and/or other inappropriate things so the best thing to do is to read the description of a particular game before buying it.
- E10+ (everyone 10+) – The games that have this rating are suitable for everyone who is aged 10 and above. The amount of violence and inappropriate might be a bit higher than in the previous rank so, again, the best thing is to read the description before purchasing a particular game.
- T (teen) – These games are recommended for teenagers who are between 13 and 17 years old. This kind of games usually contains a higher degree of violence, “nasty” language, and potentially some questionable humor as well.
- M (mature) – When you are buying a game that has an M rating, you should know that the content is meant to be enjoyed by adults aged 17 and older. This kind of players will not be affected by violence, harsh language, nudity, and nasty humor.
- AO (adults only) – AO-rated games should be purchased by (and for) people who are 18 years old and older. The amount of “generally inappropriate” content is the highest here so you need to be very careful and you absolutely need to read the description before buying a particular game. That being said, it should be noted that Microsoft doesn’t support these games on their system(s).
- RP (rating pending) – This category indicates that the game doesn’t have an official rating yet but it will have it in the foreseeable future. All games do get their ratings by the time they arrive at the local stores.
Xbox 360 Controllers and Accessories
- The controllers: You can play any game with just one controller and fully immerse yourself into a rich and fulfilling single-player experience. But the real enjoyment comes from the multiplayer aspect so if you want to enjoy your games with your friends and family and if you want to play with them (and/or compete against them), you will need some additional controllers as well. I would recommend sticking to a wireless controller that Microsoft provides. It has an identical functionality to the regular Xbox controllers. A 30-foot range and about 40 hours of battery life should serve you well enough! If you’re a fan of racing games, you definitely need to get yourself a racing wheel.I can strongly recommend the ones that come from Datel SuperSport, Microsoft themselves, and CTA digital. The racing wheel made by the last mentioned manufacturer can be greatly used in combination with Kinect so if you’re into the racing games genre, this is a must-have! You can easily buy these controllers either via an online shop like Amazon or the official website of the particular manufacturer.
- Xbox Live: One of the things that really sells Xbox 360 nowadays is the Live feature. With this service enabled, you will be able to enjoy the multiplayer content to the fullest and play against either your friends or other people around the web. If you have a working mic and headphones, you will be able to use voice chat as well. In order to use the Live feature, you will need to subscribe. There are two basic subscription plans, one on a monthly basis and one on a yearly basis. You can get them directly from Microsoft or from a third-party source like Amazon, etc.). My recommendation is to subscribe directly but if you want to use a third-party provider, make sure that is a well-known source so that you don’t end up in a fraud.
- Microsoft Points: This is a currency that is used to purchase stuff via the Xbox 360 live service. You can buy them with specific point cards that can be obtained directly from Microsoft or via the alternative sources like Amazon. Another way you can purchase points is by using the credit card that is connected to your account on Live.
Xbox 360 Add-ons
In order to improve your gaming even further, you will definitely need some add-ons to make that work like a charm. The add-ons that I will list here are a must if you are a passionate gamer.
Go Wireless with Xbox 360
Wireless networking is a modern trend for quite some time in technology and, of course, the consoles are no exception. You can connect your Xbox 360 to the internet by using the system cables and the classic Ethernet port. If you have an older model of Xbox 360, you can also get yourself a wireless antenna (provided by Microsoft) and plug it into anywhere you want via the USB port.
Get More Xbox 360 Storage
Although the standard hard disks will likely be just enough, if you want to use your Xbox 360 for other multimedia activities (browsing the web, music, video, photos, etc…), you will most certainly need more memory. You can easily upgrade your hard drive and get as much additional memory as you want. All Xbox 360 hard disks are ranged between 20 GB and 320 GB.
Customize the Look of Xbox 360
You can make your Xbox 360 look even better and cooler by purchasing one of the many available Xbox 360 skins. You can easily get them in your local store or you can just buy them via the web.
You can enjoy the commodity of enjoying the sound effects to the fullest and without disturbing the others and you can also maximize your vocal chat experience with your own unique headphone set.You can easily buy them in one of your local stores or via the internet. The sets that I would recommend are the ones that come from Tritton, Turtle Beach, as well as Microsoft themselves.
Xbox Live Vision Camera
You don’t need to turn on your computer and install Skype in order to have a live chat session with your friends and relatives – you can do this on your Xbox 360 as well with a Live Vision Camera. You can also use these cameras to create the avatars for your Live accounts as well. You can easily get them either from your local stores(s) or the internet.
Xbox 360 Media Remote
You can enjoy the full potential of your Xbox 360’s multimedia features with an Xbox 360 media remote.The best thing about it is that not only that you can control your own console, you can also use it as a substitute for the actual TV remote and thus you can control your TV as well. And the other technical equipment is no exception either! You certainly want to consider getting yourself a media remote for a full enjoyment factor.
Controller-Free Gaming with Xbox 360 Kinect System
The widely accessible Kinect is probably the most popular add-on and a real must-have for any serious Xbox 360 gamer! When you have Kinect equipped, you no longer need any controller because YOU are the one who is controlling the game yourself. Your movements ultimately dictate what happens on the big screen. You can get your Kinect the same way as the other add-ons.
Also, I mustn’t forget to add that you can use your Kinect to hand out voice commands and thus control your console without the need for any remotes. This is very handful when dealing with multimedia content like movies, music, or if you’re watching a slide show!
Xbox 360 Core and Arcade Editions
The core version of the console was also the initial version of Xbox 360 while the arcade variant is the superior version of the console. Among many differences between the two, the most notable one is that the core version of Xbox 360 offers the standard controllers and you had to buy the hard drive on your own. That is not the case with the arcade version as it came with wireless controllers and an integrated hard drive. The core version also initially had only 256 MB of memory which got upgraded to 512 later on but you still had to upgrade your memory in order to properly play your games on the console.
- Xbox 360 Premium Edition: Yet another upgrade to the core version of Xbox 360. The main advantage is that the regular 20 GB hard drives were replaced with more superior 50 GB counterparts. It was also commonly shipped with a free game and some demos. The holiday editions were usually packed with Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-fu Panda based on the cartoon of the same name.
- Xbox 360 Elite Editions: If you like a firm black concept, these Xbox 360 variants are made just for you! The initial releases were bundled with a huge 150 GB hard drive and specific software that reduces the overall heating of your console. The later ones had 250 GB hard drives and you got games like Final Fantasy XIII and Halo 3 packed in as well.
- Xbox 360 S Edition: This is the current version of Xbox 360. It is smaller and more convenient so it’s easy to keep it anywhere you want. It also provides more memory than the previous iterations. It accepts all storage units and the addition of touch-sensitive controls makes this version the most superior console on the market from a technical point of view.
- Xbox 360 Kinect: As I mentioned earlier, Kinect is a revolutionary concept that uses your body as a controller and it removes any need for the actual gamepads. That is basically a response to Nintendo’s Wii and their Wiimote. There is a sensor that acts sorta like a webcam, it locates your position and allows you to manipulate the happenings on the screen. It can also recognize your face, accept voice commands, and it comes bundled with a 3D motion capture feature.
- The Xbox 360 Experience: This console is extremely popular and along with Sony’s PS4, it basically holds the whole console market. High-quality graphics, an impressive games library, full multimedia support, and the ability to go online and enjoy all the popular commodities that the internet offers all make Xbox 360 an ideal solution for your home gaming set. By getting this console, you can easily end up having “another PC” that you can use while laying on a couch for example! If that’s not enough, you can also play Sega games here as well!
Get yourself an Xbox 360 and you will not regret it! Not only that you will have an ultimately powerful console, you will also have a multimedia set like no other. It will be a long time until a superior solution comes out and takes its place.